It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you use your mind to see a 3d image on this 2d picture?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I thought they stopped making these 10 years ago

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruggeder

That's what I thought too. You aren't "opening your mind" or "expanding your consciousness" if you can see the 3d images. You are simply sending a different image to each eye. The seemingly random dots are positioned in such a way that when you get each eye lined up correctly, they fool your brain into thinking it sees depth. They are called "Stereograms" and were pretty popular in the mid 90's. Most malls had a store devoted to them untill they passed out of popularity.
There are thousands on yahoo images

There are even Stereogram Flash Animations

And it's easy to create your own

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It really jumps out at you once you see it, and having seen it, it's then hard to NOT see it

I think of other dimensions, and I think of higher (Faster?) or lower/slower vibrational states.... Like, for example, what if we could perceive life at a plant's perception rate (supposing that plants had the same visual faculties)... would humans and other "fast" creatures be invisible? Would the world look horrifically violent and continually changing?

Or, OR! I could be full of beans. History would suggest the latter as a sound postulate.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Cool, this reminds me of stereoscopic images. If you can get these to work, search for some of those, some are really amazing.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
And it's easy to create your own

Yup, I went searching and found a program to make some. They are pretty fun to make.

Here's one.

Hope you can see it.

The lettering gets a little messed up when I reduce the file. It says "GRIFF".

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks to all that have posted, Griff, i still cant see them...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"a sailboat!" (Mallrats reference)

...couldn't resist. i used to amaze my friends because i could glance at these things and see the image. not exactly a talent, but for some reason they had a harder time with them.

in 6th grade there was a girl i was friends with and she had a Magic Eye book. she wasn't the prettiest but she was wicked smart and i found that attractive. page 8 had a heart on it. i slipped her a note that said "I (page 8) you." she laughed at me. i tried to blow it off but it ended up being this really awkward situation. ruined my confidence with women. heartless b*#(^. why are women evil?! all they do is torment us!!! even my wife will stand by and watch me do stupid crap just so she can get a laugh out of it.

what were we talking about? oh, right. my bad. =)

i think the stereogram was an illustration to the narrators message. it wasn't trying to say "if you can see this picture then you can become a god."

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Magic Eye!! YAY!! I love these. I've heard that some people are physiologically incapable of seeing these becasue you need to have a sort of realaxed peripheral focus and some peoples' eyes just won't do it???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join