It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about Russia's Stealth?!?! What about the others?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2002 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was reading a story on one of these kind of sites (like ATS.com).... it talked about Russia having stealth air craft?!?!

Well, supposedly Russia has technology simular to some things the USA has... well..... where's those pics?!?! Anyone have any stories from there?!?! Any "aliens" crash there too?!?!?

Are the conspiricy stories only on the USA?!?!? What about the other countries?!?! I mean I know there are all different kind of bases across the world but....????? What kind of air craft do the others have?!?!?

Now that China has been sold some of the USA's top weaponry secrets....... who's watching them?!?! And what else does Russia have?!?!

It seems the Clinton's weren't biased to sell anything to the highest bidder!!!!! So who else was sold the USA's secrets?!?!?!?!

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i bet the russians are really close to the US in term of Black-technology.
heard of the mig 1.42?

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes of course, he's coming just after the 1.41 & just before the 1.43

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Do the Russians have the money to attempt to build a stealth aircraft. They might be able to build an F-117 type plane ( as the technology has been around for 20 years ).
I really want to know what the US is doing ? I have heard rumours of an active stealth device.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A F-117A have been shot over Serbia, during Kosovo War, and the Serbs gave it to the Russia I think.

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Does Russia have enough money to do this.............
Well, after making that $40 billion deal with Iraq and who knows how much with Iran....... ummm...... yeah, they probably do have enough!
Not to mention other countries/individuals they have deals with.

[Edited on 15-9-2002 by UniQue Werkx]

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniQue Werkx
Does Russia have enough money to do this.............
Well, after making that $40 billion deal with Iraq and who knows how much with Iran....... ummm...... yeah, they probably do have enough!
Not to mention other countries/individuals they have deals with.

Umm yeah take a look at Russia. They can barely feed they're army, let alone spend billions on one high risk project. Besides they don't get $40billion cash, part of the deal is trading oil.
The Russians have put what little money they have in developing SAM systems which can etect stealth aircraft. The new S-400 SAM is supposed to be able to do this.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Being a former Communist State Russia's main funds were in Millitary and Space Programs. Also you have to consider the fact that well Russia has a lot of gold mines or used 18k gold in fact. So I don't doubt they dont have the cash and I think Russia is a little more carefull with exposing there millitary secrets.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   

They might be able to build an F-117 type plane ( as the technology has been around for 20 years ).

do you even know where you got this technology?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

They might be able to build an F-117 type plane ( as the technology has been around for 20 years ).

do you even know where you got this technology?

thats right! Soviet scientist Ufimtsev!!

F-117s and B-2s are very costly, and require special maintance and special airstrips, russian stealth is way different.

[Edited on 26-5-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Possibaly, the Russians keep secrets just like we do. It might not be on the same level as our, but why not? They do have the Saratove air base that is very similar to Groom Lake/ Area 51

Tim

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me. Look at how long American stealth plans were close secrets.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Even if the Russians could design and construct a primitive stealth aircraft (which they probably could) they would be facing some huge technological hurdles:

1. Radar Absorbant Materials (RAM). The crown jewel of our stealth capability, comprised of super-complex polymers and compounds that are insanely hard to produce AND apply to an airframe.

2. Their design would probably have to be a faceted approach, ala F-117. They probably dont have the raw computing horsepower to design a blended body aircraft that is truely low observable and flyable.

3. If they did use curved surfaces, it would probably only be in the areas of the intakes and exhaust. The MiG 1.42 has some of these features, but in a very limited way. I'm sure it's RCS is reduced, but still not enough to warrant a "stealth" monniker.

4. Active stealth (via plasma or whatever) is a load of crap. Might look good on the blackboard and maybe some Russian or US eggheads have experimented with it in the lab, but to generate the power required for it to have a noticeable effect would keep any tactical aircraft grounded. Not to mention that the active plasma field (a measurable source of energy) could be detected and used to track any aircraft employing it.....

5. Look for the Russians to employ limited LO techniques on their SU-27 and MiG-29 follow up aircraft (if there ever are any) like the French have done on the Rafale. A little RAM here and there and a little creative shaping here and there, and you can reduce your RCS by 10-15 db. But not enough to be called "stealth".

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
stealth is not invincible it is difficult to detect. the F-22 or any other "stealth" aircraft can be detected by a radar operating at any reasonable frequency with sufficient power output and conveniently placed receivers.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
afaik - russian researchers are very sceptical about stealth technology, at least american way.. and believe me - not so bad situation at Russia - Design bureaus still working in ALL military researches... looking for US fails and mistakes
)

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The russian aircraft designer's favorite tool!
The Scanner/Fax!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did you know that.. russian weapon generally are Cheaper, are more user friedly, more robust and have more destructive power than their us counterparts..
Take for examble ak-47/akm/ak-74/ak-74m vs. M-16/4 only thing in witch ak series loses to the armalite series rifles is accuracy and ak:s accuracy of about 10cm groups at 150 with 10 shots aint bad either..
And U.S army doesnt have anything like the 82mm Vasilyek automatic Grenade launcher.. I have heard that this is weapon of great firepower..
www.jed.simonides.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There are soo cheap because there are soo many of them that have been produced. Yea they may be more powerful but the US counterparts are far more accurate and advanced, Far less jams and malfunctions.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
Did you know that.. russian weapon generally are Cheaper, are more user friedly, more robust and have more destructive power than their us counterparts..
Take for examble ak-47/akm/ak-74/ak-74m vs. M-16/4 only thing in witch ak series loses to the armalite series rifles is accuracy and ak:s accuracy of about 10cm groups at 150 with 10 shots aint bad either..
And U.S army doesnt have anything like the 82mm Vasilyek automatic Grenade launcher.. I have heard that this is weapon of great firepower..
www.jed.simonides.org...

yeah my friends from the army always complain how they must clean the damn f16 every friggin 2 hours
with galil[ak] they have no worries of jamming etc.

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Also i wouldnt be suprised if the russians had stealth but i think if they did they either have a working prototypes or a very smalll fleet and they could not contend withthe new generation of upcomming US stealth technology.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join