It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich motions to Impeach Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You hateful, torture condoning, war loving neocons cannot stand it that truth and justice WILL PREVAIL! As JC himself declares: "If we keep quite, the very rocks and stones will cry out."

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

This is exactly right. It's more of a "See, we were never with him. We didn't allow him to do this, he just did it of his own accord. Now we are doing something about it" CYA move by the democrats. Quite frankly it's a bit too late to be pulling this crap. With as long as this process will take he will be living in South America free and clear for 3 years.

At least 2 years too late. I mean, look at how long it took to figure out that they lied about this crap in the first place! And WE have known that they lied for YEARS!! You see? It's never going to happen. The process will continue on with the next President. He will break laws and such and then get by without any actions against. It's the system.

Oh yeah, you can't impeach a president if he is NOT in office either so this move is just a joke. Again because of how long this will obviously take.

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I applaud this effort. It is truly sad to think that Bush will probably get away with his utter contempt for US law, seperation of powers and constitutionality in general. Future Presidents will be able to use the Bush Presidency as a precedent for their own contempt of the principles they swear to uphold. It may be too late to successfully impeach this president, but at least this will demonstrate to future presidents that some lawmakers will not go down without a fight!

A few years ago I wrote my congressman a letter pleading with him to move to impeach the President. I was unsurprised but disappointed to recieve a pathetic, simpering, and in some respects, infantile response, complaining that "it just won't work". It's wonderful to know there is at least one real man in Congress with the balls to go ahead and do it anyway!!

And lets keep in mind everyone, that this isn't about Democrat against Republican, because this is undoubtedly highly unpopular with other Democrats in congress! This is about legislature against executive branch, about constitutionality against imperial rule, republic against dictatorship!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Pelosi already said this is off the table.

I wish he had set up something to gain FULL DISCLOSURE.

It would go farther and be of more use.

He'd be the guy to get that done too!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
reply to post by sos37

You hateful, torture condoning, war loving neocons cannot stand it that truth and justice WILL PREVAIL! As JC himself declares: "If we keep quite, the very rocks and stones will cry out."

baaahhhhh baaahhhhhh baaahhhhh baaahhhhh

Make no mistake. Kucinich isn't starting the impeachment process because it's the right thing to do or because he's an honorable man. If he was, he would have done this a long time ago, as I pointed out in my previous post. He's doing it because it's in the best interest of the Democratic party.

You just can't stand it because you know I'm right.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You gotta love Rep. Dennis Kuchinich for being brave enough to stand up for the constitution as it was written. He just won my vote.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Impeachment is NOT ENOUGH.

We (the world) wants WAR CRIMES against those that LEAD and PARTICIPATED in crimes against humanity.

Bush, Cheney and his crony and also THE SOLDIERS, and not just Americans, also their ALLIES and their leaders and soldiers who SUPPORTED this crime.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Make no mistake. Kucinich isn't starting the impeachment process because it's the right thing to do or because he's an honorable man.

To hell with what his motives are and this is not about Kucinich. It's about wanting to see justice relevant to the horrible crimes that this administration has perpetrated against the world and its own citizens. Which is something the hate mongering Fox News "sheeple" care nothing about. Baaaahhh!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is great news but why has it taken this long for him to bring this to the table? Bush is about to leave office.

Whats the next stage in the process just as a matter of interest?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All Kucinich did was read a statement into the Congressional Record.

This means absolutely nothing.

It's like a publicity rag that the congress uses so they can get press by saying something that sounds good but actually means nothing.

Sorry to disappoint so many of you but this was little more than a publicity stunt by Kucinich

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Let's put all the partisan bickering aside for a moment. Let's focus on the fact that Kucinich put together 2 hours worth of allegations about our president. While I'm sure that most fo America was busy watching Dancing with the Stars or some crap, the fact is most of Americans disaprove of Bush's performance. This resolution gives the people real information, and people need to hear it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a transcript is availabe, and we can all pour over it and make a real determination.

The Cheney Impeachment resolution never went anywhere? Well duh, did anyone really think it would? there is too much power and corruption present to allow any real justice to seep through. The same applies here. But at least someone is willing to try on the American peoples behalf. When I see a point by point refutation of every one of his allegations, backed by reputable information and given the same time and format, I will be ready to consider it objectively. but at this point, reality speaks for itself. Bush has mangled the constitution,misled the people, and put the interests of big business and his political party ahead of the american people(who didn't vote him in in 00, if there's any proof that democracy is a sham, the fact that the true winner lost is everything I need to know)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well I think we are in big trouble. They wanted to start this process last year but they didn't. You want to know why just watch!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by centurion1211

Tit for tat?

Are you being serious here or facetious?

I'm being totally serious. I see this as the start, or at least a very serious escalation, of a partisan war in this country. One that will bring it to a standstill as each party does nothing else but try to get even on the other party's latest elected official.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by centurion1211

Tit for tat?

Are you being serious here or facetious?

I'm being totally serious. I see this as the start, or at least a very serious escalation, of a partisan war in this country. One that will bring it to a standstill as each party does nothing else but try to get even on the other party's latest elected official.

A partisan war. Hmmm. Anyone ever see that episode of Cheers where Frasier insults Cliff on being a mailman and it looks like they're going to get into a fist fight, but they keep coming with new rules before they start fighting like "No hitting in the face", "no hitting below the belt". And it progresses to where they are, much later, sitting at a table still writing rules for this fight and Cliff is on page 3.

This is how I picture a partisan war. Lawmakers from either side drafting legislation saying what each side can and cannot do before the actual war starts and what the penalties are. Then of course the motions fail because of filibusters. I don't think a partisan war would ever get off the ground because the "soldiers" of a partisan war would be too busy arguing about the rules.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Agree or Disagree with him ..... Dennis is a sharp guy. For those that missed it, when Dennis was still in the running, Johnny and I interviewed not only him, but his wife, Elizabeth, who is sharp as a tack also.

Dennis & Elizabeth Kucinich ATS MIX Interview

Dave

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I some times wish that we were more like Taiwain. The members of congress would just have a big fist fight on the floor and get it over with. Then this goverment of our might just get off its As* and do somthing for a change. We pay these people good money and all they do is stand around and point fingers at each others. We should vote them all out, both sides. Thank you for the chance to rant.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yep, as mentioned by some of the more rational heads here amidst all the bobbleheading by the liberal whiners here. This is basically a publicity stunt. The foolish are falling for it hook line and stinker. (misspelling intentional)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The timing of this impeachment should raise all sorts of bells and alarms for people. Of course the Bush-haters will come out applauding and saying "about time!" like the mindless sheep they are.

Instead, I submit the following:
* Why wasn't this done in 2005 after Bush admitted the Iraq pre-war intelligence was flawed?
* Why wasn't this done in 2004 when the 9/11 Commission released its final report?
* Why wasn't this done when the Iraqi government was shown to not be meeting their benchmarks?
* Why wasn't this done at anytime other than now during the current administration?

I'll tell you why - because the Democratic party wants to play on the people's emotions. Nevermind that people have had their minds made up about Bush for years now, but the Democrats want to open old wounds and make you mad ALL OVER AGAIN for the SAME OLD CRAP they've been saying all along in an effort to SWING THE VOTE, particularly the votes of Republicans who are on the fence about John McCain.

Sorry, Kucinich and all you other Liberal monkeys, some of us see this farce for what it is. The rest of you sheep go right ahead on bleating.

there is nothing to do with the timing here or political games. this is the right thing to do. period. as are the following steps.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think he's doing it now that Obama has clinched the ticket.
Too much struggle and it would have skewed too many angles.
Is this a publicity stunt or not.. we'll see in a little while.

I don't care if it's "too late" in some eye. Better late than never.
I certainly don't want Bush gallivanting around AFTER his Presidency is over giving speeches for 100,000 a pop and traveling across the world sticking his fingers where people don't want.

I'll take anything..
Get Bush off the political stage forever. If true proceedings actually proceed then the future will be a few watts brighter.

b

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
Yep, as mentioned by some of the more rational heads here amidst all the bobbleheading by the liberal whiners here. This is basically a publicity stunt. The foolish are falling for it hook line and stinker. (misspelling intentional)

this is nothing new. he and others have tried to get impeachment on the table before...in all t he years someone previously mentioned.

do you believe there are no impeachable offenses here? honestly?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join