It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educating Creationism, the self destructive project.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Me, I typically would jump at the chance to tell people why religion should be kept out of schools, but... this time, they're teaching themselves a lesson... and I wouldn't want to step in the way of education. Heh.

Now that it's on it's way through, and to be implemented into the US education system, I will tell you why it's such a bad idea.

When formulating a lesson plan, a teacher/professor will typically only teach children that which they don't already know. Teaching kids what is already obvious to them, is a waste of time, and good teachers avoid this at all costs.

With that being said... you didn't specify WHICH religion to follow when teaching creationism.

So, the Christian kids, YOUR kids (I address this to Christians), having already been taught about Christianity by YOU and your church, will not be taught Christianity in schools. As I mentioned, they already know about it, so whats the point in regurgitating?

The teachers and professors will be left no option but to teach your children about religions other than Christianity. They will essentially be backed into a corner, and will find the only option is to teach Islam, Hindu, or any other religion on the planet OTHER than Christianity.

At first, I tried to warn some of the Creationism proponents that they are making a decision that will harm their religion... but hey, since when did I ever like religion?

So I've saved it for later... and here it is.

You asked for it.
And I told you so.

You can flame me all you want.
The point is, you will see this happen, and I am not going to do a thing to stop it... in fact, I might just do what I can to ensure Creationism stays in schools, so you can savor your lesson. At least that way, when it does get revoked... you'll know never to try that again.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think just telling kids that evolution is only a theory is good enough, instead of ramming evolution or creationism down there throtes, just give them the well known FACTS about biology and the universe, not theories that have never and never will be able to be proven. You got to admit, even if things did go the way you guys say, ya never can really prove it, all you have is speculation and some facts, all creationists have is speculation and some facts. I think we need to let the kids make up there own minds. BTW I'm a Christian that believes in young earth creationism, just so people know my stance.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't see why teaching the possibility of creation means you have to endorse a specific religion. Like jimmyjackblack said, teach the facts. Then you can leave it open to creation, evolution, and whatever else.

Maybe even have an in-class debate. Then again, maybe not, it would probably erupt in physical violence, like if you put all the ATS members on O&C in a room together.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alcove

Yeah, WWIII (or WWIIII, or WWIIIII or what ever the count is now) would probably break out, I'd just yell at everyone and the Athiests would break out nija costumes and the pagans would eat some mushrooms, then the universe would emplode and we'd have nothing to worry about
Hmm... Doesn't sound like a bad idea after all.

-Jimmy

new topics

top topics

join