It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Mars Face’ Discovered Near Cuban Coast!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well, this seems to be a far out claim! But have a look at the ‘face’ discovered under the sea near Cuba and compare it with the ‘face’ on Mars. But before you have a look at this take a peek at some strange underwater formations off the general area that seem to be the remnants of a long gone civilization. Is there a connection with Cydonia on Mars?

A linear, gridded area can be seen in Google Earth images
of the Cayo Santa Maria off the coast of Caibarien, Cuba.
The gridded anomaly area is approximately 2.8 miles long
by 3 miles wide. The exact same grid has been photographed
by NASA too.

Huge curved, underwater tubular feature, Florida Keys.

Gridded area, Eastern side of the Cay Sal Bank.
Image color enhanced to bring out detail.

Parallel, mound like features.
The image data is located online
at: NGDC 3 Arc-Second Coastal Relief Model.

The linear anomalies below are underwater,
approximately 80-110 feet below the surface
off the Southern tip of Florida.
Latitude: 25° 6' 20.52"N
Longitude 82° 33' 20.91"W

All images above, courtesy Satellite Discoveries

The 'Faces'

And now for the ‘face’ found off the Cuban coast on Google Earth. I have included the Mars ‘face' for comparison.

The ‘face’ South of the Cuban coast

Enlarged….

The ‘face’ On Mars and Off Cuba: A Comparison

The ‘face’ on Mars (Left), taken by Viking, and the one off the Cuban coast, colorized and noise compensated.

This is either a natural geological formation or a long gone civilization that sculpted both the ‘face’ on Mars as well as the one here eons ago. Atlantis? Lemuria?

Whatever it is, it’s fascinating all the same!

Cheers!

www.satellitediscoveries.com...
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

Will the discoverer of this 'face' please stand up and be counted? I've lost the web page where I got it from! Thanx!

[edit on 1-6-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Nice find!

Do you happen to know what ever became of the "structures" they found off the coast of Cuba using sidescan sonar a couple years ago? I had once heard that National Geographic was going to do a story but it seems to have dissapeared....in fact the whole case seems to have "sunk to the bottom".

Edit: The work I was referring to was that of Paulina Zelitsky

[edit on 1-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
it very strange photo indeed take a look at this movie when they are veiwing the map for the lost world
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thats pretty amazing!

I wonder what happenned to the research I heard about a few years back on Coast 2 Coast radio by Linda molten Howl about the "city " under 2 miles of water off the west coast of Cuba? It show buildings from side scan radar pics and formations that would have been civilization of a million years ago. It was talked about alot and then just dropped of the face of the earth to be heard about no more. There was a research vessel about the city and then Poof!! nothin!

But, at least You have brought this to mind again! Good work!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The connection between human Earth civilization and Mars seems to have been made. Great thread and find

Now I wonder if this area on Earth is the lost city of Atlantis and I wonder if they could travel to Mars possibly colonizing the red planet.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Mars Face’ Discovered Near Cuban Coast!

Hi mikesingh, how on Earth and even under water do you find that stuff, you have indeed a sharp Eye for such interesting details.
The comparison is quite remarkable, thanks for sharing that. strrd and flggd.
As you said, Whatever it is, it’s fascinating all the same!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

You must have been thinking the same ( and typing the same time) as me !!

Yes, at the time the city off the coast of Cuba under 2 miles of water was all the buzz!! and then nobody brought it up any more!!

What a cover - up !!

I hate when big news stories break about weird stuff thats really bizzar and then NO FOLLOW UP!! its so ass-clownish!!

But Brittany Spunks, and Pearish Hiltits, Lindy lohung, etc... gets covered ad-vomitum!! Crap !! I say!!

Every thing is crap in the Media!!

the Mars lander (Pheonix lander) currently at the north pole has gotten 13% of the cover as the "toilet not working" on the damned shuttle!! Bone heads all of them!! (media)

Ok, thats all

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Nice !

Atlantis? Yes i was asking that myself too.
There supposed to be machines down there still running.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Thats pretty amazing!

I wonder what happenned to the research I heard about a few years back on Coast 2 Coast radio by Linda molten Howl about the "city " under 2 miles of water off the west coast of Cuba? It show buildings from side scan radar pics and formations that would have been civilization of a million years ago. It was talked about alot and then just dropped of the face of the earth to be heard about no more. There was a research vessel about the city and then Poof!! nothin!

Hi RUFF! Are you meaning this?

Northeast of Cabo de San Antonio, and down about one-half mile off the western tip of Cuba are large stones in rectangular and pyramidal shapes. There are also huge unidentified structures that have 90 degree corners and are spread along straight corridors on the white sea floor sand.
More...

As I mentioned in the opener, there just may be a Cydonian connection after all!

I think I'll drop a line to Linda and check out any updates.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As a child i always heard that the Southern part of Cuba had sank, and many treasures were there.I dont know if its Atlantis, it could be.

Great find, Mike. Those pictures are incredible!! Cuban schools also teach this to pupils.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yep, thats da one!

At the time I thought. "wow. this is the find of a life-time"! A real Indiana Jones kinda fine, by gosh!!

Then....nothing.

Linda comes on the Art Bell show, "Hi Art", I will follow up on this information with so & so and report back...

I'm waiting (looking in mirror at gray hairs since first reported)

I just get so pissed off when that happens to those kind of stories. (just like that film that was reported to be taken by Green Berets in vietnam on secret re-con mission..of bigfoot type creatures..no follow -up yet after two years)

I mean they can dive 2 miles down to the Titanic while singing Celion Deon songs ...but can't get any more pics of this -lost civilization!! pooey!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
2 things...

1. The lost continent of Atlantis is just a story created by the Greek philosopher Plato. It was a tale, a story, a parable as it were. It had no basis in fact and those that consistently seek out this fable will only wind up with more questions than answers.

2. As far as this revelation about the face near Cuba. Frankly our minds do this from time to time. We like to see faces and we find faces in everything. This does not mean that there is an ancient face at the bottom of the caribbean it just means that some rock formation looks like a face.

I am sorry but currents and erosion as well as growth of sea life would have destroyed any statue sunk beneath the waters. The sea destroys everything. Im sorry mikesingh
this isn't a good discovery. In fact what you have found is nothing more than a natural phenomenon that occurs everywhere.

Unlike the Cydonia face on mars this face is more exposed to an even more damaging environment. If this had been some sort of statue it would have been unrecognisably eroded long ago.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If this had been some sort of statue it would have been unrecognisably eroded long ago.

You are aware that there have been plenty of statues recovered from beneath the oceans......aren't you?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Yes, however those have only been submerged for hundreds not thousands of years. Those statues were not exposed to the elements of the sea as long as what would be described in Plato's Atlantis myth. If given the time frame of the Atlantis myth this statue would be completely eroded and destroyed by the time this image was taken.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
MikeS you are one of the reasons I come here. Fabulous find! If that is not signs of an advanced city I don't know what is.

Can't agree there whatukno. Remember the ancient artifacts found after the tsunami in banda aceh?

[edit on 6/1/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It makes one wonder what sort of cataclysmic event must be at hand to dessimate and submerge a continent. Pole shift?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
mike, you are grasping at straws bubba... i would love to go cloud watching with you one day...it would be a trip.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Like jpm just said, Mike you are amazing. Ive seen many of your threads, and they are all amazing. I can show my friends and family and they all take it seriously unlike some of the other threads on here.

This is quite amazing, i like the first picture that does look like a grid network of a once thriving city. It would be interesting to send some archiologists down there and see what they can turn up. The other picture that looked like a grid, kinda reminded me of like some duplexes or even a sub-burb like area.

Im curious how close that face is to this possibly lost city? Im also curious if this face was man made, what could its significance be and why is there one that is almost identical to the one on Mars?

Whatukno, i dont know much of sea life, but wouldnt sea life grow faster on certain materials then others? So if this face was truly man made could it be made out of something that the sea couldnt wear down as easily? Just a thought, please correct me if im wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow Mike, really outstanding! starred and flagged

The face is even visible on Google Earth... go to coordinates:

Lat: 16° 0'50.20"N Long: 78°54'56.35"W

Isn't this the same area that Edgar Cayce predicted Atlantis would be found?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But according to Google Earth, the 'face' is 16 miles long and is extremely pixellated, you can see loads of similar patterns all over the Ocean areas on Google earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join