It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Jackinthebox convicted on lesser charge in police abuse case

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

So I ask you, what are you doing? If the answer isn't LAWSUIT, then you admit that you are lying about what happened.

I don't see how you figure that to be logical at all. There are quite a few reasons why I chose not to sue, and it had nothing to do with what actually happened that night.

You must not have a very good understanding of how politics works, especially in NY.

The police can't sit around and hope you aren't dangerous...

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? I posed no threat to them. Or maybe the police should just tase everyone they speak with, just in case?

Sorry but that's the only fact in this thread, if you're drinking and it's 1 in the morning, just stay home so you'll stay out of trouble. What do you think the odds would have been that the police were going to trample all over your liberty if you just passed out on the couch instead of cause an incident? I would guess 0%.

You guess wrong. This man was shot five times by police when they burst into his home while he was sleeping...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do some research, you'll find that even in little old grandmas in bed asleep aren't safe. Like the one who was shot dead by police because they got the wrong house.

Instead of assuming we're all stupid, maybe think critically that someone on here might actually be trying to help you, even if it comes off as an insult or a personal attack on you.

Instead of being stupid enough to think that insults and personal attacks will get you anywhere near the truth, stop and think for a second that there might just be some legit reasons why I wouldn't sue the department.

You can recover from this!

"Recover" from this? I hate to burst your bubble, but I am not so self-absorbed to let this dominate my life in any way. All in all, my case wasn't really any big deal at all. I've taken a lot worse beatings in my life.

What is important however, is the trend. The abuses that go on that never make it to the newspaper. The things that happen that no one realizes until it is themselves, or their children who become the victims of systemic police brutality.

What is important is that you are a frog in a boiling pot on the stove. I pray that you wake up and realize this, soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Thanks for your post.

Time to move on with your life.

Indeed. As I have posted before, it wasn't really any big deal in the overall scheme of things really. The trend is far more important to me than any "revenge" for a few bumps and bruises. It doesn't affect my personal life one way or the other at this point, other than when I take the time to discuss it here.

I am more concerned about people's attitudes toward someone who comes forward with an incident like this. I am more concrened that this, and far worse, is allowed to go on night after night while people continue to look the other way, or even go out of their way to defend it. I am more concerned that people think that I am trying to gain something from this personally, when I personally have nothing to gain or lose here. But the citizenry has much to lose, and that is what concerns me most.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's really too bad you've chosen this route, hopefully your eyes will be opened by someone that's a better communicator than I. Good luck to you!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well, I expected to come back and find something more baiting, beligerent, or obtuse than that. So you leave with my respect then. And best of luck to you as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Take the chance to do better, be better, treat others better, and make an improvement...don't just assume that you know what's best.

I'm sorry, but I just can't let this part go. You should share this piece of insight with the police who decide it's okay to beat on people, or taze people with broken backs, old men in hospital beds, old ladies in nursing homes, blind women, pregnant women, cancer patients, on and on.

It is the police who are afraid, the police who jump at shadows, the police who live in constant fear. Yet you accuse me of such, when I want no part of it. It is the police who are so deathly afraid of every person they deal with, that without thought, they react violently.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself, fear the police.

[edit on 7/29/0808 by jackinthebox]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join