It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Birth Certificate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's been said many times that he was born in Hawaii...why all of a sudden are people questioning this? People are really reaching to try to discredit the man. He would NOT be in the position he is in if he was not born in the US....use some common sense people.

sheesh!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
It's been said many times that he was born in Hawaii...why all of a sudden are people questioning this? People are really reaching to try to discredit the man. He would NOT be in the position he is in if he was not born in the US....use some common sense people.

sheesh!

I'm not sure I follow you're reasoning. Obama is in the position of being a U.S. Senator. That position does not require that he was born in the U.S. I'm pretty sure that all the paperwork that's required to be placed on the Democratic primary ballots is self-reporting, i.e., it's up to the candidate to aver that he meets the qualifications.

I'm not sure that there has been any point in the process where Obama's country of birth would have been required to be verified at this point. It is not unreasonable to think that everybody in the Democratic party has simply assumed Obama was telling the truth when he said he was born in Hawaii.

But what if he wasn't?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Maybe he hasn't released it yet because his father is listed as being Arabic on his birth certificate as opposed to black?

Just a thought

Jemison

Ok....His father is from Kenya. Kenya is in Africa, Kenya is almost ENTIRELY black. Arabic people...Live in Arab areas. Like...Saudi Arabia. These people are not black.

A typical Kenyan:
www.africancolours.net...

A typical Arab:
magazine.uchicago.edu...

Notice anything different?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Well ... where is it?

Story here - one of many

It seems that Obama won't release his birth certificate. He doesn't HAVE have it released, but it's been asked for. McCain released his birth certificate to show that he's indeed an American citizen. So why hasn't the Obama camp released his? What's the big deal with not wanting to show it? MANY times a potential POTUS (and their spouse) release more info than is required. (like Cindy McCain releasing her separate tax records)

Astrologers want to know!
They can't do a reading until they know the time of birth!

Some states had places on the certificate to list the religion of the child.
hmmmmmm ..... Wonder what it could be?

I smell ... CONSPIRACY!!

Well Obama ... release your birth certificate please.

BTW .. we are all still waiting for John Kerry to fully release his military records for the 2004 presidential run. Guess Obama could be pulling another 'Kerry', eh?

Fair enough flyersfan, in all fairness I believe that if anybody wishes to become president they have to release such information to the public, lets hope he does so. Bare in mind though he was born in Hawaii, an american state, and his mother was american so by all means he is an american.

In reply to your "John Kerry" statment, theres plenty of chickenhawks in the republican party, ya know, the ones who wish to continue on with this war? Just thought Id remind you, people tend to forget.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Maybe because he knows there's so much ignorance and racism out there,

Irrelevant.

The POTUS is supposed to be an American born citizen.
The POTUS is supposed to be chosen by the American people.
The American people have a right to know EVERYTHING about their POTUS.

If the American people vote against someone due to them having 'muslim' checked off on their birth certificate ... so be it. That's their right.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Oh, by the way, Kenya does not allow dual citizenship.

Under the Independence Constitution of Kenya, Obama became a Kenyan citizen on December 12, 1963. He has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. Also - Indonesian (Jakarta) school records list him as a citizen of Indonesia. So technically he might be a tri-citizen (is that even a word?) USA/Kenyan/Indonesian.

You think Democrats are starting these rumors?

As far as I know, it's not a rumor that he is refusing to release his birth certificate.

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Flyersfan, ... Do you think this information could have already been known by the Clinton and McCain campaigns?

No. If Clinton had it, it would have been played already. (assuming that there is something on it that he doesn't want to be seen - which is one of the reasons why people think he hasn't released it).

Originally posted by azzllin
You really think, after years and years of living and sleeping the political world, Obama would get caught out by something like this?

azzlin - he's INEXPERIENCED. He's a babe in the woods. He's never been vetted in a real national campaign. Heck .. the campaign for him to be a senator was pathetic and it was handed to him as well (the GOP put up Alan Keyes against him ..
) So YES .. I very much DO think that he could get nailed by something this small. It's usually the small things that the guys with the big egos forget about.

OBAMA is making this a big deal. If he'd just release the certificate then people would see it and this would be over.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

To the public? He's under no obligation to.

As I stated .. he doesn't HAVE to. But the public wants to see it.
The VOTING public wants to see it. He doesnt' have to show it,
but that'll be his loss on election day.

A politician who refuses to disclose information. So much for 'change'.

His birth Certificate is sited here so someone is his campaign has seen it.

and if someone in the Bush campaign said - 'oh don't worry, we've seen his military records. He served his entire time the National Guard and didn't miss any duty' ... you'd believe that person in the Bush campaign, right?

Sorry, BH. Campaign workers are NOT the American voting public.
(well .. they vote .. but you know what I mean)

Originally posted by Shar
If obsama birth certificate is not known about how did he get as far as he has?

He's never really been vetted before. His campaign to get into the senate was a farse. He had a free and clear run. The GOP moved Alan Keyes in from out of state to run against him. I think Keyes got 10% of the vote or something like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It's not about citizenship!! It's about being born in the US (or as a US native). They are not the same!

Not only that ... but different people want to see it for many different reasons.

- American citizenship.
- Where was he born.
- What is his legal birth name (was it really Barack or was it Barry?)
- What religion was checked off on the birth certificate
- considering the lies he's told - who is his father on his certificate?
- the time of birth (astrologers want to know that for their charts).

It's not that much to ask for. No one understands the fuss Barry is putting up. Unless he's trying to hide something? That’s what people will start to think.

Originally posted by projectvxn
.His father is from Kenya. Kenya is in Africa, Kenya is almost ENTIRELY black. Arabic people...Live in Arab areas. Like...Saudi Arabia. These people are not black.

Neither is Obama.
Obama has Arab slave traders as his ancestors.
Read between the lines
Obama is an Arab American

The Washington Post has an article that tells a bit about how Obama likes to change personal facts to suit the situation. Political Gateway discusses the lies personal history lies Obama has told about ‘selma’ and ‘grandpa’. And of course there’s the ‘grandma’ lie. He said that his grandmother has always been a Christian. People were asking about his fathers-mother. The one that is muslim and that was one of 14 wives. But when confronted with that fact, Obama now says he was talking about his mothers-mother. The other grandmother. Huffington Post has a link to a video of Obama’s grandmother being interviewed on Al-Jazzera.

Considering all the mucking around Obama has done with his answers, it is understandable why many American people want to see the birth certificate. They are NOT going to take the word of one of his campaign workers. Definitely not.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
... people who look at the mute points like his fathers religion or race...

It's not that his father's religion or his race are all out important factors, it's the implication that he may not be telling the truth in the first place...which is not a moot point.

Look, it is Barak Obama who has chosen to run this race as a black man instead of simply "a man" so forgive the American public for falling in behind him and continuing the discussion. He isn't the first black man to make a go at the Presidency ....although the MSM didn't seem to get so upset when Alan Keyes fell by the wayside (and yes, I realize he never got the GOP nomination). Don't see folks from across the pond all up in arms because he isn't our next president...Hmmmm, wonder why? He's black so shouldn't everyone vote for him?

As far as him being under the microscope, it seems everytime a specimen is placed there we end up with more questions than answers (and boy is that an understatement).

I have an idea, and there is no sarcasm present here at all so please don't take it that way, maybe the Obama supporters could start a new thread and post clear, concise points that make a case as to why he should be President. That would be cool. Real points though - we ALL know that he will bring "change" ....OK, maybe that was a little sarcastic

People should be focusing on him, the way he talks, the way he walks, the way he looks you in the eye and TELLS you what he thinks.

Cmon, any good politician can look you in the eye and lie like a rug. Proof of nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Obama isn't obligated to provide the American public with any information he doesn't want to. He's still an American citizen, or have you all forgotten what that means? The man has a right to privacy, and if that means all the little hens gather around and gossip about his decision, so be it. I couldn't care less about his religion or his real name, if I decide he's the right man for the job such trivial matters aren't going to affect my decision, and they shouldn't affect your's.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I thought to run for the presidency that you had to born in America. So wouldn't you have to show your birth certificate to prove that. I find it really strange that he wouldn't release it. What can it really hurt for him to release it?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
I thought to run for the presidency that you had to born in America.

The Constitution

If you're going to be involved in government in the United States, citizenship is a must. To be a Senator or Representative, you must be a citizen of the United States. To be President, not only must you be a citizen, but you must also be natural-born.
Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

EVEN IF Barack was born in Kenya, he is still a natural-born US Citizen.

Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years.
Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President.

Barack Obama's mother was a citizen of the US regardless where she was when Barry was born.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its strange that he will not release something as simple as a birth certificate...

I cant imagine why....

...unless he has something to hid...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't necessarily 100% trust Wikipedia but here is the link discussing citizenship vs natural-born citizenship - there is apparently a difference and it appears this still isn't a resolved issue....

en.wikipedia.org...

...and, if accurate, this little snippet from the arcticle would seem to make the information regarding his father a pertinent issue....

Persons born in the United States, and persons born on foreign soil to two U.S. parents, are born American citizens and are classified as citizens at birth under 8 USC 1401.

Honestly, I don't see why people are so up in arms because someone simply wants to see the formal birth certificate. All it would do is strengthen the campaign for Obama if everything is indeed in order......

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wish people would post more meaningful things other than trying to attempt to attack someone for a birth certificate.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kranil

A man/woman, who will, in a willing manner, make "little" changes in his/her history, to suit his/her needs, should prolly be a lawyer, but not the President of the United States.

BTW the term POTUS, seems to be sooo insensitive. Everytime I hear it, I think of a large brown fetid, chubby, brown thing floating in the crapper...

"Man after the Tacos and cheap beer for dinner last night, I cut a creamy brown, morally and psychically offensive, slightly 7 pound POTUS!"...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
he coulda been born on mars. but he still would be an american. as long as his mom is american, hes american too, regardles where he was born.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I seen the pics of the birth records and the parents records were found in an old abby in scotland...well actual the priest stored the papers at his home..odd huh. The look crappy and old but thats bout it. Do not judge...expose truth and forgive knowing the evil but not emulating it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to the United State Senate website (even though this page says "obama" in the url, it's still the senate.gov site, and is linked to from www.senate.gov):

Barack Obama was born on August 4th, 1961, in Hawaii to Barack Obama, Sr. and Ann Dunham.

Source

Is the official Senate's website lying? I don't know if it is or isn't with absolute certainty of course (I didn't make the website and haven't seen the man's birth records first hand), but that's what it says about the man.

That was fact. This is opinion: I think any U.S. citizen in good standing with the law should be able to run for public office and that the law that says otherwise should be changed, regardless.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join