It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Optimistic !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nowadays I keep hearing people talking about the end of the world, how we will be consumed by nuclear warfare, how we will meet a bitter end.
I keep seeing all these posts about the end of the world in 2012, about how various religious books such as the Bible predict that mankind will meet their end. The return of Jesus and so on and so forth.

I'm sorry but all this really makes me think that a lot of people have lost faith in mankind, and in doing so, we have lost faith in ourselves. Why do we no longer believe that we can still make it right ? Why are so many of us waiting for God to come down in 2012 and set everything right. Let me remind you : " God helps those who help themselves " ! If God really wanted to destroy all evil, he could have done it long ago. I believe there is a reason why he hasn't. He is giving us the chance to correct ourselves, he believes that there is still good in us. If he believes in us, why don't we believe in ourselves ?! It is our responsibility to correct our mistakes, and a gut feeling tells me that God would be very disappointed to see so many of us lose faith in ourselves, to concede defeat.
I urge all of you avoid sitting back and waiting for God. God speaks through us. The Human race will survive ! We will not let it crumble. If something profound is going to happen in 2012, it will not be our destruction, it will be the destruction of all things that kept us from reaching our full potential. 2012 may not be the end after all, only a new beginning.

Now please I don't mean to sound like a preacher, but I want to get some good vibes going. We can work together for a better tomorrow, thats what being human is all about.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think web sites like ATS represent the global masses. I believe there are a proportion of people, world wide, who are so set in their ways, that they will never see the light. Saying that, I think the largest proportion of people, globally speaking, are honest, law abiding citizens. Very many people have never heard of sites like ATS and others, so never join in the debates.
So the negative threads are from people, who for one reason or another believe in doom and gloom. I agree with what you are saying and I personally think our world will go on and on, but if there is to be a drastic shift in global consciousness, then I think, and hope it will be for the betterment of mankind.

new topics

join