It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sts 48 smoking gun ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
can someone please tell me why this is a smoking gun video ?

my observations are ...

* the flash before the alleged missile is launched ?

what could create so much light on earth or in space at such a distance away that it blinds the camera ?

sorry - to me the flash is something close to the shuttle and is a thruster firing

* the movement of the alleged ufo and rocket

tell me what rockot on earth has the capability of that much speed ? going by the view it goes about 1000 miles in less than a second and thats as its leaving the atmosphere

* the ufo movement

why do other dots in the picture all accellerate or change direction at the same time?

i have read a few sites about the proof of this and it looks to me like people see what they want , if ufos are capable of 1) crashing into planes and surviving , 2) dissabling nuclear missiles , 3) able to change speed / direction at an instant etc why would it shoot off into space when a missile is launched ?

as far as i see in this video , its something in space close to the shuttle that moves when thrusters are used to stabilise orientation or maybe even the toilet ejection

any feedback on this to popular beliefs with some evidence to back up ?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my god my spelling is bad - should lay off the beer next time i decide to post

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
maybe its just a issue regarding scale. Whats to say the "missile" or "UFO" isn't 1 foot/metre/etc. away from the camera?

Space debri? maybe. Tiny space debri? maybe.

Things just seem to happen at the right moment in that clip. If it is a booster going off, it would explain how a tiny piece of debri would change course so quickly given that it could be very close to the booster.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
damn and sts-48 was the only thing i ever thought interesting about UFO's or the possibility that there may be something to UFO's. someone has to shoot down everything i find interesting anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Film, video, and photo evidence will never be a "smoking gun" for UFOs. Otherwise the public would know exactly what they are already.

The smoking guns (plural, not singular) lie in government documented UFO events that the public has access to. Documented incidents like the 1956 Bentwaters AFB event, the 1957 RB-47 UFO encounter, the 1965 Edwards AFB incident, the 1975 SAC bases incidents (of which NORAD publicly annouced as happening), and the 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident. These types of things prove UFOs are real and not some figment of the imagination or some unknown natural phenomenon.

As far as the STS-48 video is concerned, Dr. John C. "Jack" Kasher who is professor emeritus of physics and astronomy at the University of Nebraska (and head of MUFON in Nebraska) used his background to prove that what was shown on the video was not ice particles and was in reality intelligently controlled objects much farther away from the camera (meaning UFOs). Now of course, debunkers say that because Dr. Kasher put his findings in a book that was for sale rather than publish them for free in a scientific journal, that his findings are bull# for profit lies. There has yet to be any other debunking of his claims though. Just the money thing. Either nobody wants to or cares to refute him on a scientific level.

Some people may read this post of mine and ask if the documents I propose are smoking guns why isn't there any action taken by Congress to find out the truth? From what I have read, action has been attempted in the past and stifled. NICAP almost had it happen back in the 60s with Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter (formerly the director of the CIA) backing it. The subject was dropped and that was it (mostly due to the AF sponsored bull# investigation that is known as the Condon Committee). Today we have groups like The Disclosure Project lobbying Congress to get the investigation started, but as of yet to no avail.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The people that do not believe the evidence will never believe the evidence even thought there is sufficient evidence for them to choke on.
That�s okay, we that can understand the evidence will leave those that don�t understand back reading the hen scratching on the bathroom wall while concerning themselves with toilet ejections.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't know if this helps, but I saved the bookmark. Here it is (FYI):
Nebraska MUFON

They seem to reference STS-48, James Oberg, and "killing the live feed". Evidence of a coverup proving authenticity? You be the judge.

Highlight--
"...they will include copy of actual orders to intercept the civilian channel feed that went out after the STS-48 mission flap which put a damper on the " Live feed" to all the federally funded educational data bases around the world, not just the U.S.. The images being returned from all the Shuttle missions are not in real time now . . ."

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sure looks like ice particles until the camera at the end of the video zooms in on one. Nasa sure has an intrest in ice particles.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here's a quote from a book which sums up that video:

"belief and expectancy themselves actually create phenomena, rather than the other way around"

The Stargate Conspiracy

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Amazing for ice particles to show maneuverability.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If anyone can make it, MUFON will be having their annual meeting in Denver, Colorado. David Sereda will be speaking about NASA ufos at that conference. His website is www.ufonasa.com....
I'm sure he will probably speak some on this topic.
He is also going to speak at ColoradoMufon's monthly meeting in April. www.comufon.org...

MUFON's Annual Meeting

top topics

join