It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush cancel election?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't think Bush will cancel the erection. What might happen is that in case Obama beats Bush's candidate (McCain), Obama could be assassinated right after the election and it would be blamed on Iran or terrorists. Bush would still be in office and he could declare martial law or something crazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
"An Israeli Cabinet member said the Jewish state "will attack" Iran if it doesn't halt its efforts to develop nuclear weaponry, according to a newspaper report Friday.

"If Iran continues its program to develop nuclear weapons, we will attack it," Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz told Yediot Ahronot, Israel's largest mass-circulation daily. "The window of opportunity has closed. The sanctions are not effective. There will be no alternative but to attack Iran in order to stop the Iranian nuclear program."

Mofaz's threat is one of the most explicit made against the Islamic Republic of Iran by a member of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's Cabinet.

The threat is not without precedent. In 1981, Israeli warplanes destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor being built by Saddam Hussein's regime. Israel also is reported to have targeted a Syrian reactor in September.

It also has significant political resonance in Israel amid talk that Mofaz has begun jockeying to replace Olmert, who is embroiled in a corruption probe, as the ruling Kadima Party's leader and prime minister.

At least one Cabinet member, Defense Minister Ehud Barak, has called for Olmert to step down."

Yikes-

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is the same America? Are we speaking of the same America?
This is not rhetoric at all, i grant you, i'm no fortune teller, but this is by no means unfathomable or too far over the top at all.
Its funny you should say "after all, this is America"--- really? the old America?
Bush has a 28 percent aproval rating and that's being generous
and laws continue to pass everyday, and nobody does a darn thing about it. Surely, i dont really know who that 28 percent is, but you must be intelligent enough to see that "they" are walking all over Americans, and nobody has done a damned thing to make it stop.

What makes you think Americans wouldnt sit and take it? I happen to think if this has gone this far, anything is possible, and any attempt for a Bush coup will be successful without any interference either.

You really have fun with this, don't you?

Backroom politics have been a major part of every aspect of politics since around the time of the 1824 election. With a larger country, they are simply on a grander scale, and the mass media blows every instance of it out of proportion, small or large. The media also makes it readily available to EVERYONE. They are no more prevalent than before, but with prying and clever journalists, you're just more likely to know about them.

Democracy isn't perfect, and one of it's major side effects is corruption. Fortunately, this flaw pales in comparison to the flaws of most other government types, and it is the longest lasting form of organized government. Thankfully, most (but not all) of the political leaders we have in this country are not corrupt.

As for these 'laws' that keep on getting passed, they are called earmarks. And it's not that no one tries to do anything about them. It's that with our current system, no one can. Congress just doesn't have the time to look at every single line of every bill it recieves. Most of them are hundreds of pages long.

And that 28%? You're right. It's not intelligent people like you and I; it's the few people who benefit from Bush's presidency/the war (i.e., corporate powers), and a selection of VERY ignorant people.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

thats an interesting take, goodness I hope it wont happen that way.

Part of me wants everything to just be normal, but the other part is telling me something is going to happen that will be major in the course of history.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Democracy isn't perfect, and one of it's major side effects is corruption.

Democracy doesn't cause corruption. This is a series of personal failures to operate in a moral and ethical manner. Do not conflate the execution with the model.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I don't think Bush will cancel the erection.

i dont think Barbara would like that either.....

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Democracy isn't perfect, and one of it's major side effects is corruption.

Democracy doesn't cause corruption. This is a series of personal failures to operate in a moral and ethical manner. Do not conflate the execution with the model.

Yes I know this (that's what I meant to say). Democracy and Communism both look perfect on paper. But, as you so eloquently put it, it's the human factor that causes corruption.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Bush is not behind the government. He is a puppet. A stupid one. Cheney is behind what's going on with the Administration. Cheney planned 911 and was in charge of all operations on that day. He is all about the Project for A New American Century....to make USA #1 military might in the face of Russia, China, and India. So for starters, Cheney has to have Americans behind the invasion of the MidEast. But that's falling away. So time for another 911 to scare the hell out of Americans, to get them back in line for more invasion and power flexing in the eyes of Russia, China, and India.

Problem is, it will backfire. All this war mongering and take over of oil will literally explode in our faces in about 7 to 8 years. By then Russia and China in particular, will be so sick of us, so oil starved, and so ready to put down the bully of the world (USA), that in one afternoon they will together nuke the hell out of us. In one afternoon, goodbye all strategic U.S. nuclear strike capabilities. We will be caught with our arrogant pants down, and before we know what's happening, it will be over. Then the petrified Americans will throw the U.S. Constitution at the feet of the United Nations, crying, "Save us!" That will be the end of America. We have about 7 or 8 years before this very sad day.

What can stop it? Nothing, as long as the Americans are so filled with beer, drugs, sex and gambling that they can't rise up against the internal workings of the Administration.

Sure, millions are awake about 911. Millions would impeach the bums today. But 300 million Americans are ignorant, vile, dishonest, immoral and selfish. We will deserve what we get......slavery. Welcome to the patterns of history....all over again. Freedom has only been enjoyed by about 5% of humanity since the beginning of time. And it has not lasted for more than a few hundred years, ever. What makes anyone think we are the exception. Enjoy the show. Store food. Repent and look to God to save us. Only He can.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

this is the biggest load of fearmongering crap i have ever read in my life, and i read all kinds of crazy shtuff.

first of all, what makes you think we are just going to sit there and TAKE a nuclear attack from two countries? it's called mutual anihillation, and that is the number 1 reason that we WILL not go to nuclear war with each other. because ALL the nuclear powers in this world are fully aware of the fact, that if it came down to it, we could turn each other into the worlds largest parking lot, before the other's missles got out of their airspace. not to mention the fact that LARGE parts of our nuclear assets are in foreign countries. meaning by the time Russia launched a nuke, we could have one knocking on Putin's front door.

that is how we have, and will continue to keep them in their place. because they know that if they launched a nuclear strike at us, they would never get to see it hit us because we would ram a few up there asses from much closer then they could EVER get to us.

the american civilization reminds me of the ancient Nordic Vikings. we land on a countries shores, tell them that for their cooperation (in the viking instace it would have been money, and for us, it's allowing us to build military bases in their country.) we will protect their country from the other crazy countries out there, and if they decline our help we will just take them over forcibly.

[edit on 6/23/08 by SRTkid86]

[edit on 6/23/08 by SRTkid86]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join