It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US hate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know why muslim extremists hate the US so much? Is it because we give Israel our unconditional support, or is it because we're so radical when it comes to human rights(like equal rights for women), or do they fear that they'll be the next country to be "liberated"? Please post your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Think if you lived in Iraq right now. You would see soldiers roaming the street and killing your fellow Iraqis or worse your family members.

Think about the movie Black Hawk Down. Eventually the soldiers just had to fire into a crowd of people to break them up. Innocent people are dying right along with the bad. No matter if they are good or bad their families and communities will hate the U.S for killing their family.

They also hate our way of life and freedoms. People who live in countries that are poor and destitute probably have nothing to show except for their religious devotion and family honor. So naturally anything that goes against that must be taken out. To some religions and countries we are the epitome of wrong to them.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It is because America gets there noses stuck into everyones buiseness and also gives out help but in return they want 10 times back not just in money but in minerals.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
1. We are infidels because..

a) We show skin

b) We eat pork

c) We worship a [false] God

d) We do not believe what they believe...

Shame on US!!!

Also, they don't like the fact that we have established military facilities and emplaced troops on what is considered the Muslim Holy land. (Incidentally, they interpret the Q'uran to say that where ever a Muslim makes his home is Muslim holy land. So, by extension of logic, that would make the USA Muslim holy land.) Actually that is the only interpretation because the Q'uran literally says that.

They want us to stay well out of their business, but I'm afraid if we did, they still wouldn't be happy. They then would have no reason to be.

DC

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
MIght have something to do with the fact that the US, as the most powerfull country, try to be a world-police. I don't really blame them, if another country would have been #1, they would probably have done the same.

MIght also have something to do with the fact that this country is the epitome of evil, if you believe some sh*t that is said around here..

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Think if you lived in Iraq right now. You would see soldiers roaming the street and killing your fellow Iraqis or worse your family members.

Think about the movie Black Hawk Down. Eventually the soldiers just had to fire into a crowd of people to break them up. Innocent people are dying right along with the bad. No matter if they are good or bad their families and communities will hate the U.S for killing their family.

They also hate our way of life and freedoms. People who live in countries that are poor and destitute probably have nothing to show except for their religious devotion and family honor. So naturally anything that goes against that must be taken out. To some religions and countries we are the epitome of wrong to them.

technically you can still make a living in america...minimum wage is 5.5 dollars an hour....(saw that in a restarurant) i mean they probably dont even have a minimum wage and they just work for food....well they have no right to bitch about the US because they are poor

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
....well they have no right to bitch about the US because they are poor

Unless you are one to assume that we are rich because we exploit others to become so.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

a) We show skin

b) We eat pork

Shame on US!!!

They're just as bad as us.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am baffeld to how SOME countries in Africa and Asia can be poor. I mean Africa is very rich in resoucres especially gold, and Asia the same such as India. So lets go back into history and look why this is.

Countries such as America and some in Europe took black people as slaves and took em back to there own country.

Then lets say America went back to Africa and took all there natural resources and took over the country and caused war.

Then there is unrest amoungst those countries in Africa and famine and death start to toll.

my piont is that countries such as America done no favours for those countries we call poor now, but only led them into what they are today.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The hate the US for many reasons. Some Rational, some not.

On the rational side, we support Israel, and regimes like the corrupt Saudis.

In the irrational side, were advanced, wealthy, and powerful, all without the aid of a god.thier god.

So, its half and half. But if you want reason number one, its because of Israel.

I cant blame them, I hate the US for supporting that #ty country too.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

a) We show skin

b) We eat pork

Shame on US!!!

They're just as bad as us.

Oh, I know. But you'd have a real hard time convincing them of that. I think the bottom line is that they go to extremes because they are extremists.

Just like when Al Sharpton was asked in a recent debate why he thought G. Bush lied to go to war...

He said, "Why do people lie? Because they're LIARS!"

I think there are much more pressing issues for the world right now other than fundamentalist extremism, though. I mean, that will NEVER go away.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is some more...this is by kids.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
most likely its our womens rights, and maybe its be cause were so much better off than them

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I read an interview in the New Yorks times with Farah Pahlavi, the widow of the Shah of Iran. She was asked "Why do the clerics demonize the US as the Great Satan?" She replied: "It's just so they can find enemies and outsiders to blame for their mismanagement, but the majority of the people in Iran are friendly to Americans, and they admire the freedom and democracy in America."

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I read an interview in the New Yorks times with Farah Pahlavi, the widow of the Shah of Iran. She was asked "Why do the clerics demonize the US as the Great Satan?" She replied: "It's just so they can find enemies and outsiders to blame for their mismanagement, but the majority of the people in Iran are friendly to Americans, and they admire the freedom and democracy in America."

Only the American elite have freedom, the rest of you are just as badly treated as any other countries peasants are ;o)

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last year.
There has always been a simmering resentment to the USA in this country - too loud, too rich, too full of themselves and so much happier than Europeans - but it has become an epidemic.

And it seems incredible to me. More than that, it turns my stomach.

thousands of ordinary men, women and children - not just Americans, but from dozens of countries - were butchered by a small group of religious fanatics. Are we so quick to betray them?

And these people brought it on themselves? And their nation is to blame for their meticulously planned slaughter?

These days you don't have to be some dust-encrusted nut job in Kabul or Karachi or Finsbury Park to see America as the Great Satan.

The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it likes without having to ask permission.

But don't blame America for not bringing peace and light to these wretched countries. How many democracies are there in the Middle East, or in the Muslim world? You can count them on the fingers of one hand - assuming you haven't had any chopped off for minor shoplifting.

I love America, yet America is hated. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle. But I would rather be a dog in New York City than a Prince in Riyadh. Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich, free, strong, open, optimistic.

These are some excerpts from an essay by Tony Parsons. I totally agree with him.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's all a question of national psychology.

If you're an American you are raised, educated and live a life in such a way that you have certain priorities and a certain outlook on the world around you. For example, you are told to love freedom, respect democracy and work for yourself to help make your country greater.
Europeans are raised in pretty much the same way.
But underlying all of this is a subtle indoctrination. Not necessarily harmful but still a form of brainwashing, no matter how mild.

The problem with some of these so called 3rd world nations is that their people are raised differently. The control over their psychology is a lot more stringent and the way that this control is engendered is by using negative emotions rather than the positive that modern states use. For example - people are taught to blindly follow a one party state system and never to question anything. They are taught to basically be a tool of their government and to serve it's desires almost as if they are zombies. The main way of indoctrination to this state of mind is by giving the subject something to focus their negative emotions on. The focus can be another political party - as seen in many dictatorships, another section of society - as seen in Rwanda, another country as seen in the Middle East (where lots of Arab countries use Israel to take their populations' mind off their own failings) or a combination of many as seen in Zimbabwe.
But the point is that there must always be a scapegoat or a focus for the negative emotions of the people whom they are controlling. If for one moment, that focus is diverted, there is the chance that the controlled population may realise that most of their problems are actually caused domestically by their own governments.

It's an easy way out to say that "this animosity was because of slavery" or "that was because of colonisation". The fact is that there are people behind the scenes keeping the old hates and fears alive for their own agendas. Indoctrination into any political ideal is not difficult if you have control over most aspects of your populations life. If you are told every day from birth that the world outside your country is evil and you have no access to any means of proving otherwise, you will eventually believe what you are told. Couple this with the fact that the human being is a social animal where groups of people tend to come together over issues - no matter how far apart at the beginning, eventually a majority will form - and it's easy to plant a controlling thought in a nation's mind.

Hatred and fear of others is the easiest controlling weapon available.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich, free, strong, open, optimistic.

ha!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Does anyone know why muslim extremists hate the US so much? Is it because we give Israel our unconditional support, or is it because we're so radical when it comes to human rights(like equal rights for women), or do they fear that they'll be the next country to be "liberated"? Please post your thoughts.
Right now, I think it's because the U.S. Government gives support to some faction of the Israeli movement.

Muslim extremists are only realizing in a very quick way what American citizens are slowly comprehending about the activities of their "leaders."

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich,

Something like 5% of Americans own 95% of the wealth in the US. Ask the millions in poverty or the 50m without healthcare if they are "rich"

free,

unless you walk down the street with an almanac.

strong,
just because there is a war mongorer is charge, it doesnt make the US strong.

open,
Ask the people in charge about area 51, how about human experimentation.

optimistic.
I think the US is the least optomistic its ever been now.

Americans are brainwashed and conditioned from an early age into thinking their country is the best in the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join