It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas town releases name of drug found in water; They're not the only ones

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Heres a link to that device and his interview on Colbert:

Zindo

blog.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Not a 'magic box', it's just a distiller. Its what mother nature does to groundwater, condenses it, then it rains (of course the clean rain falls thru dirty atmosphere and make it dirty again)

See my previous posts..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Back in the 80's I saw a Swiss built personal water filtration system that used ceramic pots that where then infused with a certain type of Algae that water filtered through. It took out almost all toxins and residual particulate. The water tasted realy good after the filtration process. A fellow worker had one installed in his house. I'm not sure what the size of the granules in suspension would be for these drugs of if they would be filtered by it but it seemed to work for nearly anything.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Filters everything, only complaint about distilled water is the taste is a bit flat for some. I like it though, it has a steamy taste, not too bad.

For others reading: Distilled is sometimes confused (in terms) with Reverse Osmosis or even de-ionized water. These shouldnt be confused, it could be deadly lol. Drinking DE-I water would be bad! It leaches metal ions from metal pipes, so any DI line needs to be glass. So if drank, would leach all vits and minerals from your body.

Just wanted to clarify

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Thanks for that, lol. I hate to think that it is possible that our government was doing this to control us, but I will point out in the article that they are scared of a terrorist followup, which implies(incorrectly?) That this was done by a terrorist. If that is not the case, then what more needs to be said about those we have chosen to give power to...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

After the AP's story was distributed, Arlington officials provided a few more details: trace concentrations of five pharmaceuticals - one antibiotic, two anti-seizure medications, one pain reliever and one minor tranquilizer - had been detected in the city's untreated source water.

The city also named the five: sulfamethoxazole, dilantin, carbamazepine, naproxen and meprobamate. But it declined at that time to identify which one also had been detected in treated drinking water.

Talk about scary. I can understand that some amounts of these drugs can be attributed to urine. But how many medicated citizens does it take to affect a population's water supply?

1 in 100. 1 in 50. What's the magic ratio?

[edit on 6/10/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

You know, I never thought of that! Similar to how much each community pollutes a river, how much does each person affect the water? And even if we don't drink it, how does it affect our crops and livestock?

Hell, we shower in the stuff!

So how many people does it take to pollute a system, or at least overwhelm it?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

You need to ozonate your water, or find a nice ionizer.

They do a nice job of rendering crap like that into non threatening particles

They both add oxygen to the final product, but the ionizers go further by making sure the PH is in the proper area 7-8

most of our tap water AND bottled water is slightly acidic when it should be alkaline

www.waterionizer.org...

www.fernsnutrition.com...

www.waterforlifeusa.com...

john ellis has a different angle, but I think they'll do the same thing

www.johnellis.com...

I'm going to get one, but I don't know which one yet.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This kind of puts a new spin on the "Drink 8 Glasses of Water A Day" campaign the Governments of North America have been sponsoring since the mid 1990s...

I would certainly never recommend that level of water intake to any of my patients who were under 200 pounds and are exposed to strenuous, perspiration-inducing environs.

That sort of water consumption can cause serious mineral depletion over time, leading to cognitive dysfunction and a weakening of the immune system...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I use to go to school in Arlington; I'd believe it, those people are crazy.

On the other thing, our town told us that it was unsafe to drink our water years ago. This isn't anything new; by the way, I live in Midlothian, just south of Dallas, east of Arlington. I can remember when I was younger that everyone got a notice about the drinking water. Not sure what was in it, but, it probably is effected by the three cement plants and who knows what else. Since then, we have used a filter.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The levels of these chemicals are very, very low. They would have no effect on the population.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
The levels of these chemicals are very, very low. They would have no effect on the population.

Drink a quarter teaspoon of antifreeze, and you'll likely not even notice. Drink a quarter teaspoon of antifreeze every day, and you'll kill yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How disturbing to find out that what you think is a safe water system that supplies a necessity it can be toxic to your children.

Yes, children are the ones that will be affected by any compounds found in water that do not belong in it.

Some people are toxic to certain drugs even in the smallest doses, and the side effects are the contrary of what the drug is made to treat.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The city also named the five: sulfamethoxazole, dilantin, carbamazepine, naproxen and meprobamate. But it declined at that time to identify which one also had been detected in treated drinking water.

So... when you mix all these "medications" together, what kind of poison do we get? Isn't it known that you aren't supposed to mix drugs? When people go to their doctor and their doctor asks, "are you on any other type of medication?", what are people supposed to say? How many people say NO when they unknowingly are?

I see the world largest government lawsuit coming. They are putting EVERYONE at risk. Especially people who are taking medications already, unknowingly mixing their meds. with others!!!!! This is just sick!

Tort, anyone??

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

"" That sort of water consumption can cause serious mineral depletion over time,""

Really?

What about the minerals that are in the water being drunk?

They don't replenish the body?

I'd like to know what school and what class taught you that!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The establishment's reticence to declare what exactly is in the water belies the 'not to worry' assurances.

The reason it is hard to get them to admit is because they are beholden and in may ways subordinate to the Petrochemical companies who might be deemed liable for the 'tainting.'

Drug companies are all part and parcel of the chemical industry and are very capable of influencing what the system tells the population. Remember PCB's, no, how about DDT..., tobacco? If if can harm you - and they WON'T tell you, it's time to dig up the truth.

When you medicate so many people that the residual in their waste actually becomes measurable in the community water supply, IT MERITS comment and investigation.

Perhaps it is too small to affect anyone, but I would want either proof to that effect, or assurances that any future damage will be the liability of those who unleashed the substance into the community in the first place.

This is the problem with letting the corporations run the country (FDA, DEA, EPA) - they have no mandate to serve and protect the citizens, only to profit in the process.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of all of what you guys are pointing out. I can't really believe that this is what has happened to our system...

In this massage circle, who rubs my shoulders?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Actualy yes. Its true that water can replenish but its also true that as much water as has been suggested can and has caused water retension problems and tissue damage as well as kidney problems. The body can and does replenish itself on just about any liquid thats consumed!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I agree this is very scary. I agree with eradown when the water is recycled it doesnt get rid of every medication in the water. I read about this a couple months ago. (on msnnews) Its every medication from ati depressants to cancer medicine. They say that every city has medications in their water and that its ok to drink it because the amounts are so small. I just had a baby and I give him distilled water because of this. And I drink bottled water hopefully thats a little safer.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You have performed extensive studies I'm sure right, to back up your claims?
Please post your results and studies for your very assured comment, thx

Otherwise, you can join the club of noted physicians and scientists with the consensus that we just don't know what the long term effects are of so many drugs in trace amounts have on the human body, healthy people, sick people, children as well as wildlife ecosystems.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by battlestargalactica]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join