It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ode to my Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
She was gentle but firm. An unconditional love and a radiance of goodness.
I don't know how many rosaries she said sitting in her perfectly manicured flower beds in the back yard. I bought her a 4 ft statue madonna one mother's day. She adored it. It weathered 9 yrs in the yard in near miraculously perfect condition. I begged her to let me make a grotto for it, but she refused. It now sits on my living room glass table in a makeshift altar.
She was the daughter of a Pennsylvania coal miner. Tough as nails when she had to be. Tender and warm the rest.
I bought her an eight piece casserole set with my paper delivery money at seven on another mothers day . And told her how much I loved her hungarian/slovak cooking. I didn't see that woman cry much, but she did then. That woman was a wizard in the kitchen. Two of those casserole dishes survive in my cupboards.
Thanks Mom. I know the hell I put you through in my teens. The gray in your hair I gave you on my motorcycle in college.
You were always there for me. Unconditionally.
I love you very much.
Give all your mothers the love and respect they deserve today. We never know what tomorrow brings.
Peace.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From my heart, I share your love. Your words are pure and filled with so much of what makes this life lead us in the right direction.
Blessings today.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well said - both of you.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
John, I hadn't seen this until after I posted the comment on your profile, I find it odd that we both used the words unconditional love.

It says alot about a Man, the way he has honored his mother.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I'm crying and i'm all choked up. How beautiful! Your mother is looking in on you and smiling and protecting you.
She will always be with you. Always.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kindness. I cannot reread my post without drawing tears. That woman was really special to me. My best friend. Thank you all.reply to post by dgtempe

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Tomorrow I go home, to where I grew up, to visit my mother, in the cemetery where she has laid to rest for 15 years.
Mother's day was also her birthday, and it was my vow when she past away to place her favorite flowers, violets, on her grave on that day every year.
For the past many years, I was not able to return. Some people in my life did not see my vow as important.
I do.
I could not make it there till this weekend, but nothing or no one will stop me now.
*tears*

No matter how much time passes, you always miss your Mom.
AD

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What a big step to be able to return to her place of burial, AD.

My thoughts will be with you sending you light and strength.

May this step be a beginning of freedom for you, but as you said.........One can never forget the need and desire for she who has borned them.

Bless you girl. You are awesome!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
What a big step to be able to return to her place of burial, AD.

My thoughts will be with you sending you light and strength.

May this step be a beginning of freedom for you, but as you said.........One can never forget the need and desire for she who has borned them.

Bless you girl. You are awesome!

Thank you much hun, as Iam already feeling the overwhelming emotions.
I hope I can keep it together.
I'm taking my camera with me, and I'm gonna take some pics of my hometown. I haven't been on a trip anywhere since New York in November.
I haven't been home in about 7 years.
I'm supposed to meet with some friends later in the evening to have a few drinks, and I want my spirits up.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You will be fine, AD.

You are so much stronger than you know, it reflects in your words you share with us in this community.

What doesn't kill us strengthens us. You ARE a survivor!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
You will be fine, AD.

You are so much stronger than you know, it reflects in your words you share with us in this community.

What doesn't kill us strengthens us. You ARE a survivor!

That is why I keep coming here. So many great friends to keep me going.
Thank you.

top topics

join