It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the mark of the beast (666) REALLY be simply currency?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It says in the passage, in Revelation, that man will not be able to buy or sell or have any services which cost money, unless they have the mark. The mark can be on the right hand or forehead. 9 out of 10 people are right-handed, and in biblical times, left-handedness was a sign of .. evil and suspicion. So even born-lefties were turned into righties. Anyways, just showing the significance of the right hand in the passage.

Now, what can be on your right hand, a better translation would be IN your right hand, on ... in .. 1 vowel difference, VERY similar meaning, as well as be ON .. which can be said as IN your forehead? ie; your brain? Much like when someone says, "I do not have any cash on my person", which means, "I do not have any cash IN my pockets or elsewhere." I think some get too wrapped up in the idea that the mark just HAS TO BE a frikkin' chip being implanted into all of our right hands with all of this diabolical information for the purposes of control. Well, I think thats taking it just a wee bit too far at this moment, maybe in 70 years?

The only thing in your brain, and in your right hand that can pay for goods and services, and sell goods and services, in fact it is absolutely required to do so or else we cannot buy ANYTHING. You cant show up to Wal-Mart with little gold nuggets to pay for the Groceries, you see. You have to have the MARK to shop there. Mark has been used as a word to describe Money in various languages, cultures, and time periods. For instance .. Deutsch Marks of Germany? And German is from Latin .. I wonder the generic term for money in Latin? So what is the mark, possibly? It's simple! the U.S. $Dollar (possibly the Euro .. up and comer), which has the various secret meanings written and designed into it, and the credit card and check card banking credit industry that allows you to order goods on the internet, over the telephone, etc without even being face to face with the person! You just read off your MEMORIZED (in your forehead!) credit card / check card information to the person, so it was on your forehead. You heard the term.. "on the tip of my tongue?" when really, its IN the tip of the tongue, where the tongue creates the sounds? anyways.

So, the U.S. Dollar and the U.S. Corporate Credit Card and Banking industry are the Beast, the Federal Reserve and the IRS and the Administration, and their MARK which represents them, represents the beast, is their money. REMEMBER: LUCIFER IS THE GREAT DECEIVER, THAT MEANS HE'S SLICKER THAN EVEN YOU OR I.

So .. the devout followers who may agree with this may ask, "Where should we go? How can we live without using this mark of the beast to feed our families?" Now doesn't that sound EXACTLY like it states in the book of Revelation, that people would starve if they were devout and refused the mark, or even died. People die all the time from lack of funds to receive certain treatments for medical problems, thats one example. I say the true followers of Christ should wait until JUST before the boiling point, quietly saving up some emergency funds to move with, some food and water and a good reliable car, quietly pack essentials and prepare. Because when the U.S. Economy crumbles, folks like us wishing to escape all this mark of the beast mess, and those just trying to escape a society in complete chaos will be moving up and out of this place.

Some will take convoys to mountain areas further inland, others will try their luck at getting into Canada, while still others will try their luck in Mexico. I'd flee to the Appalachian Mts, from which point I'd try to make my way south of the border, or maybe north, depending on U.S/Canadian relations at the time. I can speak Spanish and would just love to live in the Southern Hemisphere, say Chile or Argentina.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Actually the mark of the beast uses the currency. After WW3, U.S dollar is collapsed, God's own have been taken to the skies, population has been decreased by a lot.. Anti-Christ have ended the war.. There's nothing to prevent this from happening anymore.

The mark of the beast involves much more than only access to the information of your bank account and the one and only world-wide virtual currency. Micro chip will be also able to send your brain impulses and control your mood by a little. People can be tracked and whatsoever. Souls are to be traded to work here and there. Credit cards and chip technology in small devices is just preparation for the times of Anti-Christ, they will be no longer used. Lucifer indeed is a great deceiver, I'm not even going to take a guess how he's gonna get most people who are left here to take this chip. But without the chip, those people who don't take it will not be legal in any country, therefore they might even get judged to death.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I posted this in reply to another post and because of its importance I decided to repost it here.

666 is money, but most here have misunderstood what John was saying. A lot of the problem lies in the translation. 666 is a reference to Solomon's Gold that he received in one year. It is the number of the beast and the number of man. But the word number is not referring to a physical number in both these two instances but rather the summing up of men's existence: as that is what men are living for the actual number of the beast is the sum of the actual number. Jesus said you cannot serve God and mammon.

The mark on you right hand, is a specific reference to what rules you: as the right hand is one's law that he uses to govern. The forehead is what one faces, or what he is going towards or after; God said, to the children of Israel, "Deu 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deu 6:8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes."

John was referencing the terminology of these verses, in Revelation, to say that the beast would get people to use his money and you could not buy or sell without it; as well whoever "received" (OOPS: this word received is NOT correct) The word actually means "to take and clasp or bind", and so John was reiterating what Jesus said: YOU CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MONEY. YOU WILL EITHER HATE ONE AND LOVE THE OTHER or Hold to one and despise the other: YOU CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MONEY. The revelation in John's writing is that the beast will force you to use his currency and you cannot trade without it. AS well, he states the fact that if you worship the beast and the sum of his existence, to gain money, you will have you place in the lake of fire. Woe unto you who are rich: for you have received your reward and will not take place in heaven.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I can't believe I opened a thread with quite similar title and body, separated by one year!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^might help explain the 'math' in money and 666, which I also got from another member.

It feels somewhat creepy that two of us arrived at the same conclusion!

P.S. S & (could anyone flag this thread for me? Can't do with my current browser, thanks!)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Home Science Project:

Using a millimeter ruler, measure the width of a US dollar bill

I measured mine, they were 66.6 millimeters wide.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I believe it will be much more personal than just currency. First you have to understand the wound that the first beast is afflicted with.

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

This passage is referring to the beast with seven heads. One head was wounded unto death.

Revelation 13:12-14 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

This is referring to the next beast that arises. He has one head and two horns and is the Devil. He makes the world worship the injured beast and makes them make an image to it. He goes on to make the image speak.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

So here he sets up the first beast to be worshiped by the whole earth. He animates this image somehow to be able to speak. Some speculate a form of artificial intelligence coupled with a massive network around the world.

Revelation 13:17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

This is where it gets tricky for me. You can use the mark, or the name, or the number of his name. It can go on your right hand or forehead. I believe that this will be a form of "voluntary" mutilation. You see the whole world will be praising this beast at the behest of satan. It will take over all monetary functions and there will be no need for money. It will be supplying everything to its subjects and make life much easier for those who really follow its plan. People will be praising this image and love it as God. What better way to show your allegiance to it than by voluntarily mutilating yourself to imitate the appearance of the first beast that was wounded in the head? Some will get a replica of the wound on their foreheads. Some will get the number, which will be the numberical symbols that represent the image. A computer model maybe? Some will want the name branded or carved into their foreheads. Whichever is more popular at the time.

Those who want the mark but don't want to deform their faces can get it in their right hand. A replica of the wound, his name, or the number. Those who get it in their hand will more than likely be looked down on by those who love the beast enough to mutilate their faces. Those who just can't relate to the beast enough to want to be marked will die. Probably at the hands of all the other followers.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

Home Science Project:

Using a millimeter ruler, measure the width of a US dollar bill

I measured mine, they were 66.6 millimeters wide.

Close, but no cigar... 66.294mm

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, I look at it this way.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But one thing is undeniable and that is that the worship of money and material wealth is not the way, and not good and that in itself should be plenty.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferdane

we already belong to God though so God's people returning are just people dying. evolution takes time, but those who make it (if any) will see some world of magic (assuming sacred geometry does not change our universal laws
. Regardless if we are extinguished or not things will change. More people are dying than ever before, cause we have behaved as a hostile virus to the planet. It could be birthing pangs as mckenna said, but i tend to see it that we are sperm. We have come to this point of singularity where things end, because technology without spirit is nothing. Noone will save you but yourself (even in the case of a rapture). To the extra dimensional Greys or whomever, we are the Missing Link. Which is in most cases, missing.
Tibetans will ascend.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The right hand refers to one's actions.
The forhead refers to one's thoughts.

If you have a desire to follow the beast and it's ways, the act of doing the beast's will will constitute recieving the mark. Physically, I can think of the RFID radio frequency identification chip which will have the ability to store account info, social security info, driver's licsence info, etc. You can't function in this future society without this chip. But be rest assured, that one's thoughts and actions (head and hands) will just as much be part of the mark.

The beast with a head wound refers to the past, not future. Historically, the Roman Empire fell apart. Between pagan and holy Rome, there were 3 separate attempts to take over and renew the empire by outside forces. This refers to Daniel's 3 horns uprooted by a smaller horn. The healed head wounded beast refers to Pagan Rome being resurrected as Holy Rome. 5 more revivals of the roman empire would follow. The European Union is the final revival of the roman empire and will be the Beast superpower when the United States falls. Read about the Ten kings with no kindom but share power as king for a short time in revelation 17. Now research the EU's 10 permanent nation-states and how power is shared. It's eerie and parallels the prophecy in revelation.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have a new thread started speaking of the 7 revivals of the Roman Empire. It's imperative that you all read the long introductory posts on that thread because the main conversation begins with what the 7th revival is. It is this beast superpower with a world currency. Check it out here.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I am so interested in what you were saying and I think that along with your thoughts and Ideas you should really check out this guy... I really believe that hes on the right track with all of us! check it out and let me know what you think! www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I'd flee to the Appalachian Mts, from which point I'd try to make my way south of the border, or maybe north, depending on U.S/Canadian relations at the time. I can speak Spanish and would just love to live in the Southern Hemisphere, say Chile or Argentina.

Yeah, everyone knows they don't use money or credit/debit cards "south of the border".
But seriously - christians leaving the country? That would be wonderful! The sooner you leave the better. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Seems like the image of the beast maybe the T.V. and computer, made in the image of man to depict his image. and the computer is an artificial attempt at the mind of man in essence artificial intelligence. communion across the globe with this beast is already in play. we are using it right now. I talk to it it talks to you. it is our medium. The symbolism f the right hand has been explained by another user. The forehead sounds a lot like a reference to the frontal lobes.
From the wiki:::

Frontal lobes:

The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress socially unacceptable responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events.

The frontal lobes also play an important part in retaining longer term memories which are not task-based. These are often memories associated with emotions derived from input from the brain's limbic system. The frontal lobe modifies those emotions to generally fit socially acceptable norms.

In humans, the frontal lobe reaches full maturity around only after the 20s ( some say there is an age of accountability. maybe this is why?)

Choosing Good or evil? Still eating from the tree are we?

We have all chosen. we define the value of life by who serves the mark better. we "troll" other users of the image judging them based on their words.

wor·ship
/ˈwərSHip/
Noun
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity: "ancestor worship".
Verb
Show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.

de·i·ty [dee-i-tee] Show IPA
noun, plural de·i·ties.
a god or goddess.
divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.
a person or thing revered as a god or goddess: a society in which money is the only deity.
the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

The mark of the beast and his image.

Who is the beast? I believe it is man himself. The beast is a man yes but maybe all man is a better context of the word. We act like animals and teach we derive from apes. we fling allegorical poo at one another and still to this day have territory wars. we beat up on the littler ones and even rape them. (both metaphorically and literally). We all chose who we follow long ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
NO... Money is the root of all evil.. It is not the mark... Jesus himself used currency

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Originally posted by runetang
I'd flee to the Appalachian Mts, from which point I'd try to make my way south of the border, or maybe north, depending on U.S/Canadian relations at the time. I can speak Spanish and would just love to live in the Southern Hemisphere, say Chile or Argentina.

Yeah, everyone knows they don't use money or credit/debit cards "south of the border".
But seriously - christians leaving the country? That would be wonderful! The sooner you leave the better. Seriously.

Pretty disgusting how you belittle another ideology and tell them to leave the country. They have every right, if not more as the country was founded on CHRISTIANS as you have to be here, lucky for you those constitutional rights CREATED BY CHRISTIANS allow you to spew your hatred of others freely. I am a CHRISTIAN that fights to ensure you continue your liberties from outside enemies.

Get a life, get a job, stop being a bigot.

P.S. the bible is literal when it states it will be a mark, not a dollar.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

I agree except the US being founded on Christianity is a myth.

"Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The separation of Church and state protects religious freedom, not a religious dictatorship, it also respects your right to not be religious.

Claiming America was founded on Christianity is to deny other religions. I'm sure you think yours is the only legitimate religion, well so do Muslims, and Sics, Buddhists etc.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, written late 1700's

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Revelation declares that people who accept the mark will be tormented by God "for ever and ever",
Let's be sensible- is God going to do that because they've been handling a few notes and coins?

People who accept the "mark" are declaring their willingness to worship the Beast instead of God, and that's the reason why God is against it.
Do the people who issue money, cards etc tell us that we must worship them in return? If not, then it is not the "mark".

What is being described in Revelation is a boycott. The Jews in Nazi Germany could find themselves "not being allowed to buy and sell", not because money was a synbol of loyalty to Hitler, but as a punishment for being who they were.
Similarly in Revelation ch13. The people who get obsessed with the "control of money" angle are missing the point. The "control" is not an end itself in that chapter, just an instrument of punishment.

edit on 11-2-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Eavel

"Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The separation of Church and state protects religious freedom, not a religious dictatorship, it also respects your right to not be religious.

Claiming America was founded on Christianity is to deny other religions. I'm sure you think yours is the only legitimate religion, well so do Muslims, and Sics, Buddhists etc.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, written late 1700's

open a book or two on all the signatories. Then talk to me. It was ment to not INFRINGE on others religious beliefs, they were all Christians however.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Eavel

and no, I do not claim Christianity is the only religion,. there are many pagan religions out there, that is their choice. I am not here to push any of my beliefs on you, just the truth that regardless of random blerps you find, it is well known that the founding fathers studied Christianity. Also that The Bible was the main education book of their time and for a century afterwards. I do not agree with progressive movement away from religion, but you can worship anything you want, pink aliens for all i care. it is your soul in the end, not mine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join