It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by TruthWithin

your right, truthwithin, desperation has set in for "camp right-wing", and i now will start a pool, on when the "N" word is going to "accidently" slip out by one of their talking heads, and in what medium...any takers?

This statement of your proves how misguided and brainwashed you really are. You need to stop listening and visiting to liberal propaganda.

Again, those who lean to the right are really glad Obama is the nominee considering all his baggage. It's everything from his gaffes to his relationship with people who are scary and of course his damaging politics.

since this is just your opinion, you better just stick to the facts.....sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
I get sick of people trying to belittle other people for the way they speak.

Actually, I agree.
The point is that the left and liberals always use this to point out that Bush is an idiot. I guess they can dish it but cannot take it.

I'm not for or against Obama.

Well, then it's time for you to take a stand.

I just can't stand people who attack others without legitimate cause.

Well, his relationships with terrorists and people who hate America is a legitimate issue along with his damaging political views.

Plus, do you think that he just got lucky with his advanced degrees?

Again, I am just dishing it and the left and liberals cannot take it because the same can be said about Bush who they always call an idiot.

Bush has a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School. Did he get lucky also?

Just asking because if you don't have the same level of education as Obama and you are calling HIM an idiot.......

There is your problem. You are judging a persons intelligence on their level of education. The two are not releated. Bood smart does not mean you cannot be an idiot.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He says he will continue to give big oil the tax breaks and even increase the ones they currently have.
Even though they are raking in record breaking profits year in and year out. Okay, there are some facts.

Am I supposed to take your word for it or will you provide a link?
If true, so what?
Do you know how business works? Apparently not. You should really try and learn on your own before spewing liberal propaganda.

Look, big companies don't pay taxes because they pass them on to the consumer via the price of the whatever product they produce. So if you take the tax breaks away from big oil, guess what, they will pass that tax to you as an increase in gasoline. Is this what you want? Do you want higher gasoline prices?
You do realize 'big oil' only makes 8 cents per gallon of gas right? Is that excessive? Of course not. They make their profit from quantity of product and not price.

This is not a thread about McCain or about me teaching you the basics of the economy so please try and stay of topic. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

WT...just a question....do you actually support McInsane? or is it McBush?

Do want that idiot, or some other idiot as the next Prez?

To tell the truth, I don't like either of them, Obama nor the McCain.

But, you have to admit, they both have stunning wives. Maybe that's why the powers that be put them up for adoption, in the 2008 "election"....because Bill Clinton looks really bad in a dress. Although, he can do a pantsuit pretty well....

[edit on 6/10/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

since this is just your opinion, you better just stick to the facts.....sound familiar?

Sorry, I guess you don't know the difference between the two because it is definitely proven and documented fact. There really is no contention of this point.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
WT...just a question....do you actually support McInsane?

He is better than Obamanic who is a Obamacrat which only breeds Obamabots or Obamabrats.

Seriously, I would never ever vote for an extreme liberal like Obama. While I disagree with McCain on several issues, he is still better than my other choice. I will hold my nose as I vote for McCain.

Do want that idiot, or some other idiot as the next Prez?

Who? Obama? Of course I don't want that idiot as the next Prez.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

can you show me any normal american that has said they "hate america", i mean really!!! used those exact words!! why do you people on the right continue to use this line? you have now convinced me that you don't give a damn about the middle class or poor of this country. lets just put all the liberals in the FEMA camps right?!! let's just cut all the taxes of those glorious and wonderful corporations, right?!! and quit whining about any type of liberal rights. i've got the U.S. bill of rights in my drawer and that is one hell of a liberal document, of which many of those rights has been done away with by the the right-wing leaders of the last 8 years. and HABEUS CORPUS, a foundation of civilized society for the last 600 years!!
done away with by this right-wing administration. it is clear that YOU SIR, AND THE REST OF YOUR FLAG WAVING BUDDIES ARE THE ONE'S THAT HATE AMERICA!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Again, I am just dishing it and the left and liberals cannot take it because the same can be said about Bush who they always call an idiot.

Bush has a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School. Did he get lucky also?

Just asking because if you don't have the same level of education as Obama and you are calling HIM an idiot.......

There is your problem. You are judging a persons intelligence on their level of education. The two are not releated. Bood smart does not mean you cannot be an idiot.

I hear your point and I have actually made that point on Bush's degrees many times. This guy speaks like an idiot but he is far from it. I fear what he has done and is continuing to do to this country and this world. I voted for him twice and I regret it now that I have actually decided to really research everything he has said and done.

And no, I was not judging anyone's intelligence. I was simply trying to make the point that calling Obama an idiot was not quite a smart thing to do. Closer that it was an 'idiotic' thing to say about him.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Come on Jimmy, you know that it is the current push by the Republican extreme right. Even though I do not really consider Bush to be that far right I can see it more and more.

They now throw at anyone who questions them or the actions of the Republican party that they are 'haters of America' and so on. It's a joke and desparate attempt on their part really. What is funny is that I believe that we actually LOVE America more than they do because their party's actions are killing the very document that this country was founded on. Conservatism is good to an extent but you need to have some liberalism mixed in to keep it sane. A good balance is what is needed yet we see it more and more that you are either labled as extreme one way or the other.

So, because I questioned this administration on 911 and the reason we were in Iraq I hate America. That is straight from our fearful leaders mouth. It's his new campaign. He is saying that democrats and others against him are for terrorism. That we want to wait for another attack before we do anything. Yet, as was pointed out by a very vocal newscaster, this is simply not true. No one has stated that they would prefer to do nothing. Just that the policy of this administration is NOT the way to go about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

can you show me any normal american that has said they "hate america", i mean really!!! used those exact words!! why do you people on the right continue to use this line?

That's the point man!
Obama did not have normal Americans for friends. For twenty years Obama said that Wright was his spiritual mentor and the pastor who married him and baptised his children. The same goes for the other so called preacher Pfleger. Plus we have his associations with the known terrorist William Ayers who bombed the Pentagon.
It's all about judgement and his judgement is seriously flawed.

you have now convinced me that you don't give a damn about the middle class or poor of this country.

How is that?
Because I don't like or trust Obama? Please, that is just a ridiculous statement.

it is clear that YOU SIR, AND THE REST OF YOUR FLAG WAVING BUDDIES ARE THE ONE'S THAT HATE AMERICA!!!!

Okay, now you are throwing a temper tantrum. If by hate you mean we are looking out for Americas best interest by upholding the constitution then yes, you are correct.

Please stop spewing obvious liberal propaganda.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A GWB quote...."Well, if this was a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...heh, heh, heh, as long as I'm the dictator!"

heh, heh, heh.....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Okay, here are some important figures:
Of course, you can tear apart the site because it is obviously liberal leaning but the facts are from solid sources. I'll post more links after this one.

Big oil contributors to McCain

The following can again be verified if you simply research his voting record on these accounts.

McCain's record on energy

Big breaks for big oil

I did my part. You can do the rest of the research. It's all over the place. Just look at his record for voting. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
A GWB quote...."Well, if this was a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...heh, heh, heh, as long as I'm the dictator!"

Yeah, jokes are supposed to be funny. What's your point?
If you are taking this seriously then please provide the link which shows him saying this because anyone can make-up quotes.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

OK, WT.....I just saw it on YouTube....give me a sec, I'm not good at linking yet......

Darn, I'm really bad at this. Go to YouTube, click on the address above....or, let's see if this works...

www.youtube.com/v/2YSk0boctpI&hl=en

www.youtube.com...&hl

Finally got it. The good part is at the end....but enjoy the "Faux and Fiends" bit as well!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Actually, it's in a video link somewhere. I saw it myself with my own eyes. It was during an interview. I could search but you see, you are asking for us to do all of the research while you sit back and request it. What I am saying is this, if you follow the republican party blindly and want to believe everything they say as gospel then it is your choice. Yes, the burden of proof has to fall on us but you have to take some of the burden on yourself once we provide at least a little bit.

Research my friend. It's all out there. Just don't fall into the trap that many here unfortunately do. Believing everything they find. I have found some extraordinary stories about the Bush family to say the least. hehe

Do I believe all of them? Hell no. Do I believe that they have participated in criminal acts? Yes. The PROOF has just been released by the congressional hearings last Thursday. Lying to get us into a war is a criminal act. Especially when your family and your business associates make a massive amount of profit. It's call war profiteering and it has plagued virtually every large nation in history.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Okay, here are some important figures:
Of course, you can tear apart the site because it is obviously liberal leaning but the facts are from solid sources.

I'm not sure about those 'solid sources' but it cuts both ways.
Here you go:

Obama takes oil money

Another Obama oil link

So what is your point?

Now, on the issue of tax breaks for the oil companies:
So what?
Do you know how the economy or business works? Apparently not.

Answer me this one simple question: How will raising the taxes on 'big oil' reduce the price of gasoline?

It will not. It will have the opposite effect.
Just think about it for a moment before spewing the liberal talking points.
Huge companies do not pay taxes because they pass the added costs to the consumer of their product. Therefore, if you remove the tax breaks or add additional taxes, 'big oil' will only pass their added costs to us, the consumer resulting in higher gas prices. Do you get it yet?

Secondly, 'big oil' only makes like 8 cents per gallon. Is that excessive? Of course not. They do everything from drilling for the oil, refining the oil and transporting the gas for us to use. The government makes more on taxes than big oil does in profit and the government does nothing. You need to focus your attention away from big oil and look toward your liberal friends and ask them why they don't want us to drill for our own oil.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

i know and hear what you are saying, i just get tired of the right wing making statements that consistantly try and divide us, a common political 101 classroom tactic, that democrats poo-poo away as if to say "people can't possibly buy into this", but...people do, it has been effective in the past, and they will use it in the future...and it's about time that democrats quit playing defense, put on some steel-toed boots, and go kick some right-wing ass, because that's all they understand, apparently. reason, logic, and compassion have left the republican train station, and has been replaced by fear, intolerance, diviciveness and a lack of moral charecter.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Actually, it's in a video link somewhere. I saw it myself with my own eyes. It was during an interview. I could search but you see, you are asking for us to do all of the research while you sit back and request it.

Well that is how it works. If you are going to make an accusation, you need to provide proof because your word is not good enough.
Otherwise, anyone could post anything and claim it's true.

What I am saying is this, if you follow the republican party blindly

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about because I'm a Conservative and NOT a Republican. There is a huge difference.

Research my friend. It's all out there.

Yes it is and you should learn how to do it on your own instead of getting it from extreme liberal sites. Do some actual research on your own and you might actually learn something instead of being brainwashed by the liberal propaganda.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

people who are scary? wow...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reason, logic, and compassion have left the republican train station, and has been replaced by fear, intolerance, diviciveness and a lack of moral charecter.

You are truely blind or looking through some sort of 'colored glasses' if you believe that rubbish. The Democrats wrote the book on fear, intolerance and lack of moral character. The truth is both parties use the same exact tactics which is why you need to think and do some research on your own and stop letting the liberal propaganda do the thinking for you.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join