It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving you're a time-traveler may be difficult

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by careface
Am I missing something here?

What is preventing you from buying a sports/farmers/wall street almanac for the year you're going to and taking it with you?

Like back to the future!

Sports magazine.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Well I don't know about proof, but I think I'd travel back in time and tell myself not to read this thread. Because I am evidently depressingly old.

Though honestly if it were me and I were traveling back through time...if I didn't have an agenda I would just live a very quiet life betting on events I already knew the outcome of.

I'm gonna go search now... I remember there was some guy that claimed to be from the future and did just that, and got busted! I believe there was an ats thread about it years ago...

EDIT: Found it!

POSSIBLE EXPLAINATIONS?

Poor fool!

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies so far!

As far as "bringing something back" I suppose I should have been more specific. The repeatedly banned member who kept coming back trying to claim that they were from the future and needed help, had supposedly been sent back in time suddenly and accidentally. In one thread they claimed that it happened while they were sleeping. So, let's run with that.

Like Terminator, you can't bring anything back with you. And even better yet, it happens unexpectedly. Marooned in time perhaps.

No rule here though really. Just some framework from my perspective, but feel free to add your own spice and scenarios here. Maybe we can create our own little multiverse of time-travel conspiracy, a spider web. Let's go crazy, like unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting. Oh flashback!

After his first full-length film, this character went on to start a truly disturbing children's daytime television show which begain airing in September of 1986...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would love to be able to time travel, just to mess with everyones heads.

When JFK was taken out you'd see me in the background of the Zepruder film, waving.

When Hinckley tried to take out Reagan, I'd be in all the film footage. Waving.

When Martin Luther King marched in Selma, I'd be right beside him....waving.

If it was a recordable event, I'd be there.

That's probably why people such as myself aren't allowed to time travel.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Or how about in a picture from the Great War, in the trenches, like in this movie...

Which now ties us into a very bizarre thread of mine that I have not looked at for some time, but also touches on this movie and time-travel.

If you want to really scramble your head, check this out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Actually, Your money will be in the bank. When you return from your time travel trip. Even though, the money is in the bank, since you had put it the bank, sometime in the past. You don't even know. what bank, it is in, or the account number you use. Only when you return, is when you will know which bank, and the account number. You go straight to the bank, and find out. That you have more money in the bank. Then you had put in there, in the first place.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Thanks for all the replies so far!

As far as "bringing something back" I suppose I should have been more specific. The repeatedly banned member who kept coming back trying to claim that they were from the future and needed help, had supposedly been sent back in time suddenly and accidentally. In one thread they claimed that it happened while they were sleeping. So, let's run with that.

Like Terminator, you can't bring anything back with you. And even better yet, it happens unexpectedly. Marooned in time perhaps.

No rule here though really. Just some framework from my perspective, but feel free to add your own spice and scenarios here. Maybe we can create our own little multiverse of time-travel conspiracy, a spider web. Let's go crazy, like unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting. Oh flashback!

After his first full-length film, this character went on to start a truly disturbing children's daytime television show which begain airing in September of 1986...

How do you know, if you can't take anything back in time? Have you travel through time? You will have to travel through time, to know, if you can take anything back in time with you. Otherwise, you are naked. Which in case. You don't have no way to return back to your own time. Beside, You don't transport through time. That is dangerous and deadly.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

Tryin to catch me ridin' dirty in the time machine?

I actually did remember that Pee-Wee's playhouse came out in the Fall of '86, after Pee-Wee had his Big Adventure. I can still quote movie lines.

"Everyone I know has a big BUT."

"Mr Herman, paging Mr. Herman. You have a telephone call at the front desk."

"There's no basement at the Alamo!"

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This was from 1986 ahhh the memories.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join