It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't see any of his posts!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't like the fact I can't see any of his posts anymore; I liked his posts. Whatever he did, I don't think it should effect his previous posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The user can still post but it would in vain cos noone will see his posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think something more akin to a 48 hour ban would be more effective than a global ignore, since they are basically the same thing. I did notice a lack of NEO-ness in several high-strung threads, and would think that whatever he did, we all should be over it by now and give him another chance. If he screws up again, well, he can't say you didn't warn him.

EDIT: This isn't meant as a criticism of the Mod staff, just my opinion.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That I disagree with...His previous posts should be availible unless they specifically contain things that are inappropriate...

We should see what he had said before..not completly erase his past...actually I REALLY DONT LIKE THAT AT ALL

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think Eo has a point, a temp ban makes more sense than just ignoring someone, to just ignore seems sort of like a slap in the face to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
edit

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thats sort of abusive isnt it Mcgotti?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
lol

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Calling me something derogatory outside of my given name would be abusive to me, its called respect, I think every person deserves that much.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ya well you didnt mind it when neo was calling me a satanist did you??? last time I checked my givin name wasnt "satanist" so I fail to see your reasoning when you said not one word to him about his actions yet you have no problem with him calling me out and saying im a satanist?...

Hypocrits are everywhere around me..im sick of it

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would like to be able to read theneo's posts. I know the forum staff is doing it for the betterment of ATS, but some members such as me were not bothered by his posts. I think there should be a way for individual users to un ignore people who are on global ignore. I really do not want to see theneo leave ATS but he said he might if he does not get more respect. theneo's actions that got him put on global ignore could be construed as being a jackass and a whiner, but i did not view it that way. He was expressing his opinion, which was different than a lot of the members on ATS had. If he is not taken of global ignore please see if there is a way for individual members to un-ignore him.

Forum staff you are doing a great job so dont take any of that personaly ok.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
IMHO, it just shouldnt happen on a board like this where topics of a diverse nature are discussed on a common basis. the idea behind this board is to share information and ideas, correct? or is it more like the monitoring of the exchange of ideas?

what did he say that got him the global ignore? at least tell me what the basic motive was taht was behind this form of censorship?

i'd also like to ask, in addition to those before me, to have this global ignore option placed under consideration by your esteemed staff members.

the people here already have the option of filtering out the information or ideas that they don't like, and to have something like a global version of this on this board is similar to saying "go back to bed. everything is fine. we aer in control. forget about it. shutup. go back to bed." Quite simply, it is overkill and unnecessarily provocative, dont you think?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mcgotti, I was never aware of Neo calling you anything he shouldn't have been calling you and if he did then he was wrong, no doubt about that, I am only going by what I am reading in front of me, Im not a mod, censor or anything like that but Im only speaking about what was said right in this thread. I am thankful I can say that I have never disrepected or called anyone other than their name as I know it, and its really time for that much respect to be given all members here and there would be a lot less of the BS that goes on, but thats just my opinion take it however you wish, and believe me Ive disagreed with many a member on the board since Ive been here, most times I just pass on the thread if I see a major problem where it would carry into some kind of feud not worthy of pursuing.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Global ignore is used when a member is either behaving in a consistently abusive manner towards other members or when they are spamming/trolling ATS.

It's not something used on a whim.

-B.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hated Neo because of his blatant hypocrisy and his attemps at baiting people into fights and then acting like he was all innocent..

but I dont think his previous posts should be unreadable....that is information control

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ohhhh... so it's an anti-spamming, anti-flaming, peace-kepping application. well, that does make me feel better, so thank you, Banshee. in terms of that, keep up the good work with keeping this board free of chaotic BS

but it's still a double-egded sword, and I honestly hope it's not used to restrict information. i really like this board and think it is the best one out there. no buttkissing intended, as this is how I really feel and have felt since I registered in August

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Just to clarify Mcgotti, Im not taking Neos side as I sure know how he could get under someones skin, just that Id like to see more unity amongst all of us here. Hope you take no offense at my posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeah umm, I'm having difficulty understanding a topic because his posts aren't there... this ignore thing needs a little bit of work.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Global ignore is used when a member is either behaving in a consistently abusive manner towards other members or when they are spamming/trolling ATS.

It's not something used on a whim.

-B.

Yes I know it is used for that reason and yes theneo was being abusive towards me somewhat; but I did not care. If I did not want to read what theneo was saying I would either not read his post or put him on ignore. I did none of those because I wanted to keep on reading his posts. I think each individual member of ATS should be able to make the decision if they want to read posts such as ones made by theneo. If there is a way to un-ignore theneo for me I would really appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Just to clarify Mcgotti, Im not taking Neos side as I sure know how he could get under someones skin, just that Id like to see more unity amongst all of us here. Hope you take no offense at my posts.

I am not "offended" by anyone...but I just find a huge amount of bias and hypocrisy going on all around here and just get tired of it....

but of coarse..its IMO

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join