It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama or McCain??? Why we can't win in '08:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was, for a while, entranced by Obama's rhetoric. Now I must say that it seems that neither candidate will give us what we want and NEED. I look at Obama's ideas, and I like what he wants to do regarding the enviornment. But, he has no track record to show how he's going to pull it off. He also wants to cut billions on military spending and end the ballistic missile defense projects, instead turning to negotiation instead to rid the world of the dangers of nuclear weapons. He wants to try to negotiate the Russians out of keeping their ICBMs.

McCain on the other hand has what I consider a working and sufficient plan for National Security, but he seems to know nothing about the enviornment, refering to it as a "national security threat." As much as it is actually a threat to our nation, this kind of talk just goes to show how uneducated on the subject he is. Also, think about this: do we really want to elect ANOTHER old white guy?

The more I look at the issues and talk with my friends about them, it seems that most of the truly intelligent people are moderate or close to it. The two major party system NEVER seems to produce candidates intelligent enough to share the beliefs and ideals of intelligent voters like me anymore.

Now I know I may be repeating what most of you already know (which is a good thing), but it all leads back to the main point in the '08 election:
We usually have to pick the lesser of two evils in the presidential elections, and this may be one of the hardest elections ever to make that determination. The question is: how can we, if it's possible, not lose in '08?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes! Totally agree with you. I usally look at life as a optimist, a win-win situation, but it seems that this is a battle that cannot be won. The party system was broken fom the start. I wish that we had a different system.... *pondering about getting elected*.

Obama has that "New Change" but so did Hitler.. He has these great ideas, but no track record to back them up.. He's inspired many people.. How?

McCain has the slogan, "I spent 10 years in a POW camp!", there is nothing really we can do at this point.

Its the worst of both worlds. The goverment is controled by old men with nothing to spending their millions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I'm voting for Mccain. If Mccain wins he'll do what he said he'll do. If Obama wins I guarantee he'll open up the mexican borders, so he can get the Latino vote, next time he runs. And for my fellow Black people that think Obama is gonna be turning tricks for us just because we're black, you are dreaming. We don't even make up 13 percent of the U.S. population and our numbers are for the most part staying the same or dwindling. So why in his right mind would he go out of his way to help us just because of we're black. If anything he'll help Latinos and Asians out, since they are the fastest growing race in the U.S.---and whites of course are still the majority. Thats my take.

join