It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT BROWN NOSING tired of the petulance here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why are people whining with so much petulance here lately?
Do you really need for someone to tell you, if your a good
person or not? You know in your heart who you are. The ATS/BTS
would be nothing without the mods. It would all go to hell in a hand basket! I'm so tired of the poor me threads, nobody likes me because of clicks! WHO GIVES A RATS ASS really? Clicks,,, Shmicks I don't care!
If they don't like my threads so what! No skin of my arse. I've been accused of brown nosing. Why? because I have deep respect for the Mods and Administration? Their job isn't easy and I sure couldn't do it! I've been on sites where you are flamed and stripped of any dignity you thought you ever had. There has to be some kind of control and rules.
I'm sure some rules are hard for the mods to enforce, because of the persons involved. But they have too! They can't be selective on which members can get away with something and others not. That wouldn't be fair some would cry foul and reasonably so! This site is for everyone. You may think something is appropriate to post and a Mod does not. That's fine by me,,, no problem just remove it. No hostilities on my part he/she is just doing the job their suppose to. I've been here a really long time and plan on staying. The ATS/BTS for me is a huge amount of information. A place to go to talk about things you wouldn't want to discuss with your neighbor. Here you have good people with similiar experiences. It's not the attention it brings to me, but the information. If just one of my posts helped one person, in all years I've been here. Than I'm a happy camper. Thank-you Mods & Administration of the the ATS. Not brown nosing just respect for you guys.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You know, you are so right. Who cares! My tangeant built up over a series of threads which people stomped all over, though. I probably have the best sense of humor of anyone here and i can take a joke as well as 100 jokes, and i find humor in everything.
I've been blessed that way. Thank goodness! You are right, the cliques have been here since the beginning, so i shouldnt let that bother me.
The reason it bothered me a little was because i think my "rant" thread to which you are referring to, got a little out of hand, and there was no one except for a few members, to actually try to keep order there.
Then i realize it is my fault.

Its my fault because i have been "B" essing for years, clowning around, and i really have no right to expect others to take me seriously ( when i want to be serious)- As some of my friends pointed out, they were just joking with me, and i know they were.

I apologize for the behavior i displayed on a bad night, you see, i am human after all, and i do have certain feelings. and those feelings came out that particular night.

If i'm going to BS around i should be able to take what is handed to me. I learned my lesson. But i also want people to know that i can be serious and well, only crazy people are happy all the time, so i do have my days.

I couldnt understand why none of the mods or supermods would come to my rescue, and it was pointed out to me i was in the "chit-chat" forum.
Hey, i make mistakes, duh!

In any case, i apologize to those i offended and I am happy to be a member here.

My rant was in no way meant to draw attention to myself, as i know who i am and i have to say, i like myself.

Bless you all

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
yay, two of my favorite girls all in one place.

We are all human and this is our place to rant, vent and move forward right?

Some days we are Sage and some days we are sausage.

I love you both and just wanted to tell you so, obviously this is one of my sausage days...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
To dgtempe

It wasn't necessarily your fault dg. We should have been more sensitive or at least I should have been. I'm so sorry. I know this is an extremely difficult time in your life. Your're right about crazy people being happy all the time. Between me and you I worry about my sister. She's *WAY* too happy and things are going to hell in a hand basket for her. They got caught up in that low interest rate mortgage scam and used their home like an ATM Machine. Now, her husband who was a heavy drinker shot his liver and has been out of work for over a year. They've alway's lived in a huge beautiful home and High on the Hog. Personally I don't think either of them could adapt to anything less. They already spent most of the money on a brand new double-cab truck and a cadiallic.

I know some of the mods and supermods here are young and may not have grasped your situation. That's why I said, I should have. You did not offend me, nor do you have to apologize. I admit I got caught up in the jokes and didn't feel the pain you were going through. Besides, it takes a WHOLE LOT to offend me. One website I was on someone called me a Wrinkled-up Old Windbag! Hey, I may be old, but I'm not wrinkled-up. Inherited good genes from my father. Sometimes I feel I'm an outcast here, because I'm sooooo old. I don't respond to a lot of posts, but it's not because I'm a snob. It's just that I don't know what their talking about? I don't know the new dance craze or the latest rock videos. I suppose I could google it and fake it, but that wouldn't be me.

I know your rant wasn't to draw attention. You were crying out for help and we were oblivious to the fact. Laughing and joking, but not at you. I want to say again that I'm truly sorry. I hope you stay here with us, because we really do care about you. And I hope AD comes back too. If you have any problems feel free to U-2 me anytime. Bless you too dear.

antar I'm not avoiding you dear. Having some problems with my 40 year old baby and getting some real headaches. It's a real long story, but you will be hearing from me. Hope your weather is better and sure glad your safe.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am so happy we straightened this out.

You ARE very special people to me!

Thank you both and everyone else

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hold on to that thought, and know that you are loved and appreciated by the right people here.

MS you are so wise, I love you too, I would love nothing more than to catch up with you.

top topics

join