It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very Clear ORB in my Picture!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Most of you that know me understand that I don't post paranormal pics or try and entice the forum with sensational ideas concerning the paranormal. I certainly believe in these metaphysical things, however understanding is perceptional and individualized.

That said, I built and operate (for only a few more weeks thank god) a modern medical diagnostic imaging center in Los Angeles. We are having lecture next week with a group of doctors educating them of CTA, which are virtual coronary artery exams.

The technology is equivalent to angioplasty, where a cardiologists opens you up and sticks a casmera in your arteries to see their health and level of calcium buildup (Coronary Artery Disease). However, with the 64 slice CT the same exam can be created without ever touching you.

This thread obviously isn't about the fascinating technology, as much as it was about the CTA lecture, and the fact that I was taking pictures for a power point presentation. Upon developing the picture, I noticed a very blatant ORB within the center of the CT gantry.

I am posting to get the ATSers help in figuring out this anomaly, it has not been touched, retouched, photoshopped or cropped. This is the exact picture.

Tell me what you guys think it is...

AAC

mod edit- photos

[edit on 7-6-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It almost looks electrical in origin. Maybe it has something to do with the magnets in the machine and how film is developed.

Was the machine on recently prior to that picture?

Or it's a sprite or highly advanced being

[edit on 7-6-2008 by careface]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

No magnets, that's an MRI. CT uses radiation, however this machine had not been warmed up yet, and the center was not even opened. I didn't mean to say develop because it is a digital camera and was uploaded to my computer.

AAC

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I keep trying to view the picture again but you "fixed" your first "broken" link into a true broken link now

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I cant seem to follow the link you have provided so sadly i cant see the picture.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

I am having trouble posting the actual pic to the page. In its actual size it is so clear, however this link has made the pic smaller.
Any help?

AAC

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is the original picture:

(The ats tags work great for posting a picture or img with the [] [/] around the word ats.

You have quite an interesting picture here AAC. I can't say what it is...I have seen several 'orbs' in pictures before, and the one time I believed it to be real involved an Anasazi burial ground. That was freaky let me tell you...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
edit- Don't worry about it!

kidding! double post

[edit on 7-6-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I can also vouch for this members honesty as I have known him for many years and I used to work at the facility where this photo was taken.

I also really don't get into orb photos...but this seens to be some sort of something moving and not your typical orb. Also this machine was not powered up so I don't think it would be any type of radiation exposure. This is truly strange. Is also doesn't appear to be any type of dust reflection either.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Interesting. Well, flash reflections don't assume such shapes, and the picture would have to be a long exposure (which it's clearly not) if it was to capture a moving light. I would have to verify that by looking at the original file and checking the shutter speed. So, that rules out the only two things I think it could be. Looks like you really have something paranormal here. You say the picture hasn't been cropped, yet the anomaly is right in the center of the frame. That's weird too.

[edit on 2008/6/8 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How many pictures did you take of the MRI, AAC? If there were more, did they also have this pattern of light in the center of them?

Technology with magnets that also emits radio frequency waves have displayed odd phenomena before. John Kanzius' cancer busting machine -- which works by putting out high-level energy radio waves to heat up nano-particles inside an organism -- has also displayed odd phenomena, such as turning saltwater flammable. Perhaps the MRI, even if turned off, is causing some sort of anomaly in your camera. I'm sure it receives electricity on a standby mode even if powered off. I've seen the power supply units for some of those machines and they are gargantuous.

Off the subject, what radiology center is it (if you don't mind saying or U2Uing me with)? I'm only curious because I do printing work for one of my customers, which consists of several radiology centers in Los Angeles.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks for taking a look Steve. I figured you could have some insight to the image. All my intentions were to do was to take a picture of the size of the gantry for larger patients, or claustrophobic patients.

I did not notice this until I transfered to Iphoto from cannon camera.

Also, it is important to note that this is NOT an MRI system. It is a 64 Slice Toshiba Aquilion CT machine, with a price tag at around 1.4 million USD. Perhaps at that cost, it comes with its own spirit guide.

I will post more pics of machine I took...

AAC

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

www.titanimaging.com What centers do you do print for?

AAC

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This was a picture I took right after the previous one.

This is the MRI, and yes the power supply has its own room for machines and chillers.

AAC

[edit on 8-6-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is our beautiful lobby.

AAC

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Valley Radiology and their other locations.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Looks like what happens when a camera is moved as the picture is being taken; when 'points' of light and reflections look like they are being dragged through the picture.

My avatar is an example of it...but to a more extreme degree (slow shutter speed as we pulled through a stop light on a busy road).

edit: the small lights, which are doing exactly as the object in your image is, are too difficult to see at such a small size. that aside, it is a relativley common effect and gets used in popular media all the time.

[edit on 6/8/0808 by spines]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There is not any movement when the picture was taken, also, there isn't any light in the center of the CT gantry. The pic in your avatar is of a street light that has been bled with tracers, imo.

I don't really know though, wish I understood your assertion better perhaps.

AAC

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The image appears to be made on the wall behind the machine (near the corner of the wall).
In your non-orb photo there seems to be some reflection on that wall but more dispersed and truly "ring" shaped. Is it possible that a concentrated reflection is occurring on that wall in the orb photo?
I looked and the metal ring at the far end of the machine could be responsible. If light were tunneled through just right....
in the orb photo (close up) you can see the metal ring glinting...

If you could take another pic at the same time of day you might get the same effect (assuming the light source was natural).

[edit on 8-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And WHO wants to be the first one in THAT scanner?

What about en.wikipedia.org...

Or piezo-electric and electromagnetic anomalies?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join