It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Warns of Heavy Losses If Attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 03:31 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq � An Iraqi Cabinet minister warned Tuesday that the United States would suffer "the heaviest losses" if it attacked his country.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 04:14 PM
link   
LMAO

Is this something like"the mother of all battles",he boasted about before.

More than likely his army will be useless.My only concern is chemical weapons,I think he will use them on Isreal.I wonder if this how we will find out if he has them.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
some say he used them in the 1st gulf war, aka gulf way syndrome. Iraq is something something like 10% of what they were in the first GW and the US is much stronger - technology wise. Surely you have all heard about Iraqi soldiers surrendering to UAV's and journalists. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but if there is a war I bet losses will be less than GW I.

I've read Libya is preparing a compound for Saddam and his family. - I bet he'll be there before any war starts.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thats why we should start bombin NOW!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Short of S.H.'s actually having a WMD, I cannot see how heavy casualties will be inflicted: nor, for that matter, can I imagine US/UK forces being deployed in such numbers that would make heavy casualties possible.
A large-scale infantry engagement - Iran v Iraq style -seems pretty unlikely.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yes a large scale infantry battle would play right into the hands of the US. Superior firepower would destroy the Iraqi formations.

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I must assume that Saddam Hussein is scared #less and feeling pretty desperate right now. He knows his number is up and we're more determined than ever to get rid of him one way or another - the choice of how we do that is his.

He's been using his usual tactics of lying and playing for time with rhetoric and false promises. He must know that he's been operating on borrowed time since his gulf war escape when US officials stopped our forces from marching into and levelling Baghdad and either capturing or killing him.

Because desperate people do desperate things, I have no doubt that he would use any and all WMD at his disposal. I also believe that our government & generals know that also, and will have planned a lightening fast & totally overwhelming attack meant to shut him down ASAP. We realise that with our superior technology and public feelings about a possible war that we must get it over before Saddam can launch almost anything. I suspect that if this does happen, it will be over before Saddam can do too much. I imagine that the massive troop build up is for mopping up operations and protecting the introduction and build up of a democratic regeime in Iraq.

The recent news reports that Iraq successfully transferred their WMD to Syria may be why they're so adamant and confident that we will find nothing with the current inspections. One British government official has stated on TV that the British Intelligence community has received confirmation that Syria is in possession of at least some of Iraq's WMD. Well, if that's true then it would now drop Syria deep into this # too. Syria and Libya have both been maintaining low profiles for quite sometime, but I've always suspected them of secretly being involved in anti-American activities worldwide.

A Pakistani scientist has also now admitted that Osama Bin Laden approached him prior to September 11th to develop or transfer nuclear technology to his terrorist organization.

This issue isn't about countries or oil - our war isn't with Islam. We're fighting fanatical ideologies that are bent on the destruction of Western Capitalist society as a whole. They view our way of life and values as being evil and satanic. That's why they are willing to blow themselves up to harm even one single American citizen. They see it as doing a good thing and take solace in being sacrificial offerings to their God, Allah.

It's interesting that Islamic fundamentalists do not allow alcohol or sexually permissive activity - but secret bars, hash dens and harems are available to those devoutly religious men. The Arabs have long been known to kidnap or buy white girls & women on the black market (especially blondes) to be used as harem girls (sex slaves). Well, that's just another layer of hypocrisy that almost any fanatically religious person may use to cover their hidden activities from public view.

All I can say to Saddam Hussein is, goodbye and good riddance, be grateful for the extra time we've given you and realize that you misused it by continuing to play anti-American games. If you go up in smoke, it's your own fault old boy - your fate is in your own hands.

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Propaganda against Propaganda.
Saddam is desperately trying to win the support back from what he lost in the mass leaflet drop that the U.N. made not long ago.
Terror and Propaganda is what Hitler used very effectively in WW2.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
only difference is that hitler said stuff that was more believeable but it was all lies as well

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hitler was able to back up his propoganda with military success, at least in the first half of the war. Saddam doesn't have any past or forseeable success to draw on.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ya cuz saddam is stupid but so was hitler, just that hitler got lucky during the first part of the war

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This guy (SH) is in a corner..he knows he cant hold a stick to the men and women ( from all the countrys that are sending help) ...the Brits, and US ground forces are some of the best trained in the world..and are backed by some of the best support equipment around..the US Rangers are exclusivly training and gearing up for urban combat..the Man is screwed ..i dont see this lasting longer then 2 weeks TOPS..If i have missed any ones Soldiers or Sailors i apologise..as they are all top notch...I wish them all good luck..but i am affraid it will be the Iraqi military that will need it..

Boomslang

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If you call success, Getting the upper hand in the Iraq-Iran conflict in the 80's, well he has something.
Hitler wasn't stupid, he was very stubborn and pig headed. He didn't listen to his top advisors when he needed to. If he did and thank God he didn't, we'd be in a very different situation today!

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
[qoute]
LMAO

Is this something like"the mother of all battles",he boasted about before.

More than likely his army will be useless.My only concern is chemical weapons,I think he will use them on Isreal.I wonder if this how we will find out if he has them.

[/qoute]

Well you said it your self.. don't go "LMAO".
It is just like a guy is pointing a gun on you and you say "lmao how can you kill me, my only concern is the gun"..
Even with much better firepower saddam got enough (if you belive US) to kill many. The whole idea behind the american attack (officialy) is the "they got weapons of mass-destruktion". And to the "rangers train urban combat".. well, guess they will need very much if they want 0 kia..

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
granQ,I think you mis-understood my lmao.It was directed at the quote"heaviest losses".It is the same kind of boast he used 11 years ago.And it was a joke.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
of laughter, the next time I see footage of a bunch of "crack" Iraqi soldiers surrendering to Sally Struthers, hehe....

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was watching a show on Nova last night about UAV's and finally saw the footage on the Iraqi's surrendering (to a UAV). Great show by the way!!!

Iraq Warns of Heavy Losses If Attacked that's true - of course Iraq is going to have heavy losses.

new topics

top topics

join