It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Personal Sighting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I haven’t posted here on ATS for many months now. The reason? I simply tired of the place. I grew weary of the juvenile excitement shown over dreadful Youtube videos. I was fed-up of the elation derived from photos of dust particles and rain drops. I lost patience with the sycophantic drivel directed towards bogus ufo maharishis like Meier, Greer and Gilliland despite the fact that they all present overtly fake imagery as the real deal – (remember the wedding cake, remember mothra, remember blue tac and bead!)

Because of this I spent less time fixed to the monitor of my pc and more time out doors and this resulted in my own personal bona fide sighting.

It was a triple sighting and took place over a period of a scant few seconds. It happened last November -it was early evening the sky was dark, with scattered broke cloud- and was also witnessed by my brother – indeed it was he who drew my attention to the first object.

This was a solid red triangular object travelling across the sky at above-cloud altitude; it’s size was about that of a high altitude airliner but moved at a much greater speed. When this disappeared in the distance I scanned the sky and two more objects appeared over the roof of my house directly overhead. These two objects were formed of three very distinctive red lights in a triangular formation and they travelled side by side -they were of a size similar to the first object. What was most intriguing about them was that one was actually rotating. Within moments they were lost behind clouds but the brief sighting was jaw-dropping.

Despite the fact that I own a digital stills camera and a digital video camera the event had finished before I even had time to think about using them. Minutes later we took my video camera and walked to a recreation ground away from the light pollution should anything else make an appearance, but nothing did.

Following the sighting I texted and emailed friends to let them know what I’d witnessed. One gave me a website address and suggested that I report it there which I did and included some basic art work for illustrative purposes.

report here

The date was November 2nd (2007), a time of year in the UK when the skies are filled with fireworks. Though it would be nice if we had observed extraterrestrial craft my belief is that they were terrestrial, possibly experimental military types and flown deliberately at that time of year so any witness reports could be put down to 'misidentified sky-rockets'.

Curiously, two days after the event my brother alerted me to their return. It was around mid day and when I went to see I was astonished to observe a cluster of red objects moving across the sky. It took only a moment to realise they were small balloons but despite their prosaic nature I tried to video them (I learned then just how difficult it is to pick out small airborne objects when using a video camera that only has a 2.5 inch lcd monitor!).

Perhaps I was somewhat paranoid (had my emails or texts been intercepted?!) but I did wonder whether the release of these red balloons was deliberate – another ‘straightforward explanation’ as to what was previously observed.

For myself the most interesting part of the sighting was the rotating triangle. This may have been observed and reported before but I don’t recall seeing such.

Make of this what you will.

For me it was a genuine and remarkable experience (I would have serioulsy thought I had dreamt it had it not been for a second witness being present).

For you, dear reader it is simply another anecdote that sadly lacks any solid evidence!

People in the UK keeps your eyes on the skies come next bonfire night!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Cool account, torsion. The rotating triangle is fascinating, but the solid red triangle is too. Flying objects that are fully self-luminous really get my mind pumping about.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

I haven’t posted here on ATS for many months now. The reason? I simply tired of the place. I grew weary of the juvenile excitement shown over dreadful Youtube videos. I was fed-up of the elation derived from photos of dust particles and rain drops. I lost patience with the sycophantic drivel directed towards bogus ufo maharishis like Meier, Greer and Gilliland despite the fact that they all present overtly fake imagery as the real deal

How little things have changed in 5 years .

The curious thing is I too saw two solid red triangular objects before I joined here , I can't remember the year but I was doing a lot of sky watching around the time you saw your objects .
From memory both the objects I saw appeared to have two chevrons on them and moved at rapid speed , I only saw them for a few second then they were gone , I still don't know what they were .
I'm in Shropshire .

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Coming from you that's a great account, too. I'm assuming no sound, gortex?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'm assuming no sound, gortex?

Yes mate completely silent , never did work out what they were but I'm sure they weren't planes

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I (perhaps naively) look to the skies each November since that sighting. Haven't seen anything since, though. But being in the UK the almost ever present cloud cover doesn't help - not to mention the annoying Chinese lantern fad!

Interesting account there, Gortex. Shame you can't recall the date and. time.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

OMG im with the gut on this one

are you pulling our legs gortex i really hope not

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

No mate , I've mentioned it on here once before a couple of years ago .
When I originally saw them I was a full on believer but even then I couldn't say it was Alien , it was and still is to my mind unidentified though as I can find no logical explanation for it ...it was strange

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I must say again that accounts like these coming from torsion and the very formidable gortex, left me thinking looong--and with even more awe and wonder--into the night.

Too bad it's just us here on a 5 yr old thread because these two accounts, sharing some interesting details, and coming from some no-nonsense fellows with big brains is very compelling and has been a breath of fresh air, for me, on this subject.

What about a new thread where you two compare notes? It would go over well, I'm pretty dang sure.

Might even turn up more sightings of the same type and maybe even place.

new topics

top topics

join