It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gigantic cigar shaped UFO, video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi

this UFO was filmed surronded by smaller quick-flying white drones...location USA

Cheerio

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
have seen this personally at the Jersey shore and as everyone was getting excited about it the craft came closer. It was a white Blimp. not saying that is what this is but it reminded me of that day right away.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
For people with dial-up.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrRviewer
have seen this personally at the Jersey shore and as everyone was getting excited about it the craft came closer. It was a white Blimp. not saying that is what this is but it reminded me of that day right away.

I guess what you mean is that you saw something similar. What caught my attention about this video are the orbs flying around the object, never seen blimps with orbs fying around them, but who knows, right.?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

nice video,if you watch closely you can see one of the "orbs" come right out of it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great resolution, I can see an alien waving his tentacle out the window.

He is drinking beer.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmmmn, This sure reminds me of the Salt Lake City "ufo" that was discussed in the following thread:

Link

I did notice the little white circular objects at the 0:19, 0:22, 0:25, 0:41 and 0:44 marks.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Camilo, thanks for sharing this one (and thanks to Miguel for bringing it to my attention). Star and Flag, here.
This is the UFO sighting that took place in Salida, Colorado, on August 27, 1995 @ 9:30 AM, and filmed by Tim Edwards with a 8 mm camera.

www.youtube.com...

The .mpeg format can be downloaded here:
www.crowdedskies.com...

REPORT ON THE SALIDA VIDEO - by Bruce Maccabee

On Sunday, August 27, 1995, at 9:30 AM Tim Edwards of Salida, Colorado, was a witness to a strange aerial object first observed by his young daughter. He described the initial appearance as a slightly arced pencil size object darting around..... approximately 20 degrees west of the sun. At times it appeared more triangular or boomerang shaped on top. As he watched it he realized it wasn't anything usual so he got his 8 mm videocamera with a 8 power zoom. He began to film it and then the battery light came on so he went inside and got another battery. He also called his restaurant in Salida to alert other possible witnesses. One of these people did see it (see below). Some minutes later his father arrived at his house and looked at the object through binoculars. Edwards also called a local radio station to alert others to look. Apparently someone did look, but couldn't see the object because it was too close to the sun. Edwards also called the sheriff's office, a fact confirmed by the sheriff on Sept. 7. The sheriff's office had received no other reports. He also called the National UFO Reporting Hot Line number given to him by the sheriff's office. Between phone calls he filmed the object, managing to obtain only about 6 minutes of video during the roughly 1 hour sighting.
According to Edwards, he and his father, using binoculars, could clearly see a double row of square or rectangular red and then to light green lights moving left to right and then back again. The structure width in between was probably equal to 1/2 - 1 row of the lights. .... We were looking at a disc, circular in shape.. We lost sight of it more than once when it flew into the rays of the sun... it was approximately the width of the full moon....With binoculars the craft looked like a very large circular disc, cigar shaped and outside structure appeared to gyroscope around inner structure. (From the written testimony of Tim Edwards.)
After the sighting was over Mr. Edwards contacted the newsmedia, press and TV. During the following month there were several local and national news stories about the sightings. Other sightings, apparently unrelated (or at least not directly related) were also reported.

Read more here

The available evidence seems to indicate that a large,
whitish object of a shape such that it appeared as a long
thin "cigar" in the video, and which, for at least part of the time,
appeared to have lighted areas moving around on it, was seen
by several witnesses in Salida, Co. on Aug. 27, 1995 .

John Deturo, a computer scientist at the United States Military Academy who has uncovered several UFO hoaxes was interviewed. His conclusions after analysis were:

It appears to be an object flying in the sky. They object either emanates light or reflects light. The Craft moves at incredible speeds.

Inside Edition Reports on the Salida Colorado UFO

Update on Tim Edwards and the Salida, Colorado Footage

SALIDA, COLORADO UFO REPORT (1)

SALIDA, COLORADO UFO REPORT (2)

www.sacred-texts.com...
www.theblackvault.com...
ufologie.net...

[edit on 19/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it could be the SkyCat? SkyCat The SkyCat is pretty big though. That is an interesting video Camilo1.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos, as always you bring light to any subject.

Reading the report from Maccabee it would seem that the witnesses were pretty certain that this was not a blimp, or a zeppelin. Three things have caught my attention. First there are some kind of orbs that seem to come from it or fly around it. The second important characteristic is that this is a clear broad-daylight footage of a UFO, the third is the size, this thing whatever it might have been must have been enormous, and this is what makes this footage special for me.

Thanks again my friend.

Camilo

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was just watching the latest UFO hunters on the old DVR and the Salida, Co UFO sighting was mentioned.

A quick search later and I found this thread.

I thought I would give it some life, we've been bombarded with a lot of lame and hoaxed UFO videos lately, so I thought it would be nice to revisit one of the good ones.

To my knowledge this has yet to be debunked.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have always thought that the way it shines and moves back and forth reminds me of a sunlight reflection off a bit of spider silk, or a fishing line, maybe.

Of course, it appears to be too high up and far away for that. But I wonder if somebody (the Air Force) might not have been testing an enhanced fiber optic guided missile (EFOGM) or something like that which would have left behind a long, single strand of optical fiber with that same kind of reflective quality.

Link to Fiber Optic Guided Missle Info

As the fiber optic strand fell, it would tilt reflect and the "object" would appear to jump back and forth. The cable itself would just fall to the ground and might not even be noticed.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well, this sighting happened in 1995.

I saw on your link something about 1998, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't be more ignorant about military hardware,

Did they have them in 1995?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos -great post!

Found these comments from the link you provided interesting -particularly
the statements regarding aerobatics and companion objects:

THE ASSEMBLED EXPERTS AGREE THAT THE PRINCIPAL, STANDOUT FEATURES OF TIM'S AUGUST 27, 1996 UFO VIDEO CONSIST OF:

1. DAYLIGHT EVENT= A BROAD-DAYLIGHT, CLEAR-SKY RECORD OF AN ULTRA-LARGE UFO (RARE IN ITSELF) WITH UNUSUAL CLARITY AND BOTH NEAR AND FAR OBJECTS (THE ROOF LINE, AIRBORNE DEBRIS, BIRDS AND OTHER MOVING POINTS OF LIGHT AT GREATER DISTANCES) AS WELL AS TRUE LENS FLARE FOR REFERENCE THAT LEAVES NO DOUBT AS TO THE THREE-DIMENSIONAL NATURE OF THE MAIN OBJECT OF INTEREST AND ITS GREAT DISTANCE FROM THE CAMERA.

2. ENORMOUS SIZE= ESTIMATES SO FAR RANGE FROM A LIKELY MINIMUM LENGTH OF 700 ' (DR, BRUCE MACCABEE/MUFON), TO A RANGE OF 1/2 MILE TO AS MUCH AS A MILE IN LENGTH AND FLYING AT AN ALTITUDE OF AT LEAST 60,000' (JIM DILETTOSO/ VILLAGE LABS FOUNDER). IN ANY EVENT, SUCH A SCALE WOULD INDICATE A TREMENDOUS ENERGY REQUIREMENT JUST TO KEEP SUCH A HUGE OBJECT ALOFT, NOT TO MENTION THE ELECTRICAL "CANDLE POWER" REPRESENTED BY THE PULSATING, MULTI-COLORED/ WHITE LIGHT DISPLAY (THE CONFIRMED DOUBLE ROW OF LIGHT PANELS ARE ESTIMATED TO BE 100' TO 200' SQUARE EACH)

3. AEROBATICS= DISPLAYING RAPID, ULTRA HIGH-SPEED, DARTING MOVEMENTS THAT ARE INDEPENDENT OF THE CAMERA ("AT LEAST 10,000 M.P.H." -DILETTOSO) AND THAT ARE TYPICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH ONLY SMALL UFOS, THE EDWARDS "MAIN CRAFT" FOOTAGE IS TOTALLY UNIQUE AMONG UFO IMAGES IN THIS ASPECT ALONE.
TYPICAL FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF THESE VIRUALLY INSTANTANEOUS MOVEMENTS WHEN VIEWED BY THE INVITED EXPERTS WERE OFTEN THAT A HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION OR REFLECTED IMAGE OF SOME KIND WAS RECORDED, NOT A SOLID, THREE- DIMENSIONAL OBJECT WITH GREAT MASS THAT WOULD SEEM TO OTHERWISE PRECLUDE SUCH MOVEMENTS. THAT NOTION HAS BEEN QUICKLY DISCARDED AS IMPOSSIBLE IN ITSELF, TAKING EVERYTHING INTO ACCOUNT THAT IS EVIDENT ON THE TAPE. IN FACT, A RECENT DISCOVERY FROM STUDYING STILL FRAMES PULLED FROM THE EDWARDS VIDEO AT VILLAGE LABS DISCLOSES STRONG PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF A SELF-CONTAINED ENERGY FIELD OR "ENVELOPE" SURROUNDING THE "MAIN CRAFT

4. COMPANION OBJECTS= THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO SUSPECTS POINTS OF LIGHT AT OR NEAR THE SUBJECT ON THE RAW, UNENHANCED VIDEO THAT MAY WELL CORROBORATE THE WITNESSES' DESCRIPTION OF "FRISBEES" OR "BOOMERANGS" COMING OUT OF AND FLYING AROUND THE MAIN OBJECT. THIS ASPECT WOULD BE TYPICAL OF SIGHTINGS OF LARGE "CIGAR" OR TUBE-SHAPED "MOTHER SHIP" UFOS SIGHTED IN MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD OVER A LONG SPAN OF TIME THAT HAVE BEEN SEEN TO DISPENSE MUCH SMALLER "SHUTTLE" CRAFT. ONLY REPEATABLE, INDEPTH DIGITAL ENHANCEMENT ANALYSIS WILL TELL FOR CERTAIN, AND, BEING UP AGAINST THE LOW RESOLUTION PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH VIDEO IMAGERY, THE OBJECTS SEEN VISUALLY MAY PROVE ULIMATELY TO BE TOO SMALL TO DISTANCE FROM TIM'S CAMERA. INDEPENDENT ENHANCEMENT RRESULTS THAT HAVE DISCLOSED AS MANY AS 12 SUCH COMPANION OBJECTS WILL BE CONFIRMED.

Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Still say it came from Germany by way of Hitler's decree
to scrap all the old zeppelins and gave the Count Zeppelin
his walking papers into retirement.

Who Hitler was listening to we do not know.
But the take is that dirigible torpedo of Tesla and Astor
made it to Germany by perhaps 1914.

Although we do not know what Tesla did in Colorado
after 1900 there may be some communications putting
him in that area. Some perhaps wonder if Oregon or
Northern California had Tesla building his dirigible.

There it is in video, amazing.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wish it could have zoomed more so I could see if it had fins like this one, that seems to be a blimp

ufo blimp

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Nice to see this thread is active again.

Not much more to add to what Internos and Karl have said, only wanted to comment on the absence of debunkers on this case...

Where are you guys?

Well documented, lots of witnesses and video, not much more to ask, right?.

Cheerio

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i wish i will see one in my life time

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Does anyone else think it could be the same blimp type craft in the link in my post above?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
While I am clueless as to what the main object in the video clip in the OP's link is (looks awesome, btw) I can't help but think that the 'drones' are just bugs near the video camera lens.

Edit: in fact, if you can freeze frame it at 0.25 you can see the 'rod' type effect, the insects wing movement... (you have to pretty quick with the stop/pause button there, took me a few tries.)

Thoughts?

In fact, here you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fbc3320a21d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join