It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi SSJ-100 Takes To The Air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The SSJ100’s debut flight on monday may 19th 2008 was captained by Alexander Yablontsev, Chief Pilot of Sukhoi Civil Aircraft, and a test pilot Leonid Chikunov. The crew spent 1 hour and 5 minutes in flight. In due accordance with the launch flight mission, the new Russian aircraft gained the height of 1, 200 meters.

Well, at least we know it works.

Source

How do you think this aircraft will stack up to the others that are presented by Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, and Embraer?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Its a tough crowd to break into esp if theya re going head to head with Bombardier and Embraer. Those are its real compeditors. I don't think this will be a huge impact on Boeing or Airbus (In fact Boeing is a sub contractor for the jet). Nor does either producer have a jet in the 75-95 seat range that this one posseses.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yeah I'd have to agree with Fred. The seat range here is head to head with Bombardier and they already have the experience in place to run with and sell their aircraft in that market. It would be an uphill battle but in a way its always nice to have other people out there pushing you to work harder.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bombardier, Embraer, Mitsubishi and Sukhoi. Can the market support four different models all chasing the same market segment?

I think that Sukhoi and Mitsubishi will have a hard time internationally but Sukhoi will be helped by the Russian govts instruction to Aeroflot to buy it instead of the preferred (but now foreign) An 148.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Who would you say has the best market/product awareness in the industry? To me in my position and looking for where I can make my profession fit with Aviation and companies like Bombardier a lot of their sales is due to the sales teams @ these companies and the marketing material that makes it easy to understand why an airline should choose their plane.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

In this sector I am most impressed by Embraer, although that has more to do with where they came from in just 37 years. Interestingly Embraer are now considering launching a 50 seat turboprop, after the market for jets of this size collapsed, they seem to be the most pro-active company.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Second Sukhoi Superjet-100 has made maiden flight

MOSCOW, December 24 (Itar-Tass) -- A second Sukhoi Superjet-100 has made the maiden flight in Komsomolsk-on-Amur. The manufacturer – Sukhoi Civil Aircraft – has told Prime-Tass the plane took off from the factory’s airfield to stay in the air for two hours and thirty minutes.

So number 2 is in the air, apparently with some updates to the aircraft's software. Looks like it's on good track to get into production, but that 3rd-quarter delivery date is gonna start looming pretty quick.

Source

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Boeing and airbus arn`t players in the regional jet market - the 737-600 has sold 69 aircraft with the line closed and airbus have sold *to date* 100 A318-100 but the line is still open

of course the `big boys` in the regional jet segment are Embraer E-Jet (890 delivered to date) and Bombardier CRJ series (400+ either delivered or on order)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
How do you think this aircraft will stack up to the others that are presented by Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, and Embraer?

Hard to say.

The best regional "jets" in the world right now are the Bombardier Dash-8s.

Everything else is grossly inefficient in comparison (including the CRJs).

When the fuel prices were very high, operators of Dash-8s were laughing, while the others were in tears looking at their fuel bills!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Was poking around on the interwebs and found this article on the Sukhoi site.

Komsomolsk — The Third Sukhoi Superjet 100 Joins the Flight Test Campaign

Today, the third Sukhoi Superjet 100 flight prototype SN 95004 took to the air from Komsomolsk adding momentum to the flight test campaign. Prior to this, the flight test campaign included the first two flying prototype aircraft — SSJ100 # 95001 and # 95003.

This first Flight of SN 95004 began at 07:44 p.m. local time and lasted 1 hour and 21 minutes (landing local time -09:05 p.m.). The purpose of the flight was to check all aircraft system operations and to confirm their ability to ensure the safety o f the aircraft. The first flight of SSJ100 SN 95004 was quite similar to the flights performed to check the ramp-up production aircraft prior to delivery.

Source

Flying testbed number 3 is up in the air, looks like the program is proceeding pretty well for them. Turns out that this will also be fitted with passenger equipment as well in line with getting closer and closer to production models of the aircract.

top topics

join