It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering Coordinates in Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess this can go here, since I do need to be Educated lol..

Yea I know this should be easy to figure out but I still cant figure out how
to use coordinates to get to a destination in Google Earth.
Ive seen it many times, especially on here, someone will post coordinates of something interesting or significant and I dont know where the hell to put them in the program to get to that place for me to see it lol.
Yea its a noob question but its something thats been bugging me since I first began to use that app.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just type it in like this. 32 40 34.06N, 117 09 27.78W Or this to go to Area 51
37 14 18.06N, 115 48 34.83W Make sure you space after each number and put a comma between both coordinates. I hope this helps a little.

Degrees, hours, minutes, seconds.

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Solarskye]

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What I mean is, where do I enter it on Google Earth so that it will actually navigate to the spot that those coordinates point to..

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
In the upper left of the google earth search there should be a fly to box that you can type it in.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

So, thats where you put the coordinates to then?
Then I dont know why it doesnt work for me because whenever I do put them in there, nothing ever comes up.
Ive tried several times and not just typing them in there, I will even copy and paste coordinates that are given on posts in here and it doesnt work..
Thanks anyway, I guess theres something else im doing wrong.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Put this coordinates in exactly like this. 37 14 18.06N, 115 48 34.83W

Then hit the search magnifying glass and it should take you to Area 51. Just make sure you space between the numbers and a decimal between your minutes and seconds. Don't forget the coma, between the two coordinates. Other than that I don't know?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
LOL, ok that worked..
So actually what I was doing wrong was the copy/paste instead of entering them in there in the proper format..
Thanks solar for the info and for being patient with my ignorant a**

peace

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

You are welcome.
And it's not ignorance if you don't know and you're asking question to find the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would guess that this thread is not the best to post in, but I am unsure where to put it, so if the moderator wants to move it, be my guest!

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 350 a while back and found some pre-loaded favorites that puzzled me. I finally got Google Earth up and running and though this was quite strange...

There were 3 pre-loaded favorites which just showed Garmin offices (I assume anyway).

There were Garmin Europe, Garmin Taiwan and Garmin (without a designation, but the map shows Kansas, US).

So far no strangeness...

However, there was one pre-loaded favourit called just "001" which seems to be located in a park in London very near Downing Street.

I have no idea why my garmin would have these co-ordinates pre-programmed...

The co-ordinates are (and I write them as garmin does):
The (o) below should be the "degree" sign btw

N 51(o) 30.234', W000(o)07.910'

Anyone in London that could take a look at this site?

//k

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kickass

The co-ordinates you entered for the location in London?

It's 'Inn The Park', a restaurant. Enter 'Inn The Park, SW1A 2BJ' and you get a point just to the NE of your co-ordinates, in the middle of some trees. Slightly off, but you can see that's the nearest building. This place used to be built 'into' the bank behind it, so it had a grass-covered roof- as on google maps-, but more recently it's been turned into a patio area.

I've been to Inn The Park many a time; great Afternoon Tea and, whilst I'm sure they keep the recipes for their pastries top-secret, nothing to be concerned about. I'm sure it's proximity to government buildings makes it a popular place for lunch meetings, but apart from that...

Maybe someone at Garmin is a fan of their cucumber sandwiches?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
On Google Mars,type these coordinates to see a purple face: 12°12'57.30"S
71°32'49.93"E

new topics

top topics

join