It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Suspends Campaign, Endorses Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Clinton Suspends Campaign, Endorses Obama

www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton ended her historic campaign for the presidency on Saturday and told supporters to unite behind rival Barack Obama, closing out a race that was as grueling as it was groundbreaking.

The former first lady, who as recently as Tuesday declared herself the strongest candidate, gave Obama an unqualified endorsement and pivoted from her role as determined foe to absolute ally.

"The way to continue our fight now to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama, the next president of the United States," she said in a speech before cheering supporters packed into the ornate National Building Museum, not far from the White House she longed to govern from.

"Today as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him and I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me," the New York senator said in her 28-minute address.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well I have to say I am surprised... I was expecting faint praise and a half hearted endorsement but she actually gave what could possibly be her best speech ever.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Would this have anything to do with the Bilderberger sp) meeting at all?
Seems to have just up and given up right after that meeting...hmmmm...
Gracefully and all

I dont care because i think they're just puppets too, but everything just kind of goes hand-in-hand, doesnt it?

I wonder how the Manchurian candidate will work out?
Will he even make it to the White HOuse?
Will Bush stay as decider?
Stay tuned.

join