It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora Texas, the first 'Roswell'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mr. Marrs,

I recently saw you speaking in a documentary about the Aurora, Texas UFO crash of 1897. This documentary was the first I'd heard about this amazing event and wanted your take on a lot of the points made.

In the end, the documentary all but concluded that it was a hoax perpetrated by a known 'trickster' journalist. I'm not so sure however.

According to the accounts, there should be massive amounts of evidence for the crash. Pieces of debris were thrown into a well and subsequent mutations of the townspeople who drank from that well occurred. There was allegedly an alien body buried, and there were eyewitness accounts that held firm for decades. Of course none of those witnesses are available for comment now, but there are 2nd and 3rd hand accounts from children and grandchildren of witnesses.

So, my question is, would it be likely that we could find evidence today of a crash that occurred 111 years ago? Could we dig up the grave of the alien? Although the marker has long since removed, there are techniques for finding buried bodies using ultrasound and sonar. Might it also be possible to try to locate some of the debris that was thrown down the old well?

I'll also keep in mind that after 111 years it is likely that the government agencies responsible for just about every cover up imaginable has long since removed any evidence of alien contact.

What are your thoughts on this Mr. Marrs.

Thanks

Ras

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I believe Mr. Marrs touches up on the Aurora UFO story towards the beginning of his book Alien Agenda.

Marrs, a former Star-Telegram reporter, visited the Aurora Cemetery in 1973 along with a fellow reporter from the Dallas Times-Herald.
source

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Oh, I guess I've gotta buy the book

I'll put it on my list!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

The History Channel series UFO Hunters is doing an episode on the Aurora crash. They got permission to dig up the well and test the materials. The University doing the testing is keeping what they find under wraps until the episode airs. I don't know when the second season begins, probably in the fall or January 2009.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Howdy Ras,

Forgive my tardy response to your questions regarding the Aurora spaceship crash of
1897 but my satellite Internet system has been on the blink for some time and I just
now have gotten back online trouble free (knock on wood!) I was highly skeptical of
the Aurora story when I first began working on it back in 1973 but today I am
confident that something unearthly did occur there in the spring of 1897. Since
there has been no official in-depth investigation, accounts of this event fell into
personal narratives and it has been easy to dismiss them. But recently there was a
well-mounted scientific investigation and, while I am constrained not to reveal
details at this time, I can say, watch your TV guide for the new season on the
History Channel of UFO Hunters and be sure to watch the program on Aurora. It will
answer your questions.

Jim Marrs

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Last night's UFO Hunters on History Channel was quite good. There were some findings to indicate whether or not something crashed or was a hoax. Here are a few tidbits learned:

1. The crew found the windmill that was destroyed by the object. This was the debunkers biggest argument that the crash didn't happen because there was no windmill or part of one. When they started digging by the well, the discovered the supports for the windmill. This was verified by an archeologist who specialized in the time frame of the 19th Century.

2. The well did exist and was built around the time frame of the late 19th century. Verified by the archeologist on site.

3. No material was found in the well, but the water was tested and had a high aluminum count.

4. Some materials found by the current owners son were examined. They were aluminum with a trace of iron. At the time of the crash, aluminum was very expensive, and the alloy that was tested was not used at that time.

5. Traces of metal were indicated in the 200 year old oak tree. The tree also had a large old dead branch, indicating a possible fire a long time ago.

6. For the first time ever, the son of the rancher who had the "mysterious" illness was interviewed. His son currently owns the ranch, and it has been in the family since the 1930s. He claims his father had gout and other medical problems explaining the photos of him with the mysterious condition. He also remembers his father removing metal pieces out of the well to use it. He states he drank from the well, and was fine.

7. The team also checked the cemetery and found an unmarked grave with sonar. It has collapsed, and whomever was buried can not be made out. Perhaps in the future the owners of the cemetery allow it to be dug up on that site.

Overall, the conclusion was that something did indeed happen in Aurora Texas in 1897. This is not a hoax. Was it a test pilot for a new kind of balloon or was it extraterrestrial in nature? These questions can now be addressed as it has been proven to not be a hoax. This is one of the good reasons to have a scientific inquiry on a rumored crash site. The episode will be reran throughout the week and is highly recommended.

Edited to add:

Jim Marrs is also in this episode to talk about the incident. He is quite correct on the information found on the site.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just watched a program about this that was aired on the history channel .

Don't know when this was recorded but , it left a lot of questions unanswered . Is there anything else that comes to some sort of conclusive evidence ?

top topics

join