It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Mccain be another Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Appears people have mixed feeling about John Mccain on here.Just exactly why do people think if hes elected hes going to run the country just like Bush did?I think he has a pretty good agenda going and sounds like he has set forth plans on national security and iraq to just namer a few.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

why don't you tell us how McCain is going to be different and then we wont think he is going to be another Bush.

name one specific thing that distinguishes a difference between the two ?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You aren't going to find huge differences between McCain or ANY of the GOP contenders and president Bush. Why? Because they ran on the Republican party platform, not Bush's. In much the same manner, Obama's platform does not stray significantly from that from his own party.

As for a difference with Bush, one very noticeable difference is McCain's stance on global warming, where he's much more receptive to arguments in favor of limiting CO2 emissions than the current administration.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
YES!!!, from his own words it will be what we have now. More war, more spying on Americans, continued assaults against the constitution in the name of security, more corporatism more corruption.

But really does it matter anymore who we choose?

[edit on 7-6-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Was bush another clinton was clinton another bush....................................

space man why don't you up into space man

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

can you show me where McCain was receptive to these idea's before he started campaigning ? and what if anything has he actually done to reduce global warming ?

being receptive seems to me to be a ploy to get votes,
any of the candidates are going to say what you want to hear.

i still dont see anything different about McSame.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That's up to you as a voter to judge. You asked for a difference and, well, he's clearly stating a difference. Whether he holds true to that position if elected, I have no idea.

I'd also point out that many on the right are saying something similar; McCain has only taken a sharp turn toward their viewpoint since he began campaigning. Lets not forget that this is also a man who has made a habit in the last 8-10 years of angering conservatives.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Personally I think he's going to be worse than Bush. Obama and Hillary are in the same boat together. Hillary would of course will not make it. Obama I'm just kind of wondering if there will be an assination attempt if he does get elected, I don't know if it's the reason that he's black, or what.

But one thing I'll do, is not buy McCains' french fries. No offence or anything Harrision. It's just that the company logo that spells McCain reminds me of the future pres.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Shrukin89]

new topics

top topics

join