It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FM modulators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I decided I wanted to hook my iPod up to my car stereo. Considering it's a factory radio from almost 20 years ago I couldn't find any AUX or line-in plugs anywhere, so it looks like a wired FM modulator is the next best thing.
But I dunno whether to get em on the net or a shop, or whether I should install a switch to turn it off.
Also, is another switch needed to disable the cars antenna, which Ive read you should do?

Anyone know anything about these?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
my friend had an in-lin modulator once - you connect it between your antenna and your stereo. i think he still had to use a station that didn't have much of a signal. the sound quality was ok, but it wasn't as good as using an aux input or a cd. perfectly acceptable if you're not an audiophile and your area has dead space on the dial.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't know where ؟ U+0020 ‽ ؟(Central Europe, South Africa?) is, but you might try Radio Shack if there's one in your area or a stereo installation center.

[edit on 2008/5/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Australia

I was just asking a mate today, and he showed me what he's done with his car. 3 amplifiers, a dozen or so speakers, special subwoofers, direct connection to the battery with wires about 2 inches thick, the biggest bloody fuse Ive ever seen in my life, sheesh! If I could get something maybe 1/4 as good Id be happy forever.

He's system is so loud he can't use it while it's raining because the windscreen wipers bounce too much.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Australia

I should have known to start counting east from the IDL instead of west from the Prime Meridian, but I momentarily lost my bearings.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Found an amp hidden under the seat. Any way I can hook something directly up to this?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you go to crutchfield they show a list of Ipod adapters.

Do you have cd changer plug in on the back?

if so you can get wires that plug in there.

It may be best just to buy a new stereo. You can a kenwood for around $170.00.

That's what I did, I used the PAC Ipod Adapter wire. I also drill a small hole in the face place, and pull the PAC Adapter through. It works slick.

I then got some Infinity proprietary speakers and some Sony xplodes. It sounds awesomely clear, even the bass. It could use a little help with some bass, but nothing huge.

top topics

join