It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Real" McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You have to watch this video, its hilarious and disturbing at the same time,
Sometimes it is really hard to believe how easily politicians can lie, there is no way in hell I could lie like this for any position..

Original source

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You know, its intriguing to me, that originally my first thought on hearing Mccain was the GOP nom, was that I was relieved. It could have been so much worse. I'd always thought of him as a bit moderate, and sane, and responsible, honorable.

But I think, more and more, it's because I had no real knowledge of him, only tiny bits and bytes. I'm realizing, again, more and more, that he isn't the man I thought he was.

This video was forwarded to me a few days ago, and I was, as the OP was, both amused and disturbed. I think it's important to see how politicians work.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Hey, Im right there with you Jade, I used to feel the same way about McCain.
Over the last 10 or so years I would catch tidbits of news about things McCain would say or do for the state of Arizona.
He was always regarded as a maverick, going against the GoP when he felt it necessary, I wouldnt always agree with his position but I admired him and his courage for standing up to Washington.
Are there any good, decent politicians left or was there ever any to begin with?
Btw, he is and always has been a very poor presidential candidate, I was actually disappointed that he is the GoP nominee.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. I admire McCain for his war record, but do not want him as president. He has no sympathy for the working class. He will do nothing about illegal immigration because all of his rich friends enjoy the cheap labor paid under the table.

Barak and Hillary are just as bad. The key to a better America is to fire all the Democrats and Republicans.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I also share your sentiment. But I also think that McCain deep inside has not changed that much. I think he tone down his platform in order to become more electable and gain the nomination for his party, unfortunately the flip flopping is going to cost him hard in the elections, adding that the Obama campaign has already label him an extension of Bush and his policies.

I use to like the former McCain the straight talker, no nonsense guy, the one that advocated hard to protect the borders, the one that want it campaign reform, the one that said that we need to talk to our allies, at that time he looked like one of us, the regular folk, but since then he has tone down and had let the dirty money to flow into his campaign.

I still believe or at least hold a hope that if he gets elected he would go back to his old beliefs and if that's the case the country would be in good hands. Unfortunately since I don't know what is on his mind right now I won't vote for him.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Double post! Sorry

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I admire McCain for his war record, but do not want him as president.

Ditto. His really temper concerns me.
I don't like his thoughts on border security either.
And then there is that sell out of the Native Americans in regards to Peabody Oil ...

etc etc etc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join