It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SUBMISSION) (Posted Yesterday - Oops) Chemical Tanker Explodes 50 Miles Off the Coast of Virginia (

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Delete Please

Exxon Valdez size? Thankfully not. But with it's nice "spoonful" of diesel fuel, fuel oil, and ethanol, it could prove to be a "handful" to clean up. Fortunately, as they mention, ethanol dissolves in water. The other chemcials, unfortunately, have the possibility of emulsifying in large quantities.
[More]

CNN Link

The 570-foot Singapore-flagged tanker Bow Mariner was carrying about 3.5 million gallons of ethanol, about 200,000 gallons of fuel oil and 53,000 gallons of diesel fuel from New York to Houston when it exploded about 50 miles east of Chincoteague Island, Virginia, Brice-O'Hara said.

Another unfortunate consequence of this possible, if small, ecological disaster is the 27 crewmen who were aboard. Three of the 27 have been found dead, and 6 were taken alive. I hope some others are found to be alive but the frigid waters off the east coast of Virginia leave little promise. Questions rise of course. What caused the explosion?

Of the crew, 24 were from the Philippines, and three from Greece. The likelihood of a muslim radical being on board from the Philippines (the country is mostly Catholic, a small minority being Muslim, radical ones at that) is a fair shake - in my opinion. It's fairly easy to get a job on a Tanker, especially in the Far East. To create an explosion on one isn't too hard either. There really isn't a need to bring your own explosives - afterall, you are on one giant firestarter's dream.
Of course, it is also a possibility that it was just an "accident." I don't take "small" things like this lightly anymore - I tend to scrutinize. Your input, please.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
so will they admit that it is a terroist attck or not? It can only make you wonder what they will say happened...

hey wow accidently stubbled on this one: could thiese two be connedted since it occured only 50 mile from shore???? www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by samfashow]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'd say its a possibility. Al Quaeda could be going covert - not wanting to give too much coverage to themselves, to keep itself alive. Usually they will say if they have attacked, but if they were smart, I would think that they would say nothing. They already said that they would, in some form or another. So why tell everyone if they have? Secret Government operations are never disclosed to the general public, Al Quaeda would be smart to do the same thing. Although, because the Government doesn't tell you secret operations they have performed, they have the potentiality of being the true terrorists. If you're going to cause death and destruction, why forewarn? For honor? No way.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
already covered yesterday
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
on a side note, when the "terrorists" atacked U.S.S. Cole did they even cliam responsibility or have we blamed them automatically or lack or intelligence on this side??

new topics

top topics

join