It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Question Obama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is a setiment here on ATS that some Mods may be favoring Obama...

How can a threads called:

Im going to vote for Obama cause hes black. Here
Im NOT going to vote for Obama cause he is black. (see bottem)

But one of those threads get closed???

Why...

You can concluded that both OP's are proably close to each other in intelegence, as they are both using a stupid criteria, to make thier presidential choice...

But, the thread that decided to use his African heritage as a negavite, is closed... and the thread that decided that his African heritage is good... stays open...

Why???if you close one thread because it is supposely racist, then how is the other thread, not racist? How come ATS only thinks that racism can only be extended to Africans???

I doubt there is some high ranking consipricy on ATS to promote Obama... but that this problem can be caused by just one single Mod who is an Obamabot...

If you are going to let one racist group vent thier hate towards whity? Then why cant people vent thier hate towards the Africans?

If someone doesnt want to vote for Obama because he is black, whats wroung with that? Its not good logic, but we dont have logic police here on ATS...

My point is, if some guy is going to say, "Im black, and im voting for Obama cause he is black!"

People should be alowed to say " Im not black, and im not going to vote for Obama cause he IS black"

If you are going to allow any rasict speach, at least let it be fair.

Just because American society lets Minority ethnicites have and project racist views, doesnt mean ATS should lower its standards to the new Politicaly Correct version of free speach.

edit to add links...

The thread where the OP said that they didnt want to vote for Obama cause he was black, has now been dealeated...

The thread was just closed eariler... now deleated... now i dont have a link to prove thier bias... i hope people belive me... at least until this thread disapears....

[edit on 6/9/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
IF thats true....thats messed up.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good Lord!

Honestly, if this post or its sentiment is where ATS is headed for the next five months, deal me out. I thought everyone at ATS was smarter than this!? You just know this is the debate the PTB want us to be having - it distracts from the real issues.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just take a look at the author of this post.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

entitled "Here come the black haters?"

I don't think there can be any doubt as who deleted the thread.

Hussein Obama has no experience, never met a tax hike he didn't like, heck he might even be part of a terrorist plot to overthrow America. So it is in his campaigns best interest to portray people who would vote against Obama as racist. It might be his only shot at winning this thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Can you explain what you meant by this statement?

I was trying to only show that there was what i precieved to be, a double standard. It is not a double standard that is only on ATS, in nearly ALL media, there is a double standard to play nice with Obama.

The media wont ask him tough questions. They will not do it because they dont want to appear unPoliticaly Correct...

They wont ask him about his religion.
They wont ask him about his name.
They wont ask about his policies.

Just praise praise praise.

Why did he go with Barrack, when during his youth, he was known as Barry? How does this reflect on you?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

My statements are self explanatory.

As to yours:

He has been asked and has answered about his religion.
He has been asked and has answered about his name.
He has been asked and has answered about his policies - This is the only valid line of questioning and I don't have any problem with his positions being completely vetted in a civil and intelligent manner. The problem is ATS seems completely incapable of doing this.

As for the name, kids can be cruel. I'm quite sure it was easier to be known as Barry on the playground than Barack. Geez.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There are some Mods that are pro-Obama. My Avatar was of Obama in full Muslim dress and it was removed!!

Not all Mods are pro-Obama, but noticed the ones that mainly are, are from outside the US (namely Canada)!

There is probably no Mod over-ride system either. There should be no bias one way or the other, Mods are free to post in the thread as anyone else to make points and/or cases relative to the content.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Amazing. I was starting to think just the opposite. I couldn't see how the mods would let so many members churn out so many anti-Obama threads without asking they consolidate them or close some for repetition. We have had quite a rash of them as of late. The anti-Obama invasion. They are hard to ignore when half recent posts had Obama in the title.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I havent seen/heard him talk about his religion. Can you link?

On his name, i heard him where he stated that, " He changed it to reflect his 'other' side of his heritage'.

I would like to know MUCH more about that.
What is this heritage?
Is this the same heritage that is represented in your Middle name Hussain?
is this the Herritage represented in your Last Name Obama?

What parts of your heritage do you want to bring into mainstream American Values?

names are VERY important. They are a reflection of our herriditary past, they carry stories with them. Also, when one changes thier name, there ussaly is a story behind it. If names werent important we all would have just numbers as our names.

People are playing too nice with Obama, the Main Media wont touch him, they wont ask him a single hard question. He keeps getting lobbed softballs...

I still dont know what you meant by your orginal comment. So if "My statements are self explanatory" then we are getting the expliantion that you dont know what your talking about? So, please, explain....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Sorry things are so difficult for you to grasp. Try using Google. Or Wiki.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Amazing. I was starting to think just the opposite. I couldn't see how the mods would let so many members churn out so many anti-Obama threads without asking they consolidate them or close some for repetition

There are alot of threads about Obama, mostly because we don't know much about him, and we can't rely on MSM to educate us.

I think at this point, we need to basicly make an Obama Fourm... with subfourms too, that can examine all parts of him.

All the talk is about Obama, and righty so, we know who McCain is, there are no suprises there.

Obama is a totaly unknown, and people want answers, and they arent getting them from the MSM, so they are going to come here.

I am just trying to point out the double standard on ATS reffering to racism... either you allow it all, or disallow all, you cant let one group do it and the other not.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You got that right TKain.

What ever happen to Bigbert? He was posting dozens of pro-Obama threads, haven't seen any for some time now. He was also countering in every anti-Obama thread.

To learn the most about Obama in one consolidated area, visit the link below:

www.dontvoteobama.net...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Thanks for posting a link

Ill look on that site, LOTS of info on there

Friends of Barack Obama

William Ayers - American Terrorist
Raila Odinga - Cousin, Radical Islamist
Raul Reyes - Columbian Terrorist
Antonio Rezko - Muslim Slum Lord
Professor Khalidi - Muslim Terrorist Supporter
Reverend Wright - Racist Muslim Supporter/Preacher, Anti-American
Reverend James Meeks - Racist
Reverend Louis Farrakhan - Racist Nation of Islam / Faux Preacher
Reverend. Jesse Jackson - Racist - Anti-Semetic
Nadhmi Auchi - Muslim Billionaire
Sohaib Abassi - Muslim Millionaire

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
There are alot of threads about Obama, mostly because we don't know much about him, and we can't rely on MSM to educate us.

Now do you really think any of the... *ahem* ..."information" you see on these threads is true? At this point, I think the MSM is a little more reliable and that is a shame.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by TKainZero

Now do you really think any of the... *ahem* ..."information" you see on these threads is true? At this point, I think the MSM is a little more reliable and that is a shame.

F-YEA i belive some of what i read on ATS.

I heard that BHO's middle name was Huessain, FIRST here on PTS.
I heard, and learned who Rev. Wright was, FIRST, here on PTS.
First learned Obamas got a white momma here on ATS.
I first became aware of many things via ATS...

ATS has alot to offer, if you read inbetween the garbage...

So dont dismiss something thats said here on ATS, just because you dont see it in the MSM...

Now watch Obama speak Spanish... his spanish is good, i would love to see a McCain v Obama debate, where they both spook spanish, oh that would be priceless... McCain was the only rep. canidate who offered to be in the Spainish debate...

Now what Obama thinks about whites...

[edit on 6/9/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yes yes, poor McCain supporters for being called bigots for acting like bigots! Maybe if you stick to the real issues and policies you might not be called one mmmk!

I see your point though TK but Im sorry if you people are going to continue posting all this garbage and contine bashing supporters expect to be called all kinds of things.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that I made the thread you are refering to. And yes they did close it out within an hour of being posted.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

its because a LOT of the "anti-obama" threads here dont talk about his policies and politics

they talk about his skin color
they talk about his religion
etc etc etc etc

Those are important topics, and debatable ones, but not ones that can be talked about without constant bickering, flamming, and trolling.

If you want to talk about baracks policies, make a thread to dispell barack obama as a senator. As a resident of Illinois, i can tell you he doesnt do crap for this state....

Its okay to hate a man's politics
But to hate a man FOR his politics and nitpick and belittle is just done out of sheer ignorance

and since this website 's motto is "deny ignorance"

naturally anything less than that objective is squashed by the mods.
Fittingly so.

I believe if you took a topic on why people like barack obama because of his skin color, and put it in the skunk forums, you'd find it stays open much longer.

top topics

join