It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President McCain...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The countdown has begun...

Now that it appears that Clinton is going to back out... gracefuly...

Here come Obama v McCain...

McCain is the Classic liberal... my favorite Demacrat... and the next president...

After 8 years of bush... i guess it was unaviodable that we would have another person with liberal policies in the office...

Countdown to preisdent McCain...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't think McCain has a chance, it would be like GWB's 3rd term. I don't think he can motivate the Republican base to come out and vote no matter who he picks to be his running mate.

Obama/Clinton 2008 unbeatable? Here on ATS McCain does seem to be the favorite, I have no idea why, seems members like the idea of more war, wireless wire tapping and just more neo con crap!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Like it or not Juan McCain is the next President. McCain is also my most favorite Democrat. Let's see how hard McCain courts Hillary voters while ignoring conservatives. His VP choice will tell the whole story.

There are alot of angry Hillary voters out there, and they are definately not going to support Hussein Obama. Some will vote for McCain, most will stay home. There is nothing like a woman scorned. Hillary will play nice, but behind the scenes she will do everything she can to doom the Hussein Obama campaign.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
gee...another democrat bashing thread...WHAT A SHOCK!!!! we just can't get enough of these.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
gee...another democrat bashing thread...WHAT A SHOCK!!!! we just can't get enough of these.

OK, I'll respond to this one-liner, which, by the way, is in direct conflict with ATS posting rules.....

If you consider Juan McCain to be a Democrat like me and TKainZero, then I guess you could consider this a Dem-bashing thread?

Dem-bashing threads? This could be a breath of fresh air after all of the endless Bush-bashing threads that permeated ATS for the last few years.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

That sure sounds good to me

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
the idea of HC supporters bailing on the democratic party is plain and simply fantasy.

the protracted and highly competitive run for the democratic nomination has created an illusion of a truly fractured party.

this will pass.

HC supporters will be what they have tended to be, democrats.

as has been mentioned over and over, ATS has been filled with bush bashing threads for years now (rightly so).

the reason for this is the truly horrible mess this man was allowed to make of our country.

what democrats want is a chance to undo the damage they watched GW do to the country.

they will not vote for 'juan', that is a conservative fantasy. dream away, dream away.

i know it makes many of you feel good to believe that HC democrats will flee the party and join 'juan' so feel free to continue to believe it.

in fact, if i were you guys i would pray for it. seeing how many votes 'juan' is loosing to RP even when he is considered the only one still running, 'juan' has a big problem.

in fact 'juan' has a lot of problems first and foremost is his incomprehension of the fact that what he says is in fact recorded and replayed meaning as he continues to speak we will continue to see him contradict himself, lie, drool, and simply look unfit for the job.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Even if Republicans aren't particularly fond of McCain, he has a much better chance of winning than you realize. Clinton supporters, such as myself, will never vote for Obama. McCain will get the majority of Clinton votes, which makes him much more likely to win that NObama

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I don't think McCain has a chance, it would be like GWB's 3rd term. I don't think he can motivate the Republican base to come out and vote no matter who he picks to be his running mate.

Obama/Clinton 2008 unbeatable? Here on ATS McCain does seem to be the favorite, I have no idea why, seems members like the idea of more war, wireless wire tapping and just more neo con crap!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
President McCain is a less-lethal version of the Present GWB...

But when Bush was elected the first time, he sounded ALOT better then McCain is going to sound this first time. There is a definate death of 'true' conservatism... espicaily Fiscialy...

McCain is going to go after EVERYBODY, he is very bi-partism... if you want to call it that...

I dont think that Clinton is going to be BHO's #2... i also dont see her supporters going for Obama... I think anywhere from 20-40% of HER supporter will go to McCain...

I also doubt that Obama would take HRC as his VP... why would he, i would think that John Edwards would be better... and i think they get along... and didnt he give him his support??? I realy dont think Obama would want Clinton as his VP, not a chance...

Not trying to dem-bash, i am serioues now... I think we are going to have President McCain here... and thats not great... he hasnt even mentioned a VP canidate yet... but i cant even think that he would appoint a decent guy... Who is he going to choose... Guliani, Huckabee, NYC Mayor Bloomberg... mabye he might even ask HRC to be his VP, they are very good friends, and they are about the same on the issues... to 70% or so...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
... mabye he might even ask HRC to be his VP, they are very good friends, and they are about the same on the issues... to 70% or so...

What a nightmare election with nightmare choices and now this possibility might exist

McCain and Hillary vs Obama............

Something about this makes me want to run out of my office and scream in the parking lot.

top topics

join