It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas town releases name of drug found in water; They're not the only ones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Does anybody know if this situation involves bottled water? We already know that a majority of them use recycled water... it would seem that this new bottled water craze would change the situation a bit, thus encouraging "them" to infiltrate our water supply by other means.

How pure is bottled water? And how easy would it be to slip something in (the companies being mega-corps and all)? What are the properties of the plastic the water is contained in when heated and left for a few days?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

Water from the tap will kill a Goldfish. Spring water or distilled water will not kill a Goldfish. That prooves that tap water is the least safe of those three options. I would feel much better ,though, if I had my own well or my own Spring. I might see if a fish can survive in rainwater. Storing rainwater might be a way around the nasty tendency of powerful tyrants to poison water.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

"" but its also true that as much water as has been suggested can and has caused water retension problems and tissue damage as well as kidney problems.""

And do you know why? The crap is acidic!

Go ahead and test it. test your tap water test your bottled water..acid, acid, acid!

I know I heard one could actually O.D. on water!!!! But it was true! I believe, it was due to acidosis!

Remember when the newz used to talk about all the acid rain fallout , back in the day? I wonder why they stopped?

Here, check it out;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

The city also named the five: sulfamethoxazole, dilantin, carbamazepine, naproxen and meprobamate. But it declined at that time to identify which one also had been detected in treated drinking water.

So... when you mix all these "medications" together, what kind of poison do we get? Isn't it known that you aren't supposed to mix drugs? When people go to their doctor and their doctor asks, "are you on any other type of medication?", what are people supposed to say? How many people say NO when they unknowingly are?

I see the world largest government lawsuit coming. They are putting EVERYONE at risk. Especially people who are taking medications already, unknowingly mixing their meds. with others!!!!! This is just sick!

Tort, anyone??

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

When you mix drugs and chemicals, they have a logarithmic effect.

For example, if a Chemical or drug is rated as a 10 danger/ toxicity, and it mixes with another 10 danger, you dont get 20 you get 100. Add another 10 to that and your at 1000. One more an your at 10,000. Thats just 4 chemicals, or medications mixed together.

www.generalecology.com... First Need Purifier, or Base Camp.

This takes out EVERYTHING, including Viruses. The Only PURIFIER EPA rated to do so. 99.999999999 log test data available in tech specs. Nothing Beats it, hand operated.

Counter top faucet hook ups available, or even gravity feed. Structured Matrix Technology with Carbon and Ionic Silver. Best Available Anywhere.

Best regards,

Blitzkreigen

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blitzkreigen

Very, very, good information. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I agree water is not PH balanced and is high on the acidic level. What I was taking about is that much water even if it was PH balanced Its how you intake the water also. Some fools think you can drink 40 oz. of water in a short period of time because its a timesaver. Hyperhydration can occur and this is deadly. My fathers hobby was tropical fish and he had Mucho many dollars invested. He set up a still to get water to replenish the large tanks he had to keep the water safe. We drank and cooked from this water. It was tested for PH constantly.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I have had the biggest trouble trying to explain to people about Ph balances and it's ability to prevent cancer... Great info everybody, I'm actually printing this thread as we speak....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As I understand it, during WWII, the Germans found one substance available at that time that was highly effective at creating a pacified population. It was a by product of Aluminum manufacturing, was highly poisonous. It's name is fluoride. It prevents teeth from re-calcifying.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

"" The Only PURIFIER EPA rated to do so. 99.999999999 log test data available in tech specs. Nothing Beats it, hand operated. ""

Am I supposed to trust the EPA?

Aren't they the same group that will fine CFC releases, even tho the CFC's are heavier than air

and are no real threat to ozone? The whole thing is a fraud!

No offense to you, but I don't trust them. The thing probably does ok, and folks won't get sick from using it

but I think it is water that is no better than the acidic water we all buy at the store, which at best

gives the user a false sense of security, because acidic water is not good for us at all. in addition to that

I know of one that I think is better...read for yourself; www.johnellis.com...

cheers...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This was reported on Australian news months ago.

From Memory they were saying it made it way into the water system via "waste" from a pharamacutical producer.

Interesting it has now been found in more than one town (I'd bet they dont have the same up-stream water supply either..)

Actually suprising the news has just hit this website now.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

"" The Only PURIFIER EPA rated to do so. 99.999999999 log test data available in tech specs. Nothing Beats it, hand operated. ""

Am I supposed to trust the EPA?

Aren't they the same group that will fine CFC releases, even tho the CFC's are heavier than air

and are no real threat to ozone? The whole thing is a fraud!

No offense to you, but I don't trust them. The thing probably does ok, and folks won't get sick from using it

but I think it is water that is no better than the acidic water we all buy at the store, which at best

gives the user a false sense of security, because acidic water is not good for us at all. in addition to that

I know of one that I think is better...read for yourself; www.johnellis.com...

cheers...

Well, unfortunately, to put everyone on an "Even Playing Field", The EPA and NSF guidelines are ALL 'we' have to go on.

They have standardized Tests, with standard challenge water, and use live bacteria, ( and VIRUSES ) and test the exact same way each time. The measurments are recorded the same, and the same gallons are put through each unit to MAX them out, then re- test again at a full challenge "loaded up" test.

Any Filter or Purifier that wants EPA approval MUST go through the same steps to get a rating... Filters and Purifiers have differant test standards, with PURIFIERS being much more difficult to pass.

The First Need by General Ecology is the ONLY Purifier to have obtained this EPA rating since 1993. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I"M WRONG.

This is what I do for a living, every day since 1990. I am truly an Expert, and one of the Best in My Field. I have Published White Papers on the Subject, and have dedicated a LARGE portion of my life to understanding water on not only an atomic level, but a Quantum Level as well. I am truly "One With Water", and I live it Daily, for 18 + years now, professionally. My Interest started in 1983. So 25 Years +.

I see sooo many "CLAIMS" by people saying they have the best this, and the best that, and I ALWAYS ask to see the Independent Test Lab Results.
Then I read them, if they can even produce them. Most simply just dont have them.

Thats what ends up shutting most people up. ( thankfully- there is enough mis-information out there designed to make someone 'a buck' as it is , while endangering unsuspecting and uneducated peoples LIVES.) That REALLY pisssessesss me off!

It irks me to no end that anyone can make a claim and NOT have to back it up. Especially when it comes to someones drinking water.

Most companies just are scammers and flat out liars, or their product is certified in China Or the Ukraine. Its My job to point that out and try to increase the educational level of the general public on this subject.

This is a Life and Death issue, Literally, to those I advise, consult or that hire me to actually set up their systems. I actually do it because I enjoy it and understand it, and I even hate to ask for a check. Really...

I donate a LOT of my free time for free to help anyone who will simply listen and understand. Read some of my other Posts in the Survival Forum on water treatment.

Until you can show me something more scientific, and standard, I'm TRUSTING the EPA standards for drinking water Filters and Purifiers.

Its the Only set of tests that Levels the Playing field and puts everyone on the same page. ( we all get only 3 'outs' per inning not 7 as some 'want' )

By the way... most people think that 99% effective is GREAT....

HA! Thats not even 1 Log

99.99% is 2 Log

Lets try to find a 99.999999999 ( 9 log ) removal rating... Ohh wait... I already did... its here www.generalecology.com...

Sorry Buddy, but your barking is much worse than your bite.

I'm not trying to 'go off' on you personally, ( Please dont take it that way )but I have seen these tactics from companies for YEARS Now, and It irks me to no end because its all BASED ON GREED and Flat out deception!

Please just TRUST ME on this one... I cant make a Federal Case out of it "here" anymore, because I'm just too tired to convince anyone anymore, who does not KNOW my credentials.

I'm 100% 'Referral Only' BTW, and have been since 1995.

I dont open my mouth unless I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

Can you tell you hit my Hot Button? I love you man!
& Its Not Personal!

On the Units that you posted.... they sure take a lot of power.

The First Need and the Base Camp are Hand pumped, or gravity feed, or counter top models.

I didnt see any mention of VIRUS removal on the Web site you posted.

I'm going to add one more thing... Bacteria are curently MUTATING and becoming resistant to normal sanitation methods as we speak.

Also there are NEWLY DISCOVERED BACTERIA that ARE NOT KILLED by BOILING WATER at 212 deg. F. They can survive 700 degrees F. PLUS and think it "tickles". Sometimes they fart.

When Distilling, its extremely important to BOIL OFF the Volatile Organic Chemicals, that have a boiling point LESS than normal water, FIRST!

Then you can begin to catch the steam, AFTER you boil off these chemicals. Most home distillers just "boil and catch" the steam.

Otherwise your just CONCENTRATING THEM! Kinda Like Boiling battery acid. It just becomes concentrated. FWIW.

Surprise Surprise Surprise !

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ok, they do 'claim' Virus removal, by showing a chart of the time it takes for UV to kill 3 viruses.

There is only 1 "test" posted, from a customer of theirs. "Organa Letter & Test Results"

The other UCLA tests and assorted other claims are not cited.

I will admit that the technology is interesting, and the science... especially by making the water "lighter" by the 114 bond of hydrogen atoms.

Its all too true what he states about distillation, and how VOC's have to be boiled off first, and at "slow speed" of steam rising through the machine.

I'm still looking for NSF or EPA testing though... just to compare apples to apples.

Any reason he hasnt submitted his units for testing? They cost enough, he can afford the small expense.

Sounds better than MOST distillers on the market. Especially the "plastic leaching" issues that he has addressed.

I still want to see standardized tests done just to see the results.

It all sound good at first... but I really still dont see any real test results, just a letter from a client praising the unit, and some word of mouth claims.

If its all that, go for broke and get the 'paperwork' done.

Then I'll possibly reconcider, but I still cant afford one.

The "First Need" is 90.00 US., and replacement canisters are 33.00 each. No Electricity required. Will gravity feed when no longer "hand operatable". Every drop will be as pure as the first, it will just take longer to gravity feed. A cool "hanging bag" kit and hose comes with the unit for this purpose.

ALL VIRUSES, VOC's, Radionucleotides, asbestos, pesticides, arsenic, chromium, Giardia, E- Coli, Typhoid, Cholera, TriHaloMethanes, amoebas, cycts etc... are ALL removed by the First Need Unit, or any other unit they make with the Structured Matrix design ( all units , same technology)

www.generalecology.com...

Not to Beat a Dead Horse, but I really cant find ANYTHING better, and I have really tried. Even NASA cant beat this unit. They Use RO.

( I know I know, we cant trust NASA either can we? ) I tend to agree with that.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So next time you belly up to the bar, and the barkeep says "what's yer poison?"
He aint kidding?
I like a San Juan Freeze.
Can't be poison if it has a little umbrella on it right?
However Whisky and water might be fusile oils, indeterminate alcohols, metabolites of the mercified minions?
I wonder if Saint Vida's Dance (the Jake Leg) will become a popular step again? Will the blind drunk remain that way when the buzz goes away?
What of chlorine, flouride, and that old favorite formaldehyde?
Many of the seemingly out of place chemicals are not metabolites, and should not be present in the concentrations reported even if we are talking "trace" amounts. Some chemicals have NO SAFE LEVEL, not even in PPB.
Let's not even discuss the cryptosporidium, and other little wigglers.
Don't worry about those tumors, the novel thought processes, the eruptions of boils and carbuncles, if you can't focus on a concept, blame your age, war is peace, ignorance is bliss, do not question authority, trust your government, "move along now, move along, nothing to see here citizens, return to your homes and prepare for the morning call of....
..."Bring out your dead!"

"We always knew he'd go on the wagon someday.
But we didn't think it'd be this way."

Extra bonus obscure word: Neopacklabrum.
Difficulty; no pirates.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"" Any reason he hasnt submitted his units for testing? They cost enough, he can afford the small expense. ""

probably ego, I dunno for sure. the guy even answers the phone, I talked to him....errr he talked, I hardly got a chance to.

I even told mom to call, she said the same thing, she could hardly speak.

go ahead and call him yourself, see if you can get that question asked before he lets loose...lol

anyways, I bought 2bottles of water for what a bottle on Dom Perignon used to sell for...lmao

I got better color, and my blood pressure is lower, I have some new hair growth on my legs I haven't seen since a teen. and I'll just wait n see what else may improve on me...maybe somethin', maybe that's it, I dunno.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Another aspect of water supplies becoming contaminated with various drugs are the land fills.

It would interesting if people were doing water samples and drilling in and around land fills just to see if pharmaceuticals were making there way into rivers and into the water table.

Having a Well in such a situation as that might be even worse for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So thats why major cities have had mayors vote out bottled water in there cities. They are contaminating the water supplies to bring the masses under control.

The story

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught
So next time you belly up to the bar, and the barkeep says "what's yer poison?"
He aint kidding?
I like a San Juan Freeze.
Can't be poison if it has a little umbrella on it right?

What of chlorine, flouride, and that old favorite formaldehyde?
Many of the seemingly out of place chemicals are not metabolites, and should not be present in the concentrations reported even if we are talking "trace" amounts. Some chemicals have NO SAFE LEVEL, not even in PPB.

Let's not even discuss the cryptosporidium, and other little wigglers.
Don't worry about those tumors, the novel thought processes, the eruptions of boils and carbuncles, if you can't focus on a concept, blame your age, war is peace, ignorance is bliss, do not question authority, trust your government, "move along now, move along, nothing to see here citizens, return to your homes and prepare for the morning call of....
..."Bring out your dead!"

"

Extra bonus obscure word: Neopacklabrum.
Difficulty; no pirates.

Well, I'm Just now looking at my City's NEW "2007" Water Quality Report, required by Congress to be sent out once a year to the 'slaves' who have to drink it. I got it last week.

Overall I see a theme of Maximum levels of contamination ALLOWED for each item, by the EPA, and a listing of my City's minimum and maximum readings for the year on each item tested.

I can say this..... it sure is funny that almost every item tested is close to the Maximum Allowed by the EPA.

Funny coincidence huh? Very few Break the barrier by 0.01 ppm or so.

Here are a few Examples of what they are testing for and finding: ( Actual test results )

BARIUM: 0.061ppm detected
Chromium: 1.2 ppb detected
Flouride: 0.69 ppm detected
Gross BETA emmitters: 3.6 pCi/l detected
Atrazine 0.44 ppb detected
Chloramines: 0.44 ppm Detected
Total Haloacetic Acids 35.7 ppb detected
Total Trihalomethanes: 65.3 ppb detected
Chloroform:31.8ppb
Bromoform: 2.51 ppb detected
Lead: 2 of the 90th percentile whatever that means.
Copper:0.567
Total Coliform Bacteria: 1 ( action level = ANY found ) in 5% or more of monthly samples
Fecal Bacteria: None
nickel: 0.003 Maxed out
sulfate:169 pp
and turbidity: 0.60 Max = 0.30

Hey thats JUST WHAT they test For... I guess If "I cant see you" then
"you cant see" me right?

Dont ask dont tell?

I'm glad i'm using a filter.

Go back to sleep, WAKE UP , work and spend. Consume, use Credit, drive a new H3. Flouride is good for your teeth, drink 8 glasses a day. Brush 3 times a day, try the new whitening gel overnight in your mouth. We are here to Help you.... you dont have anything to hide do you? Avoiding your water consumption requirements are you... we have our ways to MAKE you DRINK! ...

Beta emitters help you stay warm, Atrizine will kill internal parasites,...

nothing to see here... move along... everything is FINE..... Drink deeply... Thats It... now Sleeep....... Sleep...... s hh h h hhhh........

Blitzkreigen

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

"" Hey thats JUST WHAT they test For... I guess If "I cant see you" then
"you cant see" me right?

Dont ask dont tell? "

I told ya I didn't trust them....and now, obviously, you don't trust them either

YOU NAILED THEM...!!!! in regards to what "they" are about!....can you say?...OB-FUS-CATION !!!!!!

call that guy we were discussing....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

"" Hey thats JUST WHAT they test For... I guess If "I cant see you" then
"you cant see" me right?

Dont ask dont tell? "

I told ya I didn't trust them....and now, obviously, you don't trust them either

YOU NAILED THEM...!!!! in regards to what "they" are about!....can you say?...OB-FUS-CATION !!!!!!

call that guy we were discussing....

Well, your 1/2 right.

I HAVE to USE the EPA guidelines for testing Water Filters and Purifiers, simply because thats the ONLY Level playing field that is available.

It gets everyone on the same page with the same tests.

There is NOTHING else available, except 'anyones' unfounded claims.

I'm not happy, on the other hand, about the EPA allowing certain concentrations to be detected in PUBLIC Drinking water.

These are 2 differant animals.

They HAVE to allow a certain amount through on a MASS scale, to simply be economical in supplying a CITY with adequate drinking water in Millions of Gallons. For not just drinking, but for car washes and yard watering as well.

With individual Purifiers and Filters, we are talking only hundreds or even thousands of gallons for personal drinking water use, and the EPA guidelines are MUCH MUCH MUCH more stringent for filters and purifiers, than for CITY water supplies.

Thats excatly why I 'filter' my City water and I PURIFY my 'Field' or Survival water.

The requirements are really MUCH MUCH better for Filters and Purifiers, which I think is what you are referring to from a previous post in this thread.

I DO AGREE that ANY amount of Chemicals or Bacteria, or Heavy Metals in our CITY drinking water is simply unacceptable to me personally.

On the same hand I DO UNDERSTAND why they have to allow a certain amount through for a CITY, because the cities simply could NOT afford to PURIFY the water on a large scale to be used for flushing toilets, and watering the yard and washing cars... Just not economically feasible.

I reiterate, I FILTER my city water, and PURIFY my Survival Water or water that I get from a Stream or pond. We are talking under 5000 gallons, and that can be done economically.

As for calling the guy with the expensive units that have not been tested.... I have not had enough coffee this week to keep up with him, and I prefer to be able to have a 2 way conversation, and ask questions that get answers, rather than be 'talked over' or preached to.

I have not written it off yet, but I think I need to have 6 cups of coffee first, and an hour and a half to kill to get the info that I want from him to mnake a decision.

If he had the EPA tests done, I could just read the results and know where his unit stands without a word spoken, or time burnt.

I have not written it off yet, though its not likely I'll invest that time to hear his Personal Sales Pitch without independant lab results.

Its going to be hard to get that "facts" from the guy selling the units.

Best regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I don't think it's so much being preached to .....talked overrrrr.......mmm yeah a bit.

don't forget, he is a different generation, and an engineer, and this is his baby, and he's been doing it for years, and he never hired a marketer.

maybe to say he's in kind of a narrow business rut, of sorts..
[ and, I don't think he wants to change anything about the way he does/says things ] so, he's stubborn...lol

blitz, since you know so much about this stuff. what CAN the average water treatment plant test for in the water? do they test for oxygen levels or CAN they?

I know a guy who works at one but I want a brief prior to any conversation I have asking him to run specific tests.

now, back to that machine....it's a real slow processor of the distilled energized water....I'm estimating between a half gallon to a gallon an hour, but the water is SWEET!

the setup is strange, the heater and the bulbs get to all the water, but then the quickest water out is the energized tap water, then the distilled water just dribbles out a little at a time at the same time.

your choice is, to collect both OR let the energized tap water just go down the drain and just wait on the distilled to slowly fill up whatever sized container you have collecting it in the sink. that's the way he has it setup.

a third way I'm working on is, to use a quality dual filter between the source and the unit, that way, I won't mind drinking the tap water, it's a shame to spend all that energy churning out this great water only to toss out the regular tap water due to the offensive taste, so the filter will cure that part AND it'll save me collecting time and energy use as well by utilizing both types.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join