It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! The Necronomicon is in the Library of Congress!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Don't believe it? Just check out the cat alogue entry at the Library of Congress!

No wonder the USA is so screwed up!

BTW, you can also buy copies online & from various bookstores, such as Amazon.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I've created a canned search for the title Necronomicon here:

Title search in LOC for Necronomicon

the link in the first post will time out if tried. Since ten different titles show up in the search, which of these is considered the most "sinister"?

[edit on 5/15/2008 by Toromos]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of the timeout at the LOC...Thanks for inclusion of the canned search.

I would have to say that it would be the book that includes "Azif" in the title: It's the version that most closely adheres to Lovecraft's original writings.

When I first looked up Necronomicon in Wikipedia, it describes the origin & history of the book as if it were the "real McCoy" from Lovecraft's writings & also its history from the perspective of "real world" use from Lovecraft & other authors who incorporated it within their own stories.

I happen to own H.R. Geiger's version...It's pretty much just a "Necronomicon-like" collection of Geiger's artwork. Visceral & gothic/cyberpunk type stuff.

Mostly I put this thread over here in BTS, because I know that the LOC tries to keep a copy of every publication known to Man. Finding proof that the government has the Necronomicon wouldn't be difficult & then just added a "conspiratorial/horror" angle on it.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

join