It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Jewish Judge Rules No Elections Till Late 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ISRAEL: The Sharon administration has another 3 years to flex its political muscles after exploiting a little known statute in Israeli law, this ensures no general election till 2007 awarding Sharon a few more years in power, the chairman of the Central Elections committee ruled that the next general elections should take place in November 2007

A loophole in the relevant statute had been interpreted as bringing the date forward by one year and Justice Dorner had been asked to adjudicate the controversy. The decision was a blow to the jackals of the Israeli press who tore into the prime minister over what they called a bombshell discovery that he had once conducted business down on his farm with the former father-in-law of Elhanan Tennenbaum, the rogue reserve officer at the center of a prisoner swap with Lebanon's Hizballah terrorists. When the hard facts were picked out of the inferences, the bombshell proved no better than a nine-hour wonder. Sharon had pushed hard to bring Tennenbaum and the bodies of three fallen...

I'd imagine many Israeli's being unhappy at this development, the ultra conservative policies of Sharon are wrecking the jewish states economy and enraging the neighbours, terrorist activity has been at an all time high since Sharon took power, his inability to negotiate leaves him at a disadvantage, pressure should be applied to the terrorists and the groups but not directly on the palestinian people.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No elections, but I predict at least 5 No Confidence Votes between now and then.

For some reason I always think of the scene from Starwars Episode 1 when I hear No Confidence Vote.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
does this mean Sharon is off the hook for taking illegakl soft money bribes?

wow, that went away pretty quickly

new topics

join