It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You don't like either candidate you say? Neither do I...no intelligent person would. I just like to see even bashing on all sides.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

OK, Cap'n! We can bash 'em both, but maybe a new thread?? I have no idea how to start one, I'll leave it to you. I'll come visit.

I am not, by the way, being facetious nor sarcastic. I actually do not know how to begin my own thread!! I'd love to get points, of course....but at this stage, why bother?

However, just in case nothing gets started...if I had to take the choice between Castor Oil (McCain) or eating a bug (Obama)....I think I'd eat a bug, as long as I got paid for it. Because, we all know what Castor Oil does to you....

McInsane/McBush said something the other day that was so crazy, and disjointed.....and completely different from what he used to say....

AND they called Kerry a "flip-flopper"!!!!

I'm not good at linking.....(hint)....Keith Olbermann mentioned it on his recent show, it's on YouTube. "Special Comment" segment.

edited to add....Olbermann's show from June 12....

[edit on 6/13/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Here's the link to that youtube video...a very good one if i do say myself:
Keith Olberman Speciall Comment on McCain Part 1

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
On the topic of teleprompters, let's see McCain:

Really, some people listen to BillO and Rush waaay to much. These sensationalist hacks do NOT have your best interests at heart.

When these ridiculous talking points pop up on this site multiple times as soon as the screaming heads spew them out over the airwaves, we have to wonder: who is really denying ignorance around here?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by flashback]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by flashback]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

What''s funny is that McCain can't even talk when he *HAS* a teleprompter.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Is it not possible that he was being heckled? A heckler doesn't necessarily have to be ragging on you, a heckler is simply someone who keeps yelling and interrupting you when you have the floor.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a friend who's working for Obama (or not working for Obama, as it's a volunteer position, and Obama has made it clear he doesn't consider non-paid staffers "working" for him). I recall a few weeks ago when he was soooo excited because there was a speech Obama had given that he himself wrote. Apparently it was the first time a president wrote his own speech since Richard Nixon! It represented, to my friend, a return to "old school" politics and was more proof that Barack Obama was the candidate of choice.

Where have we come to, in America, where we celebrate a guy writing ONE speech. I understand it breaks precedent in contemporary politics, but instead of backslapping one man who does things differently one time shouldn't we be saying "that's not good enough" and demand a more hands on approach when it comes to speechwriting?

That's personally the number one reason I can't get into anything a politician says. Everybody sounds good when other people spend days writing and rewriting a carefully crafted speech. They all smack of standards and technical satisfaction. They never say anything honest. Nothing a president or presidential candidate has uttered hasn't been puzzled over by at least three other men. I don't want a president's opinion after his highly qualified and overeducated aides help him choose every word. I want his opinion and ONLY his opinion.

Sorry if this is off topic. Good thread!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”

George W. Bush, American 43rd US President since 2001.

May 24, 2005 speaking at the “Social Security Conversation in New York”

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
why u guys giving him a hard time i bet u would forget to if u had to stand in front of all those people and give a speech

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Your candidate Hillary "storytelling" Clinton has lost already! So it does not do any good to make propaganda for her.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Do you guys feel special when you state what party your involved with....honestly I think it's stupid to conform politically.... The guy at the voter registration booth outside the local Supermarket asked me if I wanted to "join" the republican party...I asked him "why?" he then went on giving a long boring speech about their views this and that...but then I told him their is no party out there that are even near my "views" so I registered but I asked him what was closest thing to a "non-conformist" he said well "Decline to state" so I suppose thats where I stand politically "Decline to State." lol...

Obama seems like a good guy, being in the Navy I wouldn't want that POW idiot of a pilot McCain to win.

( I hope I didn't offend anyone ...it was not my intention
)

Best Regards,
Richie

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by jimmyx
apparently he talks here without a teleprompter or notes, and does so quite affectively.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Katie gave him some difficult hard hitting questions.....NOT!

You do realize in most of these interviews the questions are known before hand so they have time to prepare.

and your 2nd clip, at the end, shows Obama saying that he hasn't had much sleep in the last 48 hrs...gee...maybe that did have something to do with him stumbling and stammering a bit.

Umm...no.
Gee, perhaps that was just an excuse in order to hide his inability to speak when he must think for himself.

do you work for FOX news?

Do you work for any of the other liberal media?

Pull your head out the sand man!

It sounds to as if you are trying to just smear Obama, with the kind of campaigning he's been doing i wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't had much sleep, and believe me i've been 48 hours without sleep and it isn't easy to keep yourself together without that much sleep, as everyone should know.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Obama is such a fake. It's very transparent.
I will concede that he is articulate when reading from a prepared speech, however he is not the brightest bulb in the package when thinking on the fly.

Boy, it just continues......

With everything from him saying the U.S. has 57 States to recently when he stated as President he would fight the terrorists for the next 8 to 10 years......WHAT????........8-10 years???
The last time I looked at the Constitution he can only serve for a maximum of 8 years.

Here is the video. Skip to 8:00 into the interview to get to the part in question.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join