It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so HOT, heatwave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
has the heatwave struck England?
my rooms like a oven,

anyone else from the UK feeling the heat.
i prefer the Rain and win, atleast i can wear warm clothes. :shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
LOL not hot for me at least. Only around 26-27 c. The clouds made things cool, and it aint gonna last. Check the weather on bbc. Also it has been wind and cold all year, it's about time we get some warm weather, but as usual it's only for like a couple of days.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I got used to over 40-45c everyday when I was visiting Morocco.

BUT I LOVE sleeping when its cold, cuddle up in some warm blankets, listen to the rain against the window, it just feels so relaxing. I like all weather I guess, except ones that kill of course.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It was 101 today.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
hmm...

Not that hot over here in the US...

Or at least in NorCal.... its been very pleasant here for a few weeks...

But we did have a heatwave about a month ago...

it was over 100 for a couple days...

100 is near unbearable...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

It wasnt that hot it was around 27 ºC = 80.6 ºF here in London. Pretty average for a hot day.

But I think people complain about heat because they are not "used" to it around here, so it feels like a shock.

When I was in morocco, I "almost" started to get used to daily tempratures of around 45 ºC = 113 ºF. It was HOT, but somehow you get used to it, and when it gets to 35 c or something, it feels cool haha.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm melting upstairs as I enter this post, too lazy to get up and turn on the fan to cool me down a bit. The wind is blowing, bending the trees and its branches every which way. Anyway, it's been warm until mid-afternoon but still hot for me.

San Jose Weather

Current conditions as of 3:53 pm PDT

Partly Cloudy
Feels Like:87°
Barometer:29.84 in and falling
Humidity:28%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:50°
Wind:NNW 21 mph
Sunrise:5:47 am
Sunset:8:28 pm

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
tommorws going to suck even more since i will be in a computer lab for 2 hours so the heat from the machines with 22°C (71°F) going to kill

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I found it very humid! im so tired from today,

Decided to go to the gym and the Air con was not working,

Though im getting a bit of a tan so i wont complain lol

weather is going to change come Weds, so dont worry to much

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

yeap, back to the Rain and wind

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
it's been africa hot here in NYC for 4 days now. it's supposed to cool down to the high 80's tomorrow - that'll feel like winter compared to the 100 degree heat the last few days have produced.

I don't mind the heat so much (spent 4 years in New Orleans so I've been trained well) but I don't enjoy walking around in it. yesterday I picked my daughter up from a friend's house at the end of the day. They live 5 blocks from my office and walking was the fastest way to get there thanks to there being no cross town subways and the busses would require a transfer wasting more time. Thus I walked. I was sweating in places no man should ever sweat.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All along the East Coast of the States it has been hot. I love it. I am like a reptile, I just sit in the sun and soak it up. The hotter the better. Cold weather will be here soon enough, enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

was that you I saw lying naked on the rock this morning?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ha, I actually just back from lunch. Usually on a nice sunny day there are plenty of people eating lunch outside. Not today, just me alone in the sun. I love it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok...

Its a little hot today....

Hotter then yesterday...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It was 98 degrees here in New York for the last two days. My 9 story school does not have any air conditioners.

You guys have it lucky.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not as hot in New York today.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
LOL not hot for me at least. Only around 26-27 c. The clouds made things cool, and it aint gonna last. Check the weather on bbc. Also it has been wind and cold all year, it's about time we get some warm weather, but as usual it's only for like a couple of days.

Pfff, 26C or 27C, thats our minimum in summer....lol

And i wouldnt want too much cloud during the night...it traps all the heat in meaning the nights gonna be warm and sticky usually too

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The radiators at my school were also turned ON the last two days too!

Heat Issues
by R. Asher

Please be advised that the Custodial Engineer is aware of the heat issues in the building. The boilers must be activated daily to comply with regulations and produce hot water for the kitchen to function.

The radiators being on in parts of the building is a result of a failed valve. They are actively trying to trace the line and find the valve in question. A team will be actively working on it after school hours since the heat must be activated again to complete the task.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
today in uk seems to have cooled right down.......bummer! i was just getting into the swing of summer!...... i lived in spain 5 years previous, and what were having is like a spanish winter!....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Columbus Ohio...

Friday - upper 90's with high humidity - so hot I was swelling no matter how much water and gatorade I drank.

Saturday - upper 90's with high humidity - I left the b/f's house to get a window air conditioner and movies. Refused any outdoor activities

Sunday - upper 90's humid as h-e- double hockey sticks. Only left the house to go to breakfast with the b/f

Monday - 97 degrees with high humidity. Left work early due to heat exhaustion.

Tuesday - cooler.. in the mid 80's with lower humidity and lots of cool air blowing.. I can handle this.

Wednesday -great this morning.. this afternoon I walked out of work and into the oven. I am currently planning a move to the Anarctica.

VV

top topics

<<   2 >>

join