It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is turning into a cult?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Okay we all have an interests in prophecy and the rapture theory and stuff, but this has a date on it and it feels almost like that suicide cult Heavens Gate all over again. People like Heavens Gate are thinking a Celestrial gate is going to open and everyone is acting like they should be on self defence prepared like its a Nuclear war and be ready. Okay its interesting but at the same time don't let it rule your life if it ever gets that far. Bible Prophecy is based on events and signs while dates are not mentioned. It kind of feels people getting paranoid and agitated over this 2012 date that we can not be so sure of. Once that passes I hope people go back to their Bibles to find out the deceptions from other Babylonian cultures for what they are.

The Mayans are just another tribe that were seperated at the tower of Babel as described from the Bible, God spread them out and confused their language. These traibes all built Pyramids and sacrificed people to the Gods which are the Angels to open up heavens gateway. This is my theory anyway and you can see why so many Pyramids all over the world did the same thing which involves life and death and some form of Serpent.

Try not to make 2012 turn into some cult people but keep your views wide and cross reference for the truth and don't cause mass panic for 2012 as 4 years of build up is at hand and it can turn into any shape in which it can be negative on society while some nutter turns it into some cult.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Before I make some lengthy reply:

Are you saying that 2012 is cult like, yet using the bible to help push this point?

I may believe that 2012 is a bunch of hype, but it seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It's not turning to a cult, but many people are feeling that something is approaching, something big, something dark. If feelings are the meaning of a cult, yes, it's a cult. But after feelings never were a cult, it's not and never will be.

Something will happen. i.e. in my country, Hungary, yesterday we had the 11th tornado in this year, while we didn't have a single one before 2008. There were many tornadoes which hit large U.S. cities in this year (Atlanta, New York, Washington just to mention a few.). Plus, while there were usually one, maybe two 6+ earthquakes in a year, now there was many in a row, just in this year (i.e. yesterday there was one 6+ in Greece. China got another one a month ago. And there were many others.). And no, not the so called "official version of climate change" is doing it, because climate change don't produces earthquakes. Unfortunately these are the facts. Something is happening with mother Gaia and we're in the middle of it.

Older tribes, nations, such as the Native Americans and others knows quite more about this then the current, so called civilized west. My nation is also one of the oldest and many in my country feels that something is also happening, but this is just the awakening tempest on the horizon. The older nations are already preparing for it. I believe it would be better if you would do the same. If nothing will happen, at least you can say that we avoided it and everyone is mistaken. But as I see the current facts, we cannot avoid something, which is already started.

By the way, if you don't believe in spiritualism, you don't have to, but I also advise to take a look on Angel and Demon sightings. These sightings are more then tripled since the last year.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
By the way I believe in the Bible and super natural and most things I am just pointing out how maybe somethings could get out of control.

A good movie is the Happenning and that could bring people to be more in the mood of thought.

This reply maybe a day late but I was trying to come up with a discussion to make sure people don't go down the wrong way with it like some suicide pack that will say the end of the world is 2012 lets have as much fun as possible to then and die. It does not take much for one to form from it like all beliefs systems have some extreamist or cult versions of it.

Guess its more a question will the momentum turn it into a cult or something and that is what should be avoided and hope people have some plan B for the future anyway but hope people don't go overboard either.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

IMO our government is more of a cult, so who are people who attend church for that matter. In any case I don't believe 2012 theory is a cult, we have no organization, we don't attend meetings, there are no initiation rites. 2012 is more about understanding your power as an individual within a community that is global, science meets prophesy etc. As for those who are planning for world domination, that is a cult.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hope people dont get out of touch with reality like that cult group did with the ufo following behind the comet.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Try not to make 2012 turn into some cult people but keep your views wide and cross reference for the truth and don't cause mass panic for 2012 as 4 years of build up is at hand and it can turn into any shape in which it can be negative on society while some nutter turns it into some cult.

There will be many people out there who would turn 2012 into some Heavens Gate-esque cult within next couple of years, marking December 22nd 2012 by "returning to the Mothership" or some other crazy idea.

...and then, there will be those, who would commit mass suicide on December 23rd 2012 - after seeing that none of their predictions and expectations came true.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That is what I'm am worried about, maybe a 12Monkey's scenario with some freak cult deciding to try and stop 2012 and yet fullfil it.

I'm just concerned really and thought it's a valid thought, anyway there has been an increase of suicides in one part of the UK and not sure why this is going on. People on the internet are becoming suicidle and getting strange ideas and hope that if some date like 2012 does not freak people out unless its true. But even so hope people stay calm about it.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think in order for it to really be a successful cult it needs to have more organization. Some kind of structure where some 2012 stuff is incorporated and some is eliminated to make it more coherent.

As it is, there are all kinds of wild 2012 claims floating around, and some of them are in conflict. For instance, we can't have the Rapture taking all the best Christians away at the same time the aliens are coming to pick up all their carefully selected abductees. That's going to mess everything up. There are a number of these things out there adding confusion.

What stupid people need is a strong, charismatic leader who will be able to get people together, sort out the best of the crazy theories and incorporate them into a simple, solid message that people can get behind and an organization donate all their money to. That's what a cult is all about, after all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Everyone is now is thinking the rapture is happenning at random seperate times, since when have people been thinking this, I've just figured that is also possible since Jesus says he can come at anytime so it maybe the case.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What if the Scientologists or the Mormons decide on a break away from this sort of thing with 2012. I mean they both have Alien idology when you delve deep into it. 2012 could be a good year for them to flame their agenda if anything goes a bit odd during that time but they are not the suicide types anyway. The only thing gained would be religious prophecy coming into play and who's side of the story you will take. I mean if anything apocaliptic came into play people will have to take sides and will split into their own groups anyway. Will it create chaos? It might and with deception as forewarned of the end times many will not follow what ever current trend there is to see.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just to update since reading here that a Girl commited suicide thinking the Cern experiment was the end of the world. But obviouly it takes many more steps to go that far i think. But like CERN and the 2012 doomday date, will people be just the same?

I think you will find people doing loopy things because of the increasing awareness of 2012 Mayan prophecy and many peoples will behave in different ways once its hyped up more. So just to add meat to this post its not so ridiculous as it sounds. Maybe not cults but actual indivual suicides and probably wierd rituals occuring.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Yes, that's what I was saying all along. 2012 will turn in Heaven's Gate 2.0

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If you are a fan of the X-files and Mulder, here is a video I did of the X-Files premiere in London. Hope you like it and who ever else is a fan out there.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Many things have and have yet to be said about 2012.

I have felt a change but Im not sure if its heralding the end of the world, more of a change in the world. A change in the way we think, act and behave. As for its all turning into a cult? Only if you let it, only if you get so caught up in it you forget whats its all really about. For me 2012 is simple, its all about love and our ability to accept it unconditionally. For it is this new frequency of energy that has been sent to change us.

Ive had some wierd stuff pushed my way and Ive had trouble sorting through it all, but in the end I just followed my heart and found my own personal answer to 2012. This is all we need to do, no cult is needed. As this date approaches (which I am NOT tied down to) Im sure I'll get more wierd far out stuff sent my way for sure, as we all will.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
2012 is also being turned into a movie by Roland Emmerich, the man who brought us classics such as Independence Day, 10000 BC, and the Day After Tomorrow.

Which pretty much makes it official - if Hollywood has decided to cash in and make a summer blockbuster about all this, it's pretty clear that nothing will happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
2012 is also being turned into a movie by Roland Emmerich, the man who brought us classics such as Independence Day, 10000 BC, and the Day After Tomorrow.

Which pretty much makes it official - if Hollywood has decided to cash in and make a summer blockbuster about all this, it's pretty clear that nothing will happen.

That couldn't be further from the truth. If the elitest controlled Hollywood is making a movie about it, that means they want to warp our opinions to think what they want us to about whatever particular subject they put in front of the populations eyes.

While it's very feasible that 2012 could be socially engineered, it's also equally feasible that the elites are spreading disinformation and false stories about 2012 as well. What 12.21.12 said is completely spot on. No one is drinking 2012 kool-aid like people drink the Bible's kool-aid or the government's kool-aid.

People that have been meditating and studying consciousness can feel the shift. What no one is telling you is that the shift is beginning in 2011 and completeing in 2012. If you're not connected to your spirituality and your true authentic self, there's no way you'd ever comprehend the feeling. But that's the key part: feeling it.

Find your right brain. It's full of intuition and is vital to balance the left brain constant rationality. If you only think by logic, you're only using half of your capabilities.

Peace

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
hey:-)

2012? Maybe it will happen, maybe not.

I like the post from alienstar.
Yes, we are the crazy, who fly behind the comet...

oh..

2012 the maya-calender stop
but
I dont know it real, but there stands in the bible nothing about this.
Of course, the end of the world, education, but no 2012.

Oh forget... there stands only something from a new star.
You know, the same star which saw jesus...

This is all..

friendly

Nia

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light

People that have been meditating and studying consciousness can feel the shift. What no one is tell you is that the shift is beginning in 2011 and completeing in 2012. If you're not connected to your spirituality and your true authentic self, there's no way you'd ever comprehend the feeling. But that's the key part: feeling it.

Find your right brain. It's full of intuition and is vital to balance the left brain constant rationality. If you only think by logic, you're only using half of your capabilities.

Peace

Yes meditation can open many doors into whats happening. To connect to your inner spirit is very important. Inner being and inner love. I have felt this change for a while now, I struggled with it, I did not understand it, I actually feared it at one point. We must totally accept and surrender to this new feeling we are being sent. To question it with logic and reason does not help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join