It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tax Plan:Increases to Poor/Middle Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"As the Bush administration draws up plans to simplify the tax system, it is also refining arguments for why it may be necessary to shift more of the tax load onto lower-income workers."

AND

"Economists at the Treasury Department are drafting new ways to calculate the distribution of tax burdens among different income classes, which are expected to highlight what administration officials see as a rising tax burden on the rich and a declining burden on the poor. The White House Council of Economic Advisers is also preparing a report detailing the concentration of the tax burden on the affluent and highlighting problems with the way tax burdens are calculated for the poor."

AND

"The Treasury Department is working up more sophisticated distribution tables that are expected to make the poor appear to be paying less in taxes and the rich to be paying more."

AND

"The president is making the case that people who earn between $50 [thousand] and $75,000 a year should be paying a third more taxes," Matsui said. "I'd love to debate him on that."

www.washingtonpost.com...

The argument that Democrats are for tax increases and Republicans are for tax relief is being drawn into telling & ironic contrast with the moves by the Bush administration. The table was set last month in the Wall Street Journal editorial where they actually called the poor "Lucky Duckies" because they don't pay as much tax; it was a test balloon floated by the Machevelli White House to gauge the debate for this forth coming heinous action. If your whole Cabinet has a net worth in excess of $20M ( with some six times that ), I guess a certain perspective is in majority, no?
Add to that the the Congressional Class of 2003 is half made up of Millionaires ( 11 Freshmen alone ) who will be facing the conflict of interest to vote on laws that affect the industries where their fortunes were made and the tax codes which govern their bracket, and we ( us folks making $20K to $150K ) are coming up on the short end of the stick...guranteed.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I see Bushboy doing just what daddy did... "read my lips, no second term"!!!

BAH-HAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

And once again, all is right with the world!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 08:28 AM
link   
And then there's the estate tax break that's being planned, too....

It's amazing how in 2 short years he's gone from a reasonably balanced budget left by the Clinton admin to going wildly in the hole on spending (while dropping taxes.) He has no clue where the money comes from or what it means.

We're going to be in deep financial doo-doo by the time he's done with us. Remember, he owned... and bankrupted two oil businesses. He can do the same with the US.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
I see Bushboy doing just what daddy did... "read my lips, no second term"!!!

What concerns me most is, "How much more damage is he going to inflict *before* he's out of Office?" Once the damage is done, it's done...Whether he "serves" (Notice that sarcasm should be implied in this use of the word "serve") a second term or not.

top topics

join