It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

painbody attack, going postal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this russian dude was interacting with a co-worker then suddenly whacks him on the head with both hands. Looks like a (eckhart tolle's) painbody attack. They had to taser the guy.

I was feeling sleepy but when I saw this video it woke me up completely.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by reject]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Looks like a keyboard or something he whacks him with. I wonder why he got so upset. Dude goes crazy.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Look at the work environment. My guess is there is high pressure and low reward, and always the corporate social standards that make any show of weakness a termination-worthy offense. Honestly, the sheer meaninglessness of chasing after the adoration of one's peers and constantly having to position one's self to avoid embarrassment is just too much for a sane person to bear. There is a social norm that is reinforced by one's interaction with friends, colleagues, television media, and advertising, and then there is a little voice in one's head that says, "What the hell am I doing here?" If the pressure inside rises, but the lid is tightly secured to the top of the pot, an explosion will ensue. Just look at what he did. He violated every social taboo in his outburst. I'm thinking that he might have actually been the sanest man in the room, but he saw no way out of his plight. The animal inside of him took over and solved the problem by burning his bridges. He found a way out.

On the other hand, I do not look at the other males in that room as ideal examples of manhood. It's especially funny when someone from management peeks out of his office and then darts back inside to avoid trouble. Is anyone else appalled by how long it took for the collective testosterone level to rise to the occasion? As a person who has worked on construction sites and websites, I can tell you that blue collar men would have handled that situation much sooner.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i heard this was just viral marketing from some upcoming movie and it was actually just a scene in the movie filmed from a different angle. Ill see if i can find the article.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

I agree completely.
Real or not, that video was theraputic. : )
At least he didn't have a gun.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
Look at the work environment. My guess is there is high pressure and low reward, and always the corporate social standards that make any show of weakness a termination-worthy offense. Honestly, the sheer meaninglessness of chasing after the adoration of one's peers and constantly having to position one's self to avoid embarrassment is just too much for a sane person to bear. There is a social norm that is reinforced by one's interaction with friends, colleagues, television media, and advertising, and then there is a little voice in one's head that says, "What the hell am I doing here?" If the pressure inside rises, but the lid is tightly secured to the top of the pot, an explosion will ensue. Just look at what he did. He violated every social taboo in his outburst. I'm thinking that he might have actually been the sanest man in the room, but he saw no way out of his plight. The animal inside of him took over and solved the problem by burning his bridges. He found a way out.

On the other hand, I do not look at the other males in that room as ideal examples of manhood. It's especially funny when someone from management peeks out of his office and then darts back inside to avoid trouble. Is anyone else appalled by how long it took for the collective testosterone level to rise to the occasion? As a person who has worked on construction sites and websites, I can tell you that blue collar men would have handled that situation much sooner.

Yeah.
Let him go work in Africa, China or India where they work hard for $2 a day.
His Life must be so hard...really...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I didn't say the work was too hard. I'm saying the culture is suppressive and then there is that whole meaninglessness part. It isn't about hard physical labor versus air-conditioned office work.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Vista's got people going nuts all over. Imagine the Russian version.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
reply to post by buds84

I didn't say the work was too hard. I'm saying the culture is suppressive and then there is that whole meaninglessness part. It isn't about hard physical labor versus air-conditioned office work.

I agree. On a construction site, this wouldn't happen. I remember one site in particular where nobody was safe.

There was a slow mover nailing sheathing on the roof who caught the foreman's attention. The foreman went up to fire him.

The guy continued to nail as the foreman talked. Then the foreman got a little nasty and leaned in to make a point.

The guy calmly put the nail gun to the foreman's chest, pulled the trigger, and went back to work.

After his hospital visit, there was no more talk of firing anyone.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
And by the way, that's not a painbody attack, THAT is spontaneous awakening happening before our eyes.

new topics

top topics

join