It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Taking the Piss"...an article on Urine Therapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I stumbled across this and was quite amused simply by the title. As I read on the amusement turned to disgust, then to disbelief. Halfway through the article, I was in amazement....and half of me wanted to try it (the lower half.)

The article begins with a rather humorous proverb, which probably isn't referring to urine, but you never know!

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)

Not only is urine supposedly used to cure just about anything, including cancer, chemical intoxication, chicken pox, enteritis, constipation, and pneumonia..just to name a few...and I really do mean a few! Hlaf of the article is a giant list of what urine can help with!

Also, your skin? Always wonder why those asians have such beautiful skin? The answer might be a little more...fresh...than you might have thought:

"Some wash themselves in their own golden fluid to improve their skin quality. Many modern Japanese women are said to engage in urine bathing."

The article is not all dry...haha...dry....but will come with a little humor now and then:
"Urine is not quite the breakfast of champions..."

So after reading the article, have any of you been antsy to drink a jug of water and then....drink to your health?

"With such wondrous properties, it is amazing that science bothered developing medicine when it had the key to good health already in the bottle, so to speak. Each of us is a walking pharmacopoeia. "

The article goes on to talk about why more have not endorsed this golden opportunity, and have also given that urine (unles you have a disease) in generally non-toxic. A dash more humor is sprinkled in:

"In any case, just because something is not toxic does not mean it is good for you. Hair is not toxic, either, and even though it might be a good source of roughage, it is generally not desirable to put hair in food. "

But don't...err...jump right in just yet. It CAN be harmful, as the CHinese Assosciation of Urine Therapy (THIS EXISTS??? warns:
"Common symptoms include diarrhea, itch, pain, fatigue, soreness of the shoulder, fever, etc." but these symptoms are suually seen only in patients with serious medical conditions.

So why not?

I'm all for it! I think I'll go take a golden shower right now! Or maybe not. That's for the bowels to decide

Urine Therapy

The Urine Therapy Homepage

Taking The Piss- Is Urine Drinking a Good Idea?

Thoughts?

Didn't mean to gross anyone out, I actually find this amazing!

[Edited on 3-3-04 by Scat]

[Edited on 3-3-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I knew a lady who washed her hair with her first mornings urine because it made it really healthy supposedly. Buuutt, she also ate cat food. So i wouldnt take her too seriously.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
you go for it and let us know how it turns out, ok?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Im with Parhessia on this one , let us know if you get any good results from that golden shower.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I always thought we piss to get rid of the poisons in are body, if it's poison why would anyone bath in it?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
oh BTW

in survival situations u can drink ur own urine to stay alive...keeps u alive if u dont have liquid.

not everything in urine is poisnous...all it really is is water and batch of chemicals and other things like minerals and extra bi-produts of ur body.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If it cures all the things they said it does how has it been kept such a secret all these years? Like baldness I wonder if its too late now that I have gone nearly bald to start?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My grandfather told me a story about this. He was a russian soldier in WW2.

He knew about a boy captured by the Nazis, aboard a truck going to the concentration camp.
An old man was sitting next to him and told him that they were going to be sent to the gas chamber. He told him to piss on a cloth, and hold it against his mouth as a filter. The boy actually did that and survived the gas chamber, and just put into manual labour, and surviving.

I guess when you're faced with something like that, you'll try anything to stay alive.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We, as gymnasts, acquired 'rips' on the palms of our hands from using the uneven bars. Our coach recommended that we put urine on the sores to help them heal faster. I took his advice a couple of times, but luckily my hands were rough enough to avoid getting rips altogether.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know a couple of things about urine and something about how it has been used in defferent culture up through the ages in mystic rituals like drinking the urine from a woman who has been poisoned to death from eating deadly shrooms, in order to either reach higher realms of conciousness or as a remedy in war. Urine is also one of the most effective cures against itching moscito bites (never tried it though), it is also one of the best natural desinfection agents. If you are lost in the woods and you cut yourself or your horse or whoever, and you know that it will take long before you can get help to have it treated my a medic, simply piss on the wound from time to time, that way the wound will stay clean. Morning piss is also one of the most healthy nutrient coctails you could drink
, full of vitamins and stuff. Or should I say cocktails
This is supposed to be common among certain monk orders or something. As far as I know, astronauts recycle their urine by distilling it, but that's something else. But urine is probably one of the things in nature which has saved most people from dying in deserts from thirst.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
dude....come on! who in their right mind would even THINK of drinking their own urine let alone bath in it? if i wanna take a bath, it's soap and water for me.....and shampoo

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Either urine or you're out.

I'm out.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Have a respect for Skeptic Overlord underestimated genius and use SEARCH please...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You may always post in old thread...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos
Have a respect for Skeptic Overlord underestimated genius and use SEARCH please...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You may always post in old thread...

sorry! hahhaha, i havent been here since then

and silQ-

honestly.....i feel disturbed, because I too consider a shower to be of soap and water! but after reading that artice....im kinda...ya know.........intruiged as to see what this urine shower would be like.......YES I KNOW IM A FREAK! SORRY! ITS JUST SO TEMPTIMGLY DISGUSTING IM DRAWN TO IT!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i heard urine cured athletes foot. so i sprang a leak on my feet. it did not work. maybe i did not sprinkle enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hmm...sounds interesting, but don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon. I'm sure drinking your own urine couldn't be good for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
well sheesh...ive made up my mind....

im totally doing it.

im am putting uring in my shampoo and im seeing if it does anything. this is the most disgusting thing ive ever done.

when in actuality...when yout hink about it........the thought of our own urine seems so disgusting...yet (pardon the crude language) jacking off isnt?

hmmmmmmm...........

ok well, ive decided. neither one is nasty. if i do one them im doin both!

guess that means golden shampoo in the morning! ill tell yall how it turns out!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
wow...are you serious?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Shoktek........sadly.....YES! i am dead serious. i wont do it tomorrow because i wont be home (thank allah!) but ill try it sometime this weekend and get back to yall. i almost wish i was lying..ooo that makes me gotta go right now! later!

top topics

join