It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is the right section to post this under....

Here's my question. Please tell me how I should go about this.

I often daydream, and sometimes I get so disconnected from 'reality' that it is hard to get back. I'm sure most of us dread going to work, well, me too! I am so absentminded, all the time, that when I absolutely HAVE to go to work, and concentrate on what I am doing, I get light headed and dizzy. IS THIS NORMAL?? I get a shock, because of my return to 'normal human reality'. It feels like I wake up during the day, when I wasn't sleeping? I can't explain it better? I wish I could just disconnect from everything, but I need to sustain myself, that means, integration into society. Ugh.
Do you guys feel the same way?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

How should you deal with it?

First step: Contact a mental health professional.
Second step: See what they say.
Third step: Follow the advice and see what kind of improvement it has on your quality of life.

I'm not a huge fan of prescription drugs, but I think that you might benefit from some type of chemical balancing.

Go in with an open mind, otherwise it won't help!

Good luck

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

I know how you feel here. And don't let anyone tell you that you aren't normal. I don't think anyone really likes going to work. Its just something you have to do, ya know. Sometimes you have to do things even when you don't feel like doing them. I think you should read this article. It may apply to you, it may not. I for one know that it helped me out because I fit the classification here:

Wandering Minds on Depression: Overcoming Chronic Procrastination

I hope that helps.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

join