It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funding for Iraq Includes Amnesty for Illegals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Senate Committee Passes Amnesty for Illegal Ag Workers
(May 16)
At yesterday's markup of the Iraq supplemental appropriations bill, the Senate Appropriations Committee committed an outrageous act of disrespect for our men and women in uniform and to the citizens of this country by adopting an amendment by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) that gives amnesty to illegal-alien agricultural workers. The amendment indicates a maximum of 1.35 million illegal alien ag workers could obtain "emergency agricultural worker status" for a five-year period. Since their families also can obtain this status, it is estimated that the total number receiving an amnesty would reach 3 million.

A vote by the full Senate may occur early next week...

...The most important point to stress is that there is no need for an amnesty to provide growers with workers. There already is an H-2A foreign ag worker program that provides growers with an unlimited number of temporary workers if the growers agree to pay a decent wage and ensure that they go home at the end of the season. Feinstein is just trying to protect the abysmally low wages and bad working conditions that farmworkers labor under....

More underhanded tactics to grant amnesty to illegal aliens by "piggy-backing" it with more funding for Iraq. For one thing, the appropriations for Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with trying to control, stop & reverse the civilian invasion pouring through our national borders.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
amnesty for what about a million illegals,,,,and it will no doubt pass,,,,and most amereicans will never have a clue..

it doesn't seem right that something totally opposite or not related to a bill's main theme can be added and snuck thru like this

this is what makes mme hate gov't and our political system

i saw this yesterday,,,i was alerted thru email and told to write my reps,,,although how much good that will do,,i don't know,,,,,but i will call and email them anyway

am i the only one outraged by crap like this?????

here in nj we have a democrat rep---he has over like 12 mil invested in stocks and military tech,,,,,,think he'll vote no on the continued war funding--hell no----and he represents the voice of the people----my -ss!!!

how can people not vote ron paul and we should all be voting out incumbents regardless,,,,,newbie couldn't be anyworse,,,,,, i want a guy who has never made over 40,000 a year in all offices,,,because he knows the plights of most of america,,,, not the few, the rich, who hold all offices

sorry for the rant,,,,,but gov't is so screwed up,,,and really so are the people,,,we vote them in year after year

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well, well, well...Some good news for a change of pace: I just got an email about an hour ago from the link I provided in the OP. Their news at the site:

Victory! Amnesty, Other Measures Stripped from Iraq Spending Bill
(May 22)

Today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) removed the final objectionable immigration measure from the Iraq supplemental spending bill (H.R. 2642) when he stripped provisions that would have increased H-2B visas for unskilled seasonal workers.

There's more details at the source-link up above, but this pretty well sums it up.

Since this particular issue is pretty much a dead-letter now, I think it's safe to say that this thread could be closed.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

join