It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going out on a thin limb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What if our way of carbon dating is all wrong?
I am a believer in both Religion(and by religion, I mean "something" created us, and checks up on us from time to time) and Science, so I've always had problem, with Adam and Eve AND finding of Cro-Magnon ,Neanderthal etc.
Common theory is that the development of writing enabled people to record and save information, thus marking the beginning of their history. That occurred about 5,500 years ago. People before that are labeled as prehistoric. Scientists speculate that the first humans on earth lived about 2 million years ago; however, they are probably linked to prehuman ancestors who lived at least 4 million years ago.
But the Bible really never specifies an "age" especially since "bible time" IE age of people seems to be different than "our time"
What if cavemen , were failed experiments, and instead of just euthanizing them they simple moved them from where the agreed location of the Garden of Eden is supposed to be (In the area of the Tigris and Euphrates river)
"DISCUSSION QUESTION: What modern country is the site of what was once the Garden of Eden? According to the Bible, the Garden of Eden was near several rivers.
Genesis 2:10 �A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; . . . 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; . . . 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris ; . . .And the fourth river is the Euphrates. www.ebibleteacher.com...

And moved them to parts of Africa (Lucy) --(Lucy was the "first" and oldest found I believe)
Australia, France, etc.

Could it be that it took several millenia for "the creator"
to get it right?
I've seen previous questions asked as to why there are no dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible , but in a sense there were

www.abovetopsecret.com...

quoting from
RogueOne
Job 40:15-24
15 "Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!

This could also clear up the questions regarding why we are not a bunch of inbreeds since according to the Bible there were only Adam and Eve and their descendants, yet when Cain was sent to the Land of Nod (in Hebrew Nod means wander) he found a woman.

Just trying to fuse the two systems (religion and Science) together to see if they would make better sense.

Any comments?

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by NetStorm]

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
NetStorm, if you check a little farther in Genesis (5:4) it tells you Adam had other sons and daughters.
In the process of carbon dating do the scientists ever take into account in their calculations the deluge? Wouldn�t the deluge if included in the calculations and in determining the dating make the results of millions and billions of years bogus?
Certainly the sciences and the study of our Creator can be melded together, what stops these two groups from doing just that is each is stuck in their preconceptions.

ET3

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Carbon dating is bunk because of what was mentioned. The earth was swaddled in clouds for thousands of years before the flood stopping most of radiation absorption.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wonder what that coverage would have looked like from space. Would it possible resemble the coverage that Jupiter has, it is claimed to be gaseous but I am referring to the outward appearance. Venus has a thick coverage, would there be any resemblance to a total planet water/cloud radiation filter?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Even if carbon dating was a false science, there are still plenty more ways of telling the age of things.

The Earth's geology and geography are two of the best clocks available.

ET3

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Earth would have looked a lot like Venus with its cloud layers I would think. Such a cloud layer would have easily stopped most all radiation from reaching the surface. The earth�s thermosphere can contain an unbelievable amount of water.

There are many scientists that will debate just how old certain aspects of our past really are. Many geologists have stated widely varied opinions on how old some eras were. The history that modern �accepted theories� have painted often don�t match with what history and ancient writings, tales, and legends tell us.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by ET3]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This thread will be short because the techno-crats will not accept nor, let live a thing called faith for long in the realm.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
NetStorm~~
have you seen this link to Eden. One location may be in Bahrain

www.bibleandscience.com...

Could it be that it took several millenia for "the creator" to get it right.

Well, I don't know, maybe the creator had help from other inhabitants? Other civilzations, more advanced, procreated with earth women?

top topics

join