It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passion tickets bear 'mark of the beast'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tickets at one movie theater screening Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" are being deemed decidedly unholy.

The number 666, which many Christians recognize as the "mark of the beast," is appearing on movie tickets for Gibson's film at a Georgia theater, drawing complaints from some moviegoers.

link - www.cnn.com...

The machine that prints tickets assigned the number 666 as a prefix on all the tickets for the film, said Gary Smith, owner of the Movies at Berry Square in northwest Georgia. The 666 begins a series of numbers that are listed below the name of the movie, the date, time and price.

"It's from our computer and it's absolutely a coincidence," Smith said. "It has nothing to do with the film company or any vendor. It's completely in our computer."

Is it really a coincidence or is there something "bigger" going on here ?

If you received one of these tickets, would you accept it or ask for another pass, as one movie go'er did ?

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That is super funny. I bet people are like WTF. LMAO... good find

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Next you will see those tickets being sold on ebay.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
in the article it said that one patron demanded a different "pass" to see the movie, they didn't want the ticket with 666 on it.

I remember when I was a kid, my mom was shopping and the price after tax was $6.66, so she bought a pack of chewing gum to change the price...

I didn't understand why at the time, but the gum sure was good...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I had a car once with 666 on the number plate - it was one of the best I have driven.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is really mind boggling to me why so many clutch on to superstitions like this.

Stepping on a crack WILL NOT break your mother's back as much as you may like it too.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't care if I got a pass with such numbers on it. It's not like you've really got to hold on to it, anyway.
lol, I probably wouldn't even notice, anyway. I just look and make sure the ticket is for the right movie and then don't look at it again.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
that's some funny shiznik

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by ButtMonkey]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
coincidence that and nothing more

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
SUPER FUNNY

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NIIIIIIIIIIICE

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Do they also avoid black cats?

( a black cat crosses my path )

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It still amazes me how "born again" Christians, and others, still hold on to these crazy superstitions. I'm trying to remember, but didn't 666 really represent some radically evil king/emperor back in that time? If I recall, it never actually meant it was the sign of the devil, or the "beast." It was just skewed by bigotry to represent that.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
there are no coincidences, or equally true, everything is a co-incident.
wyrd up, man.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Noting that some buildings do not have a 13th floor on their elevators or lifts if you are in the UK, it would appear that a similar accomodation would accord to such tickets. The actual number was supposedly a code word from the early Christians pointing to Nero, probably due to the "sex-sex-sex," of the Romans, presumably their bi-sexual orgies. Since that time in the approach-avoidance conflict of apocolyptic thought, whether it is exploitation or any sincere convocation of religious belief, there is something deeper than only superstition.

It looks also that RFID is the newest candidate for the "Mark of the Beast," since it marks goods ("no one can buy or sell without it.") and supposedly they would easily put it on your forehead as an "implant." Buy the way (no pun intended) microwave tests of the new colorful money indicate it's RFID is in the right eye of the 20 dollar bill, or on the left hand side of how you face it.
So where are the Christians fighting against RFID? Are they just sneaking this one by us?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Too funny!

THERE IS NO FUTURE, NO FUTURE! AAAAAH! AAAAAH ANARCHY! ANARCHY! AAAAAAH!...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

It looks also that RFID is the newest candidate for the "Mark of the Beast," since it marks goods ("no one can buy or sell without it.") and supposedly they would easily put it on your forehead as an "implant." Buy the way (no pun intended) microwave tests of the new colorful money indicate it's RFID is in the right eye of the 20 dollar bill, or on the left hand side of how you face it.
So where are the Christians fighting against RFID? Are they just sneaking this one by us?

I too think that the RFID could well be the potential candidate for the mark of the beast,
I also think its way strange, that the no. 666 is found on tickets of a movie about the life of christ, it could well be some kind of sick joke, actually mel gibson playing christs is a bit of a sick joke too but hey thats hollywood for you!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
THEN IT WOULD BE ON EVERY TICKET FROM EVERY THEATER THAT IS PLAYING THE MOVIE!

AND LOOK IN YOUR THICK BIBLES... LOOK AT THE PAGE NUMBERS! CHRIST ALMIGHTY, THERE IS A PAGE 666, RIGHT IN THE BIBLE! DESTROY IT!

I know return you to your regularly schedualed ranting. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

actually mel gibson playing christs is a bit of a sick joke too but hey thats hollywood for you!

Actually... If you would actually research something or watch the movie before you make ignorant comments you would realize that Mel Gibson doesn't play Christ. He's the director, not the actor.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I heard on art bell a while back.. that everything with a barcode some how had 666 on it..

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Dam, cant even see a movie these days without selling yourself to the devil.

Dad: who wants to go hell?
Kids: I do, I do.
Litlle boy:Hells the # daddy!

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Eternal]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join