It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange creature of the sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here is a strange creature.. It's alien to me anywayYoutubelink

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just what is this? Are you saying it's an alien?

Please give us your thoughts on this.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have no idea what it is. I was hoping someone might.( I didn't know where to put it on here)Be easy on me, I am new here.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
OK, I'm an easy kind of person. This doesn't fit here very well, so I'm moving it to Skunk Works, which in no way means it stinks. It's just a place where things that don't fit sometimes go.

It's a high traffic area, and hopefully you'll get a lot of comments.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thank you, I found it in a ufo search, so I guess it made me think to put it here.... carry on!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
UFO = Unidentified Fauna Observed.

Actually this ought to speak to many of us. We know more about the moon than the seas of our own planet.

Is this a plant that is "aware" in some manner? maybe a fish that disguises itself as a plant? An entity that is both, to some degree?

Yep, we live in a strange world. I feel sad that we don't know it better.

I look forward to opinions and research into just what this is.

Thanks for bringing it to us seagrass. I was confused at first, but now I'm just intrigued.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe an octopus waiting for food?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
an octopus!! wow, I never would have guessed. I knew they were smart, but that is downright sneaky!! Thanks, it would have bugged me all night.
lol, or Unidentified Fish...

[edit on 10-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
These are the type of creatures that lurk amidst the seagrass.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would suggest this is a type of tube worm of which there are numerous sizes and shapes.

Of course they could be youtube worms

[edit on 9-6-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
interesting creatures to be sure. Here is a website with several pages of unusual fish(three pages worth) Thanks Sherpa!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Speaking of unusual, is this real?

www.liveleak.com...

I was putzing around and found this, I don't think it's real but anything is possible. Oh, thanks for the octopus video, that was cool. I don't remember them having the ability to blend in like that. If I did know that I must have forgotten it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

It's real, just not what it appears to be. It is the underside of a particular type of Ray, possibly a Ray related fish. I'm no expert but that is what I remember reading about it. Still weird looking, especially as the human mind recognizes faces all the time in nature, even when there is none.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If that is real, then maybe this thread belongs in UFO after all. That looks like an alien from another world!! My husband couldn't look at it. You could see what looks like a rib cage. That is creepy. And that tail!! That's a nightmare maker. Thanks for posting that strange sea creature.. More please!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pavil, thanks. I figured there had to be an explanation for that.

Here's a couple more I found whilst messing around.

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...#

The second looks like a decomposed version of the one in my earlier post. Still interesting. Funny how I read this thread then found that picture of the "thing" about ten minutes later. I wasn't even looking for that it just popped up with other stuff. Too bad I can't find the weird thing that was listed there earlier, a thing supposedly found in Russian ponds that no one knew what it was. Oh well.

If anyone has the Planet Earth series, there's some crazy stuff on that. There was one creature that looked like a cross between a lobster and a cockroach, totally devoid of pigment because it lived where there is no light at the bottom of the ocean. Creepy and disgusting it was. I really dislike roaches so maybe that's why I almost threw up. Crazy stuff on this planet, for sure.

Cool, I just found I still had the page up, here's the one I couldn't find.

www.liveleak.com...

I also came across this, it may be the creature from Planet Earth I was talking about.

images.google.com...://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14558/normal_isopod.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.unexp lained-mysteries.com/gallery/displayimage.php%3Falbum%3D15%26pos%3D0&h=400&w=515&sz=34&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=uReyFW2dFxRwiM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=131&prev=/ima ges%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Bisopod%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

images.google.com...://www.quartzcity.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/giant-isopod.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bockscar.de/blog/ind ex.php%3F/plugin/tag/list&h=350&w=480&sz=40&hl=en&start=78&um=1&tbnid=yFsSWQP6yzcTzM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dplanet%2Bearth%2Bdeep%2Bsea% 2Bcreatures%26start%3D60%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Scroll down in the second link to giant isopod. Yuck. The images in Planet Earth are from the top and it looks like it has the tail end of a lobster. Butt-ugly thing that scares the heck out of me.

Enjoy!!

EDIT: I'm gonna guess there's a better way of putting in links so they won't be that large? Would that be the button above that says hyperlink?

[edit on 6/10/2008 by TheLoony]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I use the world icon one. You give it name first then enter the site address (if you copy and paste it you will need to remove the original Http/).

Here is a fish they discovered off Antarctica
weird

and some more...ewww. check out the blob and snail fish

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Thanks, that's what I figured. Everything computer related just has to be a immense pain in my rear. If I ever get around to starting a thread here I'll probably have a conniption fit trying to figure it out. Anyway....

Yeah, the sea has some really wild creatures, eh? I saw a show a few years ago about deep sea creatures near the Galapagos Islands. Really cool stuff, lots of creatures never before seen. Many were translucent with glowing parts and stuff, just wild. If I ever find it on YouTube I'll post it but I have no idea what it was called. Love to see that one again.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This was my first thread, and so far I have only made one mistake.

Hopefully you will be able to find it again. It is amazing all the different shapes and sizes life comes in..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
it's a worm. those "fronds" catch particles in the water, and pull it down to the buried worm underneath. i just forget what kind it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

I was going to suggest some kind of tube worm. They can be very elaborate and colourful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join