It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merlin Narrow Escape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Heres an interesting image;

On 14th May the Royal Navy very nearly dropped one of its AW Merlin ASW helicopters over the side of HMS Illustrious!

It was being repositioned on the deck of the carrier in preparation for a visit by the Queen when the vehicle towing it fell off the side of the ship, the Merlin very nearly followed it down but, with the radome helping to slow it down, the towbar, which can be seen dangling in the picture, became detached.

The3 driver of the vehicle was rescued and the Merlin suffered only minor damage but I bet a few hearts were in mouths as it skidded towards the edge

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
'One I'm sure would not have been amused'

This is just further proof of the idiotic size of the 'Invincibles'

If we had a Nimitz, hell you could drive drunk without fear of going overboard.

Incidently heard that the CVF is now offically ordered, not good news for the other two services.

Jensy

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It wasn't ready to die! It's gotta be majick! Merlin did it again! How symbolic!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yes jensy, manufacturing phase on the new carriers was authorised on 20th May, surprised there isn't a thread about it. Maybe on Weaponry?

[edit on 24-5-2008 by waynos]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Yes jensy, manufacturing phase on the new carriers was authorised on 20th May, surprised there isn't a thread about it. Maybe on Weaponry?

[edit on 24-5-2008 by waynos]

Theres a thread that discusses the new carriers here i believe? www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

join