It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are NOT the Chosen Of God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The title to your thread is misleading. A whole thread could be made debating if Christians are extra special or not but you muddied the waters by adding in the rapture bit.

First, it's only "YOUR" opinion that Christians are not the chosen of God.

It's my opinion that you are too close minded to objectively learn from the NT.

The New Testament teaches about the chosen, so if the teaching is true and followers of the New Testament are christians, then it's a pretty true statement to say that Christians are chosen of God.

Not the only chosen but none the less they are chosen.

Incarnated - "many are called but few are chosen". Do you even have a basic understading of those few simple words? Do you know the difference between being called and being chosen? And if a person has been chose - do you think they know who they are, why they are chose and why they are set aside from those being called?

If you knew the answers to these questions this thread wouldn't exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
" the only way to soolve the religious problem is to have one religion yet I never see that happening "

That will happen with the antichrist soon... he will join all religions and mock Christ... We believe Christ so strongly because..

1. He came to earth
2. worked countless miracles 12 souls seen and 100 witnessed
3. was prophecied in the OT to come
4.and created a church who he said would spread throughout the world and make many saints which it has.. my signature is one of them...

Now as for the OP...

John 3:5

" Unless you are (baptised) by water and the spirit you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven "

what baptism does is it produces in the soul sanctifying grace.... meaning the ability to grow on the inside and love your enemies and do things unimaginable and grow in saintly love... and God burns the soul with a burning fire...

God can only dwell in us if we are erased of original sin first... with baptism...

original sin are the causes of us wearing cloths and women giving brith with pain... we have the sin infected on our souls...

and the one who said that was Christ.. unless you are baptised you cannot be saved..

this is why christians are the chosen souls (until) the jews come back to the faith which they will...

So you dear soul.. you have a picture in your avatar of st Michael himself... that's a catholic icon....

Christ also said..

" amen amen unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you cannot have everlasting life in you "

This is communion.. and what communion does for your soul I cannot put into words...

watch ewtn at 3:00pm every day.. look at their faces... that is what a soul looks like infested with this grace...

I can't even explain it... what it feals like having communion...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I pray that God postpones the day when we are united in one religion.
Obviously if all Christendom was united, it would be the mother Church that I claim to not be a descendant of.
I see all these devices to be inventions.
God did not ordain baptism as a way to get rid of original sin.
Remember who the Baptist was.
He was the one who wanted to take the ax to the root and kill the tree that had become evil.
We live with our original sin, as long as we live.
The baptism is a sign of our forsaking of earthly kingdoms and institutions and becoming part of the Spiritual Kingdom of Heaven.
I do not go for the idea that some people have an infusion of righteousness.
The Saints that I know about, in the Bible were fallible men.
We partake freely of Christs blood and we do not have to go to a sanctioned ceremony where the priesthood has the power to kill Jesus and offer daily sacrifice.
Jesus died once for all.
Do you want us all to become Catholics?
You seem to want us to go for all these peculiar beliefs.
I do not mind you wanting to enjoy your faith and you should be free to participate in it.
But I do not want to be converted into a faith my ancestors had to fight and die to be free of.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Jddewey I do want everybody to be Catholic because it's Jesus church he said would spread throughout the world.. there is no other church which fits this...before 1500 if you were Christian you were catholic.. the protestants were fall aways from the catholic church which was predicted by Timothy...

" Unless the revolt come first and the man of sin be revealed "

the 1500 fall away by Luther.... was the beggining of the fall away.. even Baptist keep some of the church traditions like communion... but they don't believe in the real presence..

The saints you talk about... the ones I always talk about (were) fallible..men and women and had many imperfections and faults.. I have read alot of their life stories... the thing is though that through God they overcame those things and were held to such a high degree of holiness by the church to be honored... alot of them also worked miracles..

you don't have to believe in them but I do.... as my holy brothers and sisters...

as for baptism...

John 3:5 was Christ speaking jddewey, it was not men speaking.... Christ also told the apostles to....

In all Gospels...

" Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, (baptising) them in the name of the father son and holy spirit "

Acts 8:36 (with water)

Acts 10:47 (with water)

John3:5 (Christ speaking) with water

Matthew 28:19 (baptise all creatures)

I know you don't understand it, but it's what God tuaght and all the apostles taught... baptism is a must so that God can enter into the soul....

peace.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I believe in Baptism and Communion but not in the way you do.
It is like asking me if I believe in the Virgin Mary.
Yes, but after Jesus was born, she at some point, ceased to be a virgin and her baby came out the birth canal and did not magically just appear, out in the open air.
The Catholic idea goes along with their idea of free will.
Once the baptism ritual is done, all of a sudden the weight of the sinful corruption through the history of the world is removed.
That makes way for the free will to be fully restored and the Christian will go on to use that free will to choose to live a holy life, therefore obtaining justification.
All of this goes directly against the Bible and substitutes its own philosophy.
At the same time, the Church declares everyone who does not believe in free will as a heretic and cast out to the abyss.
Free will is fundamental to a philosophy of salvation by works.
So, anyone who denies free will has to be attacked.
Baptism is used as a convention to overcome the fundamental thing that prevents free will.
So, baptism has to be re-created into something it was never intended to be, in order to get over this road block.
Wishing and being are two different things.
You can take the place of God on earth and just declare it to be so, but everyone is exactly the same person they were before they were baptized.
You can stand there with a priestly robe on and say,"Now you have free will." but that does not make it so.
True salvation is a free gift that we only have, by faith.
Not on our own merits.
Once we have the weight of condemnation lifted off of us we have a freedom in our soul to look for a spiritual way to live.
We do not instantly have the ability, by way of infused righteousness to be holy.
Jesus, alone is rightious and his life and death forever covers our sinful selves and allows us to hope for a life to come as this world passes away.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
JesusisTruth, I hope you do not take these comments personally.
I have seen you deal with some rather harsh criticism, so I did not think you would be too upset over this.
If I say, "Are you trying to convert us?" I am just asking a question.
You can, if you want, and you stated that you would like it if we all became Catholics.
Fine, as far as I am concerned.
I do not want to, for myself.
I am not ignorant of Catholicism and have been given instruction in it.
I have spent a lot of time in the Catholic church,where I lived.
I was going out, for two years, with the girl who did the readings and music for the Charismatic Renewal Mass.
I was adopted by a Catholic family when I was young.
I have no desire to rip on Catholic people.
My main point is the whole thing about free will.
A lot of people do not realize that this is the central point that created the split of the Protestants from the Catholic Church.
It may seem to be the opposite of what you might guess, if you have never studied it.
I was trying to make it very clear, to everyone that the Catholic view is in favor of free will and that the Protestant view is against free will.
BTW- my spell check program offers Casuistry as an alternate spelling forJesusisTruth.
moral philosophy based on the application of general ethical principles to resolve moral dilemmas

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

hello there

so where is your evidence against this?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Although I am not of any of the Abrahamic faiths I would like to offer up a scripture from the new testament (KJV) that i think adds some perspective on the O.P.

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Christians of all denominations make up 2.1 billion people (link here) and as a whole according to the scripture I provide it appears most will not be Raptured if a Rapture is to be had.

Personal Disclosure: IMO Its most likely I will Not be Raptured if indeed a Rapture is to occur.

Edited to fix weblink.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by OmegaLogos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join