It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich motions to Impeach Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
Impeachment is NOT ENOUGH.

We (the world) wants WAR CRIMES against those that LEAD and PARTICIPATED in crimes against humanity.

Bush, Cheney and his crony and also THE SOLDIERS, and not just Americans, also their ALLIES and their leaders and soldiers who SUPPORTED this crime.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

No it is NOT. But it's a start and vitally necessary to heal this country. People talk about anarchy, right? And the connotation is anarchy of the "little" people. Well we're in the midst of anarchy here and have been since this administration took the helm.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by sos37
The timing of this impeachment should raise all sorts of bells and alarms for people. Of course the Bush-haters will come out applauding and saying "about time!" like the mindless sheep they are.

Instead, I submit the following:
* Why wasn't this done in 2005 after Bush admitted the Iraq pre-war intelligence was flawed?
* Why wasn't this done in 2004 when the 9/11 Commission released its final report?
* Why wasn't this done when the Iraqi government was shown to not be meeting their benchmarks?
* Why wasn't this done at anytime other than now during the current administration?

I'll tell you why - because the Democratic party wants to play on the people's emotions. Nevermind that people have had their minds made up about Bush for years now, but the Democrats want to open old wounds and make you mad ALL OVER AGAIN for the SAME OLD CRAP they've been saying all along in an effort to SWING THE VOTE, particularly the votes of Republicans who are on the fence about John McCain.

Sorry, Kucinich and all you other Liberal monkeys, some of us see this farce for what it is. The rest of you sheep go right ahead on bleating.

there is nothing to do with the timing here or political games. this is the right thing to do. period. as are the following steps.

You cannot ignore the timing in this case. What would good does it do to start the impeachment process now? Bush will be out of office by the time any conclusions are drawn. If impeachment was the true goal, seems like one of the timelines I pointed out in that previous post would have made more sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by centurion1211

Tit for tat?

Are you being serious here or facetious?

I'm being totally serious. I see this as the start, or at least a very serious escalation, of a partisan war in this country. One that will bring it to a standstill as each party does nothing else but try to get even on the other party's latest elected official.

ah maybe i misunderstood. that war started long ago...before clinton. it has simply escalated in the past 8 years, almost to a level of civil war, imo. i say the parties must go altogether (a GREAT place to start real reform), be disbanded, and we should not rest until we have at minimum 6 or 8 to take their place to represent the true diversity of this nation.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You cannot ignore the timing in this case. What would good does it do to start the impeachment process now? Bush will be out of office by the time any conclusions are drawn. If impeachment was the true goal, seems like one of the timelines I pointed out in that previous post would have made more sense.
picking on the timing always seems to be the first line of defense. how about focusing on the articles of impeachment instead and arguing their merits?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew5012
This is great news but why has it taken this long for him to bring this to the table? Bush is about to leave office.

Whats the next stage in the process just as a matter of interest?

sigh. he's tried before. so have others. there was always one excuse after another and our brain-dead and paralyzed congress let the people down time and time again. and frankly? i don't care what the timing is or how short a time is left or if they are or are not doing it to get a dem elected. whatever helps impeach this bunch of crooks is fine by me.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Equating sexual misconduct with war crimes...hmm...doesn't make a whit of sense.

I believe Congressman Kucinich is a self serving politician (who has a really hot wife)(what is that about??). I believe this will go absolutely nowhere. However I am glad he did it because the truth should at least be read into the record.

Perhaps one of our European allies will arrest and hold Bush on his farewell tour...that would be fantastic!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
dennis is a full of crap nutcase

this goes beyond and he is suck a sore looser

impeach bush for what keeping america safe, being honest about the weapons and intelignece? for outing that twit of a cia bs girl who wasnt under cover and sent her hubby on a job for the vice president.

now valerie and joe wilson should be in prison!!!

I mean no harm, it makes me sad if this is a true statement. We deserve better than lies. All of us. Please do not get sucked down with this tyranny, we know better than that!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is what kills me. I LIVE in Ohio and had to find out about this through the site. No news station has carried this information and no real newspapers (online). I will look in the local papers tomorrow. I doubt I will see it. It's not going to go anywhere. I think that the 'criminal war crimes' should be set up for when these people leave the White House. We can't really take them to trial while they are still in office but we sure can afterwards.

Why is it that Cheney will be the first VP in history to have the Secret Service provide protection for a time after he leaves office? Because HE KNOWS what he has done and he KNOWS that the gig is up. He is running scared right now and I would be surprised to see him make it to the end of the term. Not assassination or anything stupid like that but because of health issues and plain old stress.

I'm not saying I am hoping for that either. Just that I feel it is a very real possibility.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
HAVE YOUR VOTE COUNTED in thi poll!

Do you think Bush should be impeached, take this poll from MSNBC and help drive the numbers for impeachment sky high!!!

Do You Believe President Bush's Actions Justify Impeachment?

Right now the poll shows 89% have voted to impeach Bush, don't know the actual numbers though.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

wow 600,000 responses with 89% saying yes. what say you now democrats why wont you support kucinich? oh yeah thats right you are a bunch of lobbiest loving whores just like the republicans...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Way too little and way too late!

After seven years of wrong doing by all the neo-conservative facist imperialists Mr. Kucinoch was the only person, democrat or republican, to see problems with the current administration. Assumming we have a bi-partisan political system why didn't the other democrats raise an eyebrow? In fact I bet they still don't care a dime and they will drop the impeachment hearing before it even starts.

And why chase only "president bush"? Why not Cheny, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and the rest of the gang? Was it a case of there not being enough evidence or more a case of cowardly apathy? So many questions yet so few answers. And where is the mainstream media when we need them? (SIGH) I guess their a bit too busy brainwashing us folks about "how dangerous Iran is".

If these articles are legit and can be proved by all means go ahead. If not just drop the case and lets hope the rest of 2008 goes through without any other major incidents. Forcing the issue at the eleventh hour may actually damage the democratic party and the nation. Not sure, just saying....!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
dennis is a full of crap nutcase

this goes beyond and he is suck a sore looser

impeach bush for what keeping america safe, being honest about the weapons and intelignece? for outing that twit of a cia bs girl who wasnt under cover and sent her hubby on a job for the vice president.

now valerie and joe wilson should be in prison!!!

I have rarely seen such misinformed babble before in my life. Every single point you have made here is not only sadly misinformed but totally wrong. Dude, I was in the Army too (if I can go off of your alias there). I was brainwashed for a while as well. If you truly believe what you have just said then you may want to turn on the news. Then again, the bulk of that is BS now as well. You need to wake up my friend. Thank God that I did.

How has he kept us safe? Seriously. By attacking other countries without just cause? By inciting the hatred of these people or actually making people that liked or didn't give a damn about us to hate us? Yup, that's one way to make us safer. Create millions upon millions of enemies.

Good luck in your life my friend. I just hope you wake up before it is too late.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Call Congress up and tell them to uphold the Constitution and support the impeachment of Bush. Here is an updated list of their phone numbers.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How has he kept us safe? Seriously. By attacking other countries without just cause? By inciting the hatred of these people or actually making people that liked or didn't give a damn about us to hate us?

How about creating the Office of Homeland Security after the 9/11 attacks? One could argue that it's because of the efforts of this office in conjunction with localized law enforcement that there have been no further terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

In fact you want a list of thwarted attacks?

• May 2002, Jose Padilla: American citizen accused of seeking "dirty bomb," convicted of conspiracy.

• September 2002, Lackawanna Six: American citizens of Yemeni origin convicted of supporting Al Qaeda. Five of six were from Lackawanna, N.Y.

• May 2003, Iyman Faris: American citizen charged with trying to topple the Brooklyn Bridge.

• June 2003, Virginia Jihad Network: Eleven men from Alexandria, Va., trained for jihad against American soldiers, convicted of violating the Neutrality Act, conspiracy.

• August 2004, Dhiren Barot: Indian-born leader of terror cell plotted bombings on financial centers (see additional images).

• August 2004, James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj: Sought to plant bomb at New York's Penn Station during the Republican National Convention.

• August 2004, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain: Plotted to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat on American soil.

• June 2005, Father and son Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat: Son convicted of attending terrorist training camp in Pakistan; father convicted of customs violation.

• August 2005, Kevin James, Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson and Hammad Riaz Samana: Los Angeles homegrown terrorists who plotted to attack National Guard, LAX, two synagogues and Israeli consulate.

• December 2005, Michael Reynolds: Plotted to blow up refinery in Wyoming, convicted of providing material support to terrorists.

• February 2006, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi and Zand Wassim Mazloum: Accused of providing material support to terrorists, making bombs for use in Iraq.

• April 2006, Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee: Cased and videotaped the Capitol and World Bank for a terrorist organization.

• June 2006, Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine: Accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower.

• July 2006, Assem Hammoud: Accused of plotting to hit New York City train tunnels.

• August 2006, Liquid Explosives Plot: Thwarted plot to explode ten airliners over the United States.

• May 2007, Fort Dix Plot: Six men accused of plotting to attack Fort Dix Army base in New Jersey.

• June 2007, JFK Plot: Four men accused of plotting to blow up fuel arteries underneath JFK Airport in New York.

• March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

So what was that you were saying?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Were all those stifled by DHS? And wouldn't the FBI be just as capable of handling this without having to create another government org?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Since we have "homeland security" does that mean we can go around the world bullying everyone that does not agree with american foreign policy and hope terrorists either get caught at the gate or love america so much that they never join?

Seriously, one has to wonder about the greater aspirations of neo-conservative policy makers. You see the government has to be right all the time while a few rag-tag terrorists only have to be right once. You can never expect to catch them all and security is never foolproof. Just ask the Israelis.

The best solution is change foreign policy before terrorism gets out of control. Talk with the syrians, iranians, iraqis, north koreans, burmesse. Talk with everyone. Use dimplomacy first, ask questions and if worst comes to worst then go to war. Sometimes war is unavoidable but shooting first and asking questions later is STUPID and that is why we are in this mess to begin with. The iraqi war was certainly uncalled for and greatly destabilized the middle east as well as causing the financial crisis we are now facing.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OK, maybe impeachment is a little too late, but I honestly believe this administration should be made into an example. They should be arrested, tried, and sent to the slammer. We need to let the future generations see that we put up with this type of politics for a while, but then one day we put a stop to it. We need to let the future America know that the past 7+ years will never be repeated again. We won't allow it.

I know, I know. All wishful thinking. Someone who made money off of the war will come along and scream "liberal", then someone who could only nod when Bush was speaking will come along and yell "gay" and we will forget all about the lying, cheating, anti-American presidential administration.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
reply to post by sos37

Were all those stifled by DHS? And wouldn't the FBI be just as capable of handling this without having to create another government org?

It's a list of known terror plots thwarted BY the U.S. Government. I'm sure some were the direct result of DHS, though I'm not exactly sure which ones. I'm sure some of the attacks, possibly others that weren't listed on here, were also stopped by information our government retrieved from prisoners at Guantanamo.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by sos37

Since we have "homeland security" does that mean we can go around the world bullying everyone that does not agree with american foreign policy and hope terrorists either get caught at the gate or love america so much that they never join?

Seriously, one has to wonder about the greater aspirations of neo-conservative policy makers. You see the government has to be right all the time while a few rag-tag terrorists only have to be right once. You can never expect to catch them all and security is never foolproof. Just ask the Israelis.

The best solution is change foreign policy before terrorism gets out of control. Talk with the syrians, iranians, iraqis, north koreans, burmesse. Talk with everyone. Use dimplomacy first, ask questions and if worst comes to worst then go to war. Sometimes war is unavoidable but shooting first and asking questions later is STUPID and that is why we are in this mess to begin with. The iraqi war was certainly uncalled for and greatly destabilized the middle east as well as causing the financial crisis we are now facing.

What does one have to do with the other in the context of my post? I was responding to another poster who said "What exactly has Bush done to protect this country since 9/11?" and I answered him. I'm trying to show that we are, in fact, SAFER now in this country than we were on Sept 11, 2001, in part because of Bush and in part because of beefed up security and awareness.

Each and every one of those incidents mentioned was covered in the news when they occurred. How soon we forget is truly unbelievable.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's a list of known terror plots thwarted BY the U.S. Government. I'm sure some were the direct result of DHS, though I'm not exactly sure which ones. I'm sure some of the attacks, possibly others that weren't listed on here, were also stopped by information our government retrieved from prisoners at Guantanamo.

So then how exactly is this evidence that Bush is directly responsible for keeping us safe? Are you saying that if it were not for him we may have had another attack?

So he created DHS, who cares, just another government org to walk all over us. I am sure we would be perfectly capable to deal with things like this without the DHS.

Oh and I really don't think you wanna bring up Gitmo, that will lead this thread onto a whole other tangent.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by AnOldFriend]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join